TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Here, allow me to blow the dust off...

Here, allow me to blow the dust off...

Hey there folks,

Yeah... I'm back. Place looks like a ghost town though posted over in the Shock 2 editing forum and nothing so far.

I'm back working on my old project, finally came up with a name for it though =P and a good story line, hell I even have voice actors now.

We have a girl doing SHODAN, she sounds almost like the original SHODAN from System Shock 1 before she went all postal (You know, the Welcome email?)

I'm taking it slow, but I'll have a teaser video when I get that far.

Soo...any old shockers still hanging around that I might know?

Edit-
    Last edited by MrTrip; 21st May 2012 at 16:55.

I hear you on this place looking like a ghost town, it's really in the last year that the numbers have dropped pretty sharply. Having a voice actor for SHODAN sounds really cool, especially if you can pull off the editing. Any tentative guesses on time to release?

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    I hear you on this place looking like a ghost town, it's really in the last year that the numbers have dropped pretty sharply.
    Yeah I see that...its sad actually..

Having a voice actor for SHODAN sounds really cool, especially if you can pull off the editing.
    I've got a couple guys working on it, I'm hoping for something good to come out of it.

Any tentative guesses on time to release?
    Only when its done, I might be roped into another game project on a newer game so I may have to put this on the back burner yet again

Yes a new FM!
    That's great news! Im just going to ignore the last sentence^^

Sweet, another new FM! I look forward to it, and hope it doesn't end up on the backburner before it's done.

I think I might try making a SS2 FM after all, once I'm done with the one I'm making for TRON 2.0 right now. Though it will probably end up being very short. But I'm really in the mood to create a Shock style level, and what better way to do that than to actually make the real thing. Though that Shock (and Thief) influence is also going to spill over into the 2.0 FM. I'm just more familiar with the tools for 2.0, so I'm investing in that first, before learning everything anew to create a SS2 FM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip View Post
    Soo...any old shockers still hanging around that I might know?
    Not too many of us are still around these days. But there's still a few here and there. I personally don't check the shock forums as often as I used to, due to the lack of activity for QUITE some time.

A new FM huh? sweet. I assume this has nothing to do with that time travel FM you were doing many years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Not too many of us are still around these days. But there's still a few here and there. I personally don't check the shock forums as often as I used to, due to the lack of activity for QUITE some time.

A new FM huh? sweet. I assume this has nothing to do with that time travel FM you were doing many years ago?
    Ha, it does, but not so much time travel as what came to me in a dream one night =P

I had my zune on random, and it played a bunch of stuff with SHODAN in it and Shock 2 music.

Aaaaand tada, I figured out exactly what I'm going to do. I'm rebuilding that FM, I know I spent a lot of time on it but I think I can get it hammered out.

These SS2 forums have been mostly dead for a long time. There's still some activity over on SMA, but there are sadly few people talking about System Shock anywhere these days.

The lack of FMs (especially compared to Thief) probably has a lot to do with this state of affairs.

I attribute most of the attrition(at least in this specific sub-forum) to the "fall" of Irrational. After Bioshocks 1 and 2 had been released, and it was clear what the progression of the shock series was (i.e. not much to do with the older games, even in spirit), there wasn't much to discuss regarding the franchise other than the odd bug/issue that cropped up, which by now most of them are covered in stickies, so....

I still lurk though, checking every now and again. A new FM is great news! Let me know if you need any help with sound, music or more voice-work as I have a pretty decent home studio setup.

Well, SS1+2 have been out long enough all the topics have been pretty much talked to death by now. Also, most people moved on...

A new FM would certainly stir things up round here again. Used to be my fave forum for years...
    Miri, I TOLD you this would be worth it...."
    Glory Glory!

Woah, a new SS2 FM? That'll be awesome.

Better figure out how to get ALL my LG games to run again. Stupid computer. >_<

Zombified
    you know the saying "computer always does what you order it to do, but rarely what you want it to do"? well guess you do now.

ok, serious mode on, look around for:
    TFix
    Tafferpatcher
    SS2Tool

and you will be running in no time. too tired to give out links, sleepy time now.

Yeh, I'm building a new system now. No need to remind me of the tools I already know of (but are useless on *nix), but thanks anyways.

Zombified
    ddfix helps even when you run the games via wine, so I wouldn't say it's entirely useless. just remember to use 1.5.6 or older.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    Well, SS1+2 have been out long enough all the topics have been pretty much talked to death by now. Also, most people moved on...
    Not to mention that fact that when new people come on and post anything they usually get reprimanded y certain members for posting a topic that may have been covered in the past.
    I haven't been here for ages myself, because generally that was getting annoying...

MrTripp, I look forward to your FM