TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stormcloaks vs Imperial Legion [Spoilers]

skyrim: discusso

Thanks for that link Vernon. Boy! I wish I'd found/read that dossier before I joined the Stormcloaks; it definitely would've made a difference in my choice.

Operational Notes: Direct contact remains a possibility (under extreme circumstances), but in general the asset should be considered dormant. As long as the civil war proceeds in its current indecisive fashion, we should remain hands-off. The incident at Helgen is an example where an exception had to be made - obviously Ulfric's death would have dramatically increased the chance of an Imperial victory and thus harmed our overall position in Skyrim.
    I didn't notice any Thalmor agents in the vicinity at that time, but then again, I was kinda preoccupied with my own impending doom. I do wonder how the Thalmor intended to intervene before Ulfric's beheading had Alduin not made his timely appearance. My guess is that the Thalmor had a collaborator in place ready to intervene, though I'm curious to know who that may have been.

The so-called Markarth Incident was particularly valuable from the point of view of our strategic goals in Skyrim, although it resulted in Ulfric becoming generally uncooperative to direct contact.
    Once again, I must've missed some document or info regarding this, since there's no information on TESWiki about the Markarth Incident. Anybody know what exactly happened there that caused Ulfric to be considered 'generally uncooperative' with the Thalmor?

(NOTE: The coincidental intervention of the dragon at Helgen is still under scrutiny. The obvious conclusion is that whoever is behind the dragons also has an interest in the continuation of the war, but we should not assume therefore that their goals align with our own.)

The assumption by the Thalmor that 'someone' was behind the dragon attacks made me chuckle. As if anyone could control or command Alduin and his minions. Right.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Once again, I must've missed some document or info regarding this, since there's no information on TESWiki about the Markarth Incident. Anybody know what exactly happened there that caused Ulfric to be considered 'generally uncooperative' with the Thalmor?
    I believe they're referring to this.

Gosh, don't you read anything in the game?