TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Custom Resources for dromEd

Clearinghouse
    Found Book (one) by Zuboskal.

Beautiful, clearing! I have just the place for it in DP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Beautiful, clearing! I have just the place for it in DP2.
    Haven't put it into DP2 yet since I loathe palettizing book art such that the font looks decent. If anyone takes the time to do so with this art for their own purposes, I would greatly appreciate it being shared. If not, I may still try to do it myself.

You can repalettise the fonts to match the palette used in the image, too.
    I did that for the EP book art. It was a pain.

Archivist

Recent changes

General
    - new list for Custom materials (objects, textures, skins etc)
    Custom Materials list
    - new Thief site added: Master Builder Store by Judith
    - new addition to Christine's Homepage: Objects & AI from 'Pirates Ahoy!'
    - new additions to Starforge - Thief 2: Street lamp, wooden cabinets, and street sign objects
    - package with many textures, objects and skins added under 2: Forum threads - Various
    - new addition to Master Builder Store: Textures by Judith
    - 6 new CoSaS Object Packs (with beds, replacement portcullises & ladders, keys, tinderbox and flares, and chairs from Mission X) added under 2: Forum threads - Objects
    Custom Voices list
    - new voice actors added: metal dawn (male), Elentari and Bookaholic (female)
    Tutorials list
    - maps Tutorial using GIMP recovered and added to Starforge - Thief 2
    - new GIMP Tutorial On Custom Textures

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Hey, good find clearing! I overlooked this until now.

EDIT: added to the list.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 2nd Nov 2008 at 14:37.

Clearinghouse
    Textures by snakehunt3r.

I don't think this tutorial is on the Specific Tutorials list:

The Pixie QVar Tutorial
    describing how to use QVars, create objectives and achieve some other cool effects with QVars in FMs.
    http://thiefmissions.com/tutorials/qvars10.zip

This one is very comprehensible and informative, unfortunatelly it's hard to find it if you don't know that something like that exists. I have problems to find it each time I need to download it I have paper version printed, but it's not always around
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

Phantom, is there any chance of adding my tutorials to the list?

Archivist
    Sure sneaksie! It's up at the top of the list!

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_in_the_shell View Post
    I don't think this tutorial is on the Specific Tutorials list:

The Pixie QVar Tutorial
    describing how to use QVars, create objectives and achieve some other cool effects with QVars in FMs.
    http://thiefmissions.com/tutorials/qvars10.zip
    It can be found by clicking http://thiefmissions.com/tutorials/, which is already mentioned.
    Is it too hard to find? I could put the direct link under Specific tutorials as well

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    It can be found by clicking http://thiefmissions.com/tutorials/, which is already mentioned.
    Is it too hard to find? I could put the direct link under Specific tutorials as well
    I noticed that http://thiefmissions.com/tutorials/ is on the list of tutorial sources after I posted that. But this way the tutorial isn't anyhow described in the list, having it listed will make finding it much easier I think. There are only 3 files in the listed directory so I think it will be more informative to make separate entries for the directory content than "concealing" it with the link to directory. Also this way there will be chanse that someone will find the entry on the list even with use of forum search function using "QVar" and "tutorial" terms together, which is what I tries to do each time I forget where I found it
    Thank you for reply, I guess I wrote it several times before, but It's worth to be repeated: you are doing great work running all those lists here and at Fan Missions Forum

EDIT: Anyway link to the directory have an advantage of pointing a place where some other tutorials might appear, so off course I don't think it's necessery to remove the general link if all its current content will be listed separately.
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

Archivist
    Instead of making seperate links for every tutorial on a website, I've decided to just include the tutorial names.

When you now look at thiefmissions.com/tutorials in the list, you can see mentions of both tutorials found there.
    The Pixie QVar Tutorial for example, is now easy to find when clicking Search this Thread and typing 'Pixie QVar'.

I'm planning to do the same for the other sites.

When you now look at thiefmissions.com/tutorials in the list, you can see mentions of both tutorials found there.
    The Pixie QVar Tutorial for example, is now easy to find when clicking Search this Thread and typing 'Pixie QVar'.

I'm planning to do the same for the other sites.
    Great, good way of listing the content, better than what I suggested I think

UPDATED
    http://whoopdedo.org/doku/index
    - New tutorial by R Soul -
    For:
    - Custom Menus
    - DromEd Building Principles
    - Using the Time Value
    - Creating a CamVator Sequence
    Not all of the tutorials mentioned there were written by me, and just to be clear, the site was made by Telliamed and anyone can add things to it.

These are the ones I wrote
    - Custom Menus
    - Using the Time Value
    - Creating a CamVator Sequence
    - Importing a Custom Texture
    - Creating New Types Of Roombrush
    - ‘Bring Object To Location’ Objectives
    - Alerting Friendly AI with Lockpicking
    - Reducing Object Count
    - Making an AI Pick Up a Weapon
    - Working Out Which Files Are Associated With An Object
    - Making Object Roofs

Of course it's a good idea to have a list of all the tutorials on that site, as long as you bear in mind that there are several authors.

Nice work Phantom, this whole thread is awesome.

I should point out that there appears to be stuff that is useful not just for dromed, but for personal use, like Shadow Sneaker's six music tracks.

Maybe Guide to Custom Resources for Dromed/Thief/Personal use? idk.

Archivist
    R Soul: Yup, i'm aware of that. I've opened nearly all of those listed to copy the precise title .
    I don't intend to mention who wrote each tutorial. To keep things clear, and since every tutorial includes the name of the author anyway.
    Your name is listed there for the time being, to indicate it's the last addition (at least the tutorial that was last announced afaik).

sNeaksie: The music tracks you describe are listed here. Scroll to 2 (Forum threads) and look under Music.

Glad you taffers find this useful.

No, you misunderstand me - I was observing what was already in the list. I know that already. I was hinting at changing the thread title....

Archivist
    Well, the tracks are great for personal use, but this thread wasn't created for this purpose. And most is all for dromed anyway.

People will be able to find it when they're searching for terms as "music" or "tracks" .

ZylonBane
    http://www.fromoldbooks.org/

Pretty much exactly what it sounds like. High-quality scans from really old books, with tons of those woodcut style illustrations that integrate into Thief so well.

Archivist

Custom sound resource

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/tagsViewSingle.php?id=3454

The great thing about this site is that it's all free and you can preview a sound instantly by clicking on the play button before downloading.
    Informed by Procession.

Archivist

Recent changes

Custom Materials list
    - Addition to Master Builder Store (Textures by Renzatic)
    - New Thief site by Eshaktaar, containing objects from "Broken Triad"
    - Art Package with painting objects listed under 'Objects/Models'
    - Remaining CoSaS Object Packs listed, & included link to Release Pack Index
    - New Glyphs Objects pack by LarryG listed under 2: Forum threads - Objects/Models
    - CoSaS Object Packs 7 - 18 (containing objects from Mission X) listed under 2: Forum threads - Objects/Models, Skins, and Sound
    - New Thief Site called "Dark Zone", containing several custom objects
    - New addition on the Thief Site Master Builder Store (new textures by Renzatic)
    Tutorials list
    - R Soul's website added
    - Fixed link to R Soul's Time Tutorial and Soulforge Machines Tutorial
    - added a description for tutorial searching.
    - Fixed links for the "Ranstall Tutorials" and "Raetsel's New Sky Tutorial", thanks to the Wayback Machine
    - Individual mentions for all the tutorials on various websites
    - Tutorials page added, containing tutorials for Burricks and Explodable barrels by SneaksieGarrett
    - New tutorial by R Soul listed under The Dromeday Book
    Demos list
    - New Gamma Box demos by Sxerks
    - The Nameless Tower website listed as demo source
    - Added The Keep's FM Archive as demo website
    - Removed indiv. mentions for the demos: in-game shop ; keys and locks ; grappling hook ; Merry Christmas (all available in The Keep's archive)

Quake 3 textures for Thief
    By Sensut
    Available: Quake 3 Textures by Id Software
    Latest addition: unknown
    Are these downloads legal? I have no moral objection to using a few of those textures, but we do have to be careful.

New link
    The Thieves' Warehouse
    http://flecha.hostrator.com/warehouse/
    By Flecha das Sombras
    Available: Objects by various authors
    Latest addition: not recently
    The link has changed: http://flecha.hostrator.com/warehouse/

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by R Soul
    Are these downloads legal? I have no moral objection to using a few of those textures, but we do have to be careful.
    No idea, really. I guess it's fine to use for non-commercial use, like dromed. And Sensut gave proper credit to Id.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast