TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: I was *this* close to calling some of you filthy liars

I was *this* close to calling some of you filthy liars

I tried and tried and tried to steal that damn Honorblade of Chorrol from the sleeping Countess. The bitch *always* woke up and sicked her guard on me. I have a natural sneak of 100 and 60% Chameleon total CE items. I took a Chameleon potion and used a Chameleon spell to bring the total up to an even 100. I tried many times. I undressed completely just in case my armor affected my sneaking, but the only affect of THAT was the barest smirk when she woke up and busted me.

I was ready to storm in here yesterday and call all of you a bunch of filthy rotten liars, sending us more gullible souls after some mythical Bow Upgrade. Seriously, I had it all typed out with my clicker hovering over the but then I thought I'd try one more time.

So I created a spell to fortify sneak 100 for 2 seconds. Still no luck. I made a potion for 40% Chameleon. So my sneak was at 200 and my Chameleon 140 and I *still* couldn't get the sword. At this point I was glad I hadn't posted my earlier rant only because I had thought of some new, devastating insults in the meantime.

So casting about a bit longer I decided to try fortifying my Agility so I created a Fortify Agility spell 100 points (my natural Agility is 72) and topped it up with a Fortify Luck 100 for good measure.

And I got me a new sword. Now I don't even know why I wanted it. You can't enchant the thing. And when you equip it that ugly accusatory red hand is pasted right there next to it on your screen. Actually I guess I'm glad I have it. I was able to do some inventory remanagement and ended up saving 70 lbs, thanks to the sword.

I'm sorry I ever thought ill of any of you.

Lately I've been testing out spell chaining and stacking stuff described on this page. it's a fun read and I've tried some of it but I don't see any difference. I'm certainly not getting any friggin 12,288 damage. So that nasty rant and horrible insults I wrote for you won't go to waste cause I'm firin' up the email right now.

Any word on what helped you get the blade? Agility or Luck boost? Or just a combination of both?

Quote Originally Posted by RyushiBlade
    Any word on what helped you get the blade? Agility or Luck boost? Or just a combination of both?
    I suspect it was the Agility boost, primarily. But since I didn't test it every which way I can't know for sure (didn't try the Agility boost without the Luck boost, for example). Also, the Agility boost may not work without the Chameleon and Sneak buffs too.

Sorry, I just have no idea. I'm pretty sure I have a savegame still. I can test if you like.

You know, I figured it was just so incredibly low a chance it was gonna require lots of saving and reloading to do it. So I just waited til she fell asleep, "Killed" her, and took in in that small window you can loot a quest important character in between when they wake up from being KOed and when they stand up.

Hm, has anyone tried to test if the Security skill effects how well you can pickpocket? Might be that the game makes a second skill check against it as well when pickpocketing.

Where did you get the Fortify Skill spell?

I am still looking for the Fortify Skill Spell... if you remember where you found it that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatose
    You know, I figured it was just so incredibly low a chance it was gonna require lots of saving and reloading to do it. So I just waited til she fell asleep, "Killed" her, and took in in that small window you can loot a quest important character in between when they wake up from being KOed and when they stand up.
    I tried that too. Must be an awfully small window cause I couldn't pickpocket her at all.

Anyway, I reloaded a save and tried a few combos and Luck didn't have anything to do with it. I have a natural sneak of 100 so I can't gauge how important that is, but I didn't fortify it in anyway and it still worked. This is the magic combination (both are required):

1. Fortify Agility
    2. Chameleon 100%

I did a 4 second Fortify Agility 100 points which probably brought my total up to somewhere above 170. Maybe an even Agility 100 would work too. Perhaps I'll try a custom spell and see if that works if anybody's interested. With potions, enchanted items and scrolls I brought my Chameleon up to 110% actually but I bet 100% works just fine.

So if you're having problems pickpocketing anybody and you have a high Sneak and a high Chameleon, try adding a Fortify Agility to the mix and I bet it'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvidin
    I am still looking for the Fortify Skill Spell... if you remember where you found it that would be great.
    I'm pretty sure I got mine in a Chapel (I remember looking all over for one too, then remembered they sell spells in Chapels). Try Leyawiin.

Quote Originally Posted by Test-0
    Hm, has anyone tried to test if the Security skill effects how well you can pickpocket? Might be that the game makes a second skill check against it as well when pickpocketing.
    Mmm, good point. I have that magical lockpick that boosts my security. That *may* indeed have had an effect on my success. Can it be unequipped? If so I'll test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvidin
    Only available through Abilities and a few Rune Stone Greater Powers.

Vampirism, Gray Prince's Training, Night Mother's Blessing (DB) and The Skeleton Key give it as an Ability.

Rune Stones require a certain amount of Fame+Infamy to activate, with the highest needing 60 or 70 total.

Both ways are good enough for Spellmaking and Enchanting.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by RarRar
    Can it be unequipped? If so I'll test it out.
    Hell yeah, I threw it on the floor of my house when I found out it made my Security skill maxed, and unavailable to level up.