TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: BrainDead script messing up links to require all trap

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

BrainDead script messing up links to require all trap

I have 8 ai that carry keys. The keys are linked to a require all trap, linked to a Qvartrap to complete the key goal. The problem being reported is that if the player uses gas arrows, or takes the key after the ai is dead the link to the requireall is somehow broken. So we have a contains link from the ai to the key. How can I prevent anything from removing the link to the require all? We have the BrainDead script here also involved, probably with the gas arrows, or death.
    Somehow the link is being removed, or the TrigWorldFrob is rendered useless. Has to be something like that. I cannot use TrigContained ,because of the contain link already existing.

I went ahead and used TrigWorldFrob/dont inherit true on all 8 keys, to make this work on all of the operating systems. The s&r technique worked, but no better than the TrigWorldFrob script.

Only happens on Windows7 64bit and Windows Vista 32 bit. Xp64bit and 32 bit work without failing.

Any scripters have any idea what is happening here? Nevermind, it turned out being an outdated convict.osm file.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 18th Jun 2012 at 00:32.

You might want to consider renaming and shipping your campaign with known-to-work osms.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    You might want to consider renaming and shipping your campaign with known-to-work osms.
    Good idea Larry, I did for the xxx.osm, for timing, but it would be great to ship with convict.osm too.