TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: I die when I make a game. (ut)

I die when I make a game. (ut)

I'm makeing a level and unrealed2.0 for unrealtournament. I have around 4 start points and i test the level on 0-2 bots. I always get telefragged when I start. I can't move anywere it jsut keeps on killing me. Plz help me!

Oh my god!
    Do you really?!

Wait... how do you know that?

(heh heh...)

*runs back to the Thief forums*

(ok, i probably have no idea what you're talking about, but have you set up the starting points correctly? maybe you should re-check some tutorial about it or something. and this is an advice from someone who has never even seen UnrealEd... )

If this is happening, you may need to hit escape to bring up the menu, and actually start a bot match with 0-2 bots on one of the game's standard maps. Then quit out of Unreal back to the editor. Then click the play-test button again.

I was having issues sometimes where it would try to spawn about 8 bots in the level, and I would find myself having to do it this way.

It won't remember the setting if you change the number of bots when launching UT from the editor.

Boot up UT as normal (i.e. not via the editor) then start a match with 0 bots. Now quit.

Now load the editor, press play, and voilá, ZERO bots. ZERO Crates. No Big baddaaaa boom. Move forwards, bring up the console and type: addbots x where x is the number of bots you want to spawn.

Also check that your playerstart actors are high enough off the ground, not too close together or encroaching on walls.

thx guys,its fixed now