TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Editing a FM with dromed?

Editing a FM with dromed?

OK I am a complete newbie at using dromed and never have before, but I figure I would ask if it was possible to change an already made fan mission that did not have say fire arrows to have a certian number of fire arrows and what would be the easiest way to do it.

Understnad this is NOT to change the original FM authors work or upload it on the web, this is purely for my playing and my playing alone.

What is the best tool do do this with a newbie?

Would the thief toolkit work?

Can you add a "store" with stuff to buy if it did not have one before?

Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post
    OK I am a complete newbie at using dromed and never have before, but I figure I would ask if it was possible to change an already made fan mission that did not have say fire arrows to have a certian number of fire arrows and what would be the easiest way to do it.
    Yes. Use DromEd to edit the misison and just drop the fire arrows where you want them. I suggest you start by reading the DromEd FAQ which is stickied at the top of this forum. Start with 1. Where can I find tutorials?. Then read the tutorials & work through them.

Understnad this is NOT to change the original FM authors work or upload it on the web, this is purely for my playing and my playing alone.
    OK

What is the best tool do do this with a newbie?
    Same answer as above. (Though it sounds a little kinky the way you ask it the 2nd time. )

Would the thief toolkit work?
    I think you mean the DromEd Toolkit, and yes, you should always use the DromEd Toolkit.

Can you add a "store" with stuff to buy if it did not have one before?
    You really mean to ask if you could. This is not likely without you doing a lot of research. Use the search engine to search this forum. But really you are trying to launch an atomic rocket before you have learned to roll over and burble. Start at the beginning. Read the DromEd FAQ and your journey will begin.
    Last edited by LarryG; 19th Jun 2012 at 02:49.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Another thing to beware of, is if the brush limit is already maxed, or object count, adding much else may cause some vanishing objects, brushes, or crashes. use in the command, once you are familiar with dromed, and it's rules. info_window This will tell you if you are at your object limit 2400, or brush limit 6900.

I added what ever I needed or wanted to almost all of the fms I have ever played. It is a matter of personal preference. It is also fun to have 100 fire arrows in the bonehoard !

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    I added what ever I needed or wanted to almost all of the fms I have ever played. It is a matter of personal preference.
    So you have no respect for the author's intended experience and just cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Only after I have played it their way numerous times and want more action. Yes ! One of the advantages of being able to edit, as Looking Glass originally intended. Edit what you like and dont like. I started doing this in T1/Tg after playing the game from Baffords to the Maw about 2 dozen times, then started getting bored with it. Then I would add whatever I wanted to try to make a different game out it. This is what led me to making my first crappy fm, which I have heard that some players with editing experience changed things for themselves to make an objective work or dim a light to create more shadows. This gave me the idea, that if I didn't like something, or needed something that wasn't there to just edit it.

But no, no disrespect was implicated here, just a personal preference, not cheating at all, just adding some powerups, mainly in undead missions. It is so fun blowing them to teeny tiny particles.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 19th Jun 2012 at 15:07. Reason: to add a bit

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post

PLEASE...SAVE the high horse crap of preaching about cheating. People can do it if they want to!

It is not your or my decision to make...it is up to that person. And if they want to, then why can't they? Other than a twisted view of them commiting some kind of gamers "sin" if they do? (Which is total crap! Usually put on people by others who want to make themselves seem bigger by saying they didn't cheat.)

In case you don't understand..... this is not about RESPECTING anything! It is about having a choice! If you cannot understand that, then I don't know what to say, other than it will be a cold day in hades before I give my cheating up just because someone says it is wrong. I think they are full of crap myself!

And take a mission like I just completed like "Broken Hammers", in the objective it makes you fight a hoard of zombies, yet out of that mission I found only two fire arrows and two flash bombs!

And you are supposed to go up against zombies with broadheads?????? It just did not make ANY sense! And that was the original mission unedited! So not everything a FM author does is correct! I am wanting to go back to hard missions I have already played and actually have some decent equipment this time around to make things a little more FAIR! Is THAT wrong? I don't think so!
    Last edited by webe123; 19th Jun 2012 at 18:46.

Don't let ZB get to you, he's like that with everyone.

Be welcome at this forum.

As to why you want to do what you do want to do, that's your business. Generally we don't judge here, just try to help.

But you are also expected to use the published FAQs and tutorials and search engine to try to find answers on your own before posting a question that has been asked and answered dozens of times already. When that's the case, you are likely to get a link as a response without much else.

ZylonBane
    In case you don't understand..... this is not about RESPECTING anything!
    Clearly not... to the mind of a habitual cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Be welcome at this forum.
    Look at the join date. He's been here almost twice as long as you have.
    Last edited by ZylonBane; 20th Jun 2012 at 11:24.

Games are about enjoyment, if tweaking an FM adds to the fun-why not?

What one does in their own home is their own business. If they want to dress up Garrett in a ballerina tutu and give him a hankerchief instead of a blackjack, so what?

As long as they don't try and release the stuff to the public it doesn't matter a twit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    ... If they want to dress up Garrett in a ballerina tutu and give him a hankerchief instead of a blackjack, so what? ...
    Hmmm ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    What one does in their own home is their own business. If they want to dress up Garrett in a ballerina tutu and give him a hankerchief instead of a blackjack, so what?

As long as they don't try and release the stuff to the public it doesn't matter a twit.
    Oh no ! Someone must have video taped me while I was dressed up trying to be like Garrett ! I hope it didn't make it on youtube ! I dont remember holding a Hanky, but my memory has failed me once again.

Careful. We don't want to give Eidos any ideas for Thief 4.