TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Weird teleport problem affects ai charge ability

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Weird teleport problem affects ai charge ability

I am setting up a teleport where an object is teleported out, and an ai teleported in, basically the ai replaces the object. The problem is the ai is defensive only and does not charge the player. I tested the ai previously to make sure he had normal settings. When not a the same coordinates as the object, he charges normally. Using a bank sarge.

Any ideas whether or not the ai teleport traps is inheriting from the object ?

Teleporting makes an AI forget everything about the world. So when he suddenly sees the player appear before him, he thinks he's being ambushed.

Try manually adding an AIAttack link after the teleport. May be tricky, though. And be prepared for singleton errors.

Thankyou Telliamed, I suspected that but wasn't sure. The ai seems to pathfind nicely before pathfinding process. Fully processed, the ai is defensive only, unless struck with a weapon numerous times. This could probably be controlled, by disallowing the ai go to full alert. Bring the alert down, then back up. I also see that in time the ai returns to normal, but I have no idea how much time it takes.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 26th Jun 2012 at 09:06.

I remember years ago a thread on this, where zombies were teleported in and they acted correctly. As I recall, they started out embedded in a solid somewhere, and were teleported when something triggered the event. It may have been in a Thief Gold OM.

Check the T2 mission, "Life of the Party". In the necromancer's tower, when you read the book, 2 zombies are teleported in. They seem to go aggressive just fine.
    Shadowspawn's Thief Pages
    Darkness is always faster than light. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds the dark waiting for it.

Thanks Randy, I will check it out. Yeah, I know what you mean, as I have had no problems in other fms with teleporting active ai's in. Solid space, that sounds like a good idea, as I do have solid space blueroom setup.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    The problem is the ai is defensive only and does not charge the player.
    You mean he just stands there with his sword raised as if to parry? Sounds like he's stuck in the terrain and can't actually move.

Yep, but I did away with teleporting, and I am now just adding and removing ai sleep. Statues transforming into creatures. Thanks Nv !