TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amusing enemy deaths

Administrator
    Yes, well I think we've heard enough about your sexual preferences over the years, piglet...

Back on track, here's one I took a few days ago:

2012-01-20_00001

The Draugr got its head stuck in the gate, and it stayed there when I opened it. Perhaps if I'd had fraps running I'd have posted a short video of the twitching...

I get the biggest kick out of those 'Wtf?!' enemy-death moments. I think my all-time favorite, though it wasn't the death of an enemy, was the time a giant pounded one of my companions (Eric-the-Something) and he flew upwards so fast & high that I think he went into orbit around Nirn. Never did find him again. Sucks, 'cuz he was one of the best warriors I'd ever traveled with.

Administrator
    Erik the Slayer. I gave his dad the 500 Septims but I haven't found him again yet to take him on a Great Adventure, and possibly get him killed.

That particular companion turned out to be one ferocious warrior, btw. Erik was the only companion that, iirc, I only had to use the 'resurrect' command on once (after the run-in with the giant). I got tired of going back & replacing companions early-on in the game but still, Erik was with me the longest until I finally donated him to the Blades. At the time, it seemed to me he was sometimes a tad more interesting (dialogue-wise) than the other companions I've had. Of course, he ends up repeating the line about never realizing how great adventure could be while he was down on the farm, etc., or whatever that line was.

If you're seriously looking for him & can't find him in Rorikstead, you could always cheat & do the command: player.placeatme 00065657.

I'm a sucker for scripted trap deaths. In Oblivion it was the Mages guild quest where the guy is all "WE'RE THE ONLY ONES LEFT" and then immediately runs into a crushing floor/ceiling trap and dies. In Skyrim it's the chick in Angarvunde who is all "OMG THE TREASURE IS ALL MINE" then immediately runs into a similar trap and dies.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCToad View Post
    Ya know, the "host" of one video blog I follow argues that somebody making huge deal about minor spelling or grammar errors (and love to call people out on it) is a sign of a dweeb.
    Following a video blog marks you as someone much worse than a dweeb.

Maybe a twerp, even!

Administrator
    With any luck he's not taken the bait, Koki, and we'll be spared another dull exchange of insults.