TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Questions about factions

Questions about factions

Just a few questions that I didn't fee like researching myself:

Can you join the Comonna Tong?

Can you join the Dark Brotherhood?

Where can I get hooked up with a Vampire Clan?

Is there more than one clan, and do they have different quests/advantages?

Can you join more than one Vampire Clan?

Are there Witch Covens like in Daggerfall?

Thanks to anyone who answers these questions.

Re: Questions about factions

Originally posted by O_Guaglione
    Just a few questions that I didn't fee like researching myself:
    Then you're an idiot, and you will find that the honeymoon period for a newbie that doesn't like to do his own legwork is fairly short.

That said... I'm bored at work, so:

Can you join the Comonna Tong? No

Can you join the Dark Brotherhood? No

Where can I get hooked up with a Vampire Clan? Look it up, stupid.

Is there more than one clan, and do they have different quests/advantages? Yes, there are 3 main (joinable) clans, and about 9 or 10 little small clans. If you get bitten by one of the non-joinable clans, you won't be able to get any quests from the joinable clans. And you can choose only one clan - every other vampire will hate you on sight. There's the Berne, the Aundae, and the Druschati, which roughly translates to Thieves, Fighters, and Mages.

Can you join more than one Vampire Clan? No

Are there Witch Covens like in Daggerfall? Dunno - never played Daggerfall. There's necromancers, and groups of necromancers, but they're not joinable and are little more than a standard hate-you-on-site enemy.

For future questions of this sort, check out Desslock's Guide to Morrowind (which you might need a paid membership for) or the UESP, which has every answer to every question. Or do a search at the Official Forums, which has many more posters, and therefore many more questions and answers, than the Morrowind forums at TTLG.

oops

I forgot to ask: Which do you think would be the best Great House to join?
    I know they're all supposed to be balanced.

It seems like House Redoran is neutral between the Empire the the old Dunmer ways.
    House Telvanni seems to be extreme towards the old ways.
    House Hlaalu seems to favor the Empire.

The Duke is a member of House Hlaalu, and I wonder if that gives a better advantage.
    On the other hand, I keep hearing in the game that they are corrupted by the Comonna Tong, so he might be also.

House Telvanni may help you get in a little better with the locals because you may get better integrated with the ancient Dunmer ways.

House Redoran seems too neutral to add much flavor.

What is a main advantage to joining a house? I already have a reputation of near 30.

Thanks again.

Re: oops

Originally posted by O_Guaglione
    Which do you think would be the best Great House to join? Depends on whether you're more of a Thief, a Fighter, or a Mage. While it isn't a perfect equation, roughly Hlaalu = thieves, Redoran = fighters, and Telvanni = mages.

It seems like House Redoran is neutral between the Empire the the old Dunmer ways.
    House Telvanni seems to be extreme towards the old ways. House Hlaalu seems to favor the Empire. Sort of, but not really. Hlaalu welcomes the Empire and its money. Redoran is very much in favor of the old ways. Telvanni hates everything, including the "old ways" of the Morrowind Tribunal, and simply wants to be left alone to do magic and (in certain cases) worship the Daedra.

What is a main advantage to joining a house? I already have a reputation of near 30. More quests, more loot, more reputation, you get to experience a fairly large number of side quests that you wouldn't otherwise get to do, and you also get a permanent Stronghold out of the deal.

People who have not played Daggerfall or Arena are the newbies

Well, I'm a newbie to your sight, but don't call me a newbie to the Elder Scolls series. If you haven't played Daggerfall or Arena then you are just a trend-follower for the newest game.

If you don't know what a Witch Coven is, it's a joinable faction from Daggerfall; there's a few of them. That's why I asked. They're a bunch of Daedra worshippers.

There used to be 12 Knight Guilds you can join. They incorporated them all into one in Morrowind - the Imperial Legion.

You were able to join the Dark Brotherhood in earlier games.

I know you're a mod, Zaphod, but that doesn't give you the right to call someone stupid or an idiot. I follow the rules of the site and I don't harrass people or talk trash. Why are you talking to me like that, especially if you're a mod?

I didn't call you a newbie to Elder Scrolls. I called you a newbie to the mores of TTLG, based on this sentence alone: "Just a few questions that I didn't fee like researching myself"

I have no patience for someone who doesn't know how to, or worse, doesn't feel like, doing their own homework. There is a Search function. Use it. The fact that I answered your questions is only because I like talking about Morrowind.

No one likes someone who asks others to provide him with answers to questions that are readily available in dozens of websites, is all I'm saying.

And, the fact that I'm a mod doesn't mean I can't call you an idiot. And, simply because I'm a mod doesn't mean that you lose your right to report my behavior to one of the mods of THIS forum, or one of the admins.

Anyway, hope those faction answers helped.

Ah, cool it Zaphod. Not many other people searches the forums before asking something. And, like the others, now he knows, right? No problem there

Guaglione, it's not worth it, so don't worry about it. He called you an idiot, so maybe, somewhere down the road, you'll get the chance to point out something stupid he does? *shrugs* What comes around goes around, eh?

In my opinion, House Hlaalu is only useful because it's stronghold is built pretty much right next to Balmora. I haven't played Telvanni or Redoran, but the Telvanni do give you some kick-butt armor. It's daedric, but pre-enchanted. And you do get a cool looking Wizard's Tower thing, and there's plenty of mods for that particular stronghold. If you're a good magic-user, or even just a decent one, you should try out the Telvanni. (By the way: You can kill a lot of the people you don't like. That's called 'accelerated promotion' )

Originally posted by RyushiBlade
    Not many other people searches the forums before asking something.
    They probably SHOULD be searching before asking questions!