TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming & Abandoned FMs List

Wow...thats a lot of work...This thread and all the upcomming missions. I have belived for a long time and this reinforces said belief that Thief must be the largest single player mod community on the planet. Wooo hoooo !!
    Keep em comming.

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by theImmortalThief View Post
    The work on the missions are actually progressing, even if it's a little slowly, but progressing nonetheless. Could you please change the project status back to "progressing"? Thank you.
    Sure I'll do.

Archivist

Update

- Author's looking for help list added.
    - one author added: RiCh E
    - one author removed: YohnY (Old Tribe)
    - changed the Current status for the following authors: ataricom, madwolf, R Soul, The Watcher, theImmortalThief
    - changed the Estimated release date for the following author: MaJiC@work, The Watcher
    - latest news link for the following authors: bassmanret, demagogue, madwolf, malau, R Soul, SlyFoxx, Spiders, theImmortalThief, Zontik
    - Up for Adoption link for the following author: MaJiC@work
    - fanmission 'House of Random' added to the Earlier released mission(s) list of Schwaa2

Notice the new Author's looking for help list at the start of the thread. It shows which authors are looking for assistance to finish their mission, and the abandoned missions that can be adopted.
    Behind every author/mission mentioned is a link to another page where more information about the mission(s) can be found (except from the author MaJiC@work but that one will soon follow).

Pff...a lot of searching but I think (hope) it's worth it

Archivist

Up for Adoption

Thief 2 missions by MaJiC@work, author of the Contest 2 entry The Wickerman, and Father's Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by MaJiC@work
    I doubt whether I will ever get round to completing Winter
    Harvest or Full Circle, even tho I am well over half way on both of them. I
    will have to see if one of the better mission creators wants to take what I
    have done and finish them off, either along the lines of what I intended or
    using my map to add their own storyline. That way the work will not go to
    waste...do you know if there are any
    T2 FM gurus out there that might like to take on the challenge? I could
    provide them with all the files - the map, skins, storyline, everything. All
    I would ask is a co-credit for the work I've put in.
    The 4 missions he abandoned are Dominion of the Dead, Full Circle, Shadow of Karras, and Winter Harvest.

For more information about these abandoned missions, and several screenshots, visit http://www.mark-cole.co.uk/majic/index.htm, and look under MaJiC's FM Pages on the left side of the page.

Contact MaJiC by email (his current adress can be found in his profile) if you interested in finishing one of them.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 19th Mar 2007 at 11:35. Reason: added Shadow of Karras as abandoned mission

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Pff...a lot of searching but I think (hope) it's worth it
    Ever since you've started this thread, it's been the first place I check when I visit the TTLG Forums. Actually to be honest, checking this thread is the reason for half the times I come here! And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So please do keep up the great job your doing on this thread and rest assured that many, MANY taffers here are very grateful for it.

Phantom, please don't roll your eyes at me, but as you may have noticed in mxleader's thread, I started a nice little Halloween mission that's now late of course, but has already had one round of testing and will be released within a couple of weeks.

Title: Realm of the Bone King
    Release: Nov 06

Also, Saturnine's sequel to The 7th Crystal hasn't been abandoned. See this: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...d=1#post599920

He responded to my pm (in which I praised his FM) saying that he is still (or has resumed) working on it. Exciting news!

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by theImmortalThief View Post
    So please do keep up the great job your doing on this thread and rest assured that many, MANY taffers here are very grateful for it.
    Don't worry, I will .
    That means as long as there's support and I have the time to keep everything up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Phantom, please don't roll your eyes at me, but as you may have noticed in mxleader's thread, I started a nice little Halloween mission that's now late of course, but has already had one round of testing and will be released within a couple of weeks.

Title: Realm of the Bone King
    Release: Nov 06
    Good to know, I was confusing it with the Idol, your other Halloween project. Looks great .
    Now let's see if there's still room in your list of FM's in development

Dia: Yes that's definitely the best news of the week. First Apache returns and now Saturnine!
    Last edited by The Phantom; 10th Nov 2006 at 10:53.

One other thing I noticed that needs correction - Death's Cold Embrace is not completely halted. Moghedian is almost done with a piece that will allow us to continue work when and if Polygon returns to active work. If he doesn't, Moghedian and I are pledged to complete the mission for him, since it's too far developed and too good (I say that with all humility since most of the work is Poly's) not to release it some day.

I'm glad to add some more information about my "Untitled mission" (the 3d part of trilogy).
    Name - The Eternal Candle.
    Progress bar - 5% done.
    But it's too early to speak about release date.

Hey Phantom =)

Yeah, you can take "First Night Out" off the list. It's never goin' anywhere.

Plus, it was TG anyway, not T2 (or did i restart it as a T2? I forget...)

I tried to finish it up as an Alpha and pass it on, but it got hideously unstable... so i restarted, but stopped after only getting half the archetecture redone =(

There's an extraordinarily slim chance i'll revisit it one day, but... yeah, very slim. Nice to be remembered, though =)

Archivist

Update

- 1 author added: Quirk
    - 1 author removed: darthsLair (Gold in Fort Knocks)
    - removed the mission 'Faceless' from Dario's Fm(s) in development
    - screenshot link for the following authors: kfort, Lady Rowena, Troutpack
    - latest news link for the following authors: kfort, Sensut, Troutpack
    - filled in the Current status of the following authors: azrarhn, Troutpack
    - filled in an Estimated release date for the mission of the following author: jesps
    - changed the Estimated release date for the missions of the following author: azrarhn
    Last edited by The Phantom; 8th Dec 2006 at 08:40.

- screenshot link for the following authors: kfort, Lady Rowena, Troutpack
    - latest news link for the following authors: kfort, Sensut, Troutpack
    For a minute there I thought she had come back recently to say she was still working on them...
    I've tested both of these missions, and they're both wonderful and nearly done.

Katie, if you read this - GET 'R DONE!

I'M BACK

It's great to be back it's been about 8 months since the last time i was here.
    I have been at college and also my computer had been stolen so i had to buy a new one plus my FM that i had been working on was on that computer. So i have to start it all over again.
    I had been working on 2 FM's 1 for TG called Dawn Patrol and 1 for T2 called Ketcham Redrum a tribute to The Amityville Horror and The Shining.I will abandon dawn patrol altogether and restart ketcham redrum again lucky i had saved a copy of the custom objects for ketcham redrum. Here were the last screenshots of Ketcham Redrum

So this is the update I will restart Ketcham again after i finish betatesting
    Andys Sisterhood of Azura Pt2, also i just finished playing Half life 2 episode 1
    it will be good getting back to dromed over the christmas break.

cheers
    also thanx to The Phantom for the encouragement .
    Last edited by slipknot; 12th Dec 2006 at 21:03.
    New T2 FM In Progress (Unite The Dead) 98% Completed
    Add me as a friend on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/shanemullan
    Karras (Rust In Peace)

Archivist

Update

- 2 authors added: kamyk, Vlad Midnight
    - 1 author removed: And (Sisterhood of Azura part 2: The House)
    - added the mission 'Mission 5b' to malau's Fm(s) in development
    - removed the mission 'Dawn Patrol' from slipknot's Fm(s) in development
    - removed the mission 'The Folly of Youth part 1: Serendipity' from The_Dude's Fm(s) in development
    - changed sluggs' listed fanmission in development into 'untitled mission'
    - screenshots link for the mission of the following author: malau
    - replaced the screenshots link for the mission of the following author: slipknot
    - latest news link for the missions of the following authors: dyald, slipknot
    - replaced the latest news link for the mission of the following author: sluggs
    - filled in the Current status for the mission of the following author: slipknot
    - changed the Current status for the missions of the following authors: dyald, malau, sluggs, Thief of Dreams
    - filled in the Estimated release date for the missions of the following authors: dyald, mkadlec
    - changed the Estimated release date for the missions of the following authors: malau, sluggs
    - details for the missions of the following authors: malau, sluggs
    - replaced the screenshots link to Morrgan's homepage
    - some fixes / several improvements
    Last edited by The Phantom; 30th Dec 2006 at 11:21.

Archivist

Up for Adoption

A Thief 2 mission by Istvan Varga, author of 'Retrieval of the Soul' and 'Out for Revenge'.

Quote Originally Posted by Istvan Varga
    I planned a sequel to Out for Revenge (there is a partly done level that can be downloaded from here: miss2153.rar), and maybe a "prequel" as well which would have involved breaking from prison, but I did not do much DromEd editing since about the end of 2004. So, the above mentioned incomplete mission is basically abandoned, and I even allowed people to use it as a base of their own FMs. I recently bought T: DS, though, and may have some interest in the Thief games again, but if I do decide to build a level, it is not unlikely that it will be a completely new one, rather than continuing the old map.
    His mission is also stored at the The Thieves' Warehouse (Miss2153)
    Last edited by The Phantom; 2nd Feb 2007 at 08:29. Reason: added mission name behind Thieves' Warehouse link

I just started on A Love Story III and I hope to have it finished by June 1, 2007.

slipknot - USB drives are very cheap now. It makes it easy to backup anything including FM's in the works.

Unfortunately the mission that I was going to release this month is not even close to being done. I have one quarter left at the UW (go Huskies!) and I just have not been able to work on it. Maybe next Christmas.

Archivist
    john9818a: That's good news
    I won't add it to the list yet, it's too early in development. But thanks for informing us.

Archivist

Update

- 1 author added: Edversion
    - 1 author removed: dyald (The Skygem Connection)
    - added the mission 'A Debt Repaid 4.0' to Ottoj55's Fm(s) in development
    - added the mission 'Untitled' to tdbonko's Fm(s) in development
    - removed the missions 'Snobs part 3' and '2 untitled missions' from tdbonko's Fm(s) in development
    - changed DrK's Fm in development 'A Night in Rocksbourg part 3' into 'A Night in Rocksbourg part 3: Ink and dust'
    - changed sterlino's Fm in development 'The Abominable flying machine of Doctor Zepelinger' into 'Thief 2 - the flying age'
    - new screenshots link for the mission of the following author: Ottoj55, Zmey
    - latest news link for the mission of the following author: Caradavin, mxleader, Zontik
    - changed the Current status of the following authors: Caradavin, mxleader, Shadowspawn, SlyFoxx
    - changed the Estimated release date for the mission of the following authors: mxleader, tdbonko
    - details for the mission of the following author: tdbonko
    - added the mission 'The Mask of Agamemnon' to Yandros' earlier missions list
    - added 4 'Other threads about upcoming missions': The i'm building an Fm thread, the waiting list, What are you working on right now? and Starting to lose track...
    Last edited by The Phantom; 1st Jan 2007 at 08:32.

My current missions should include Realm of the Bone King, which should hit Beta 2 within two weeks. All the other ones listed are also still progressing. Moghedian and I are going to turn to DCE after RoBK is released, and I'm also planning a Halloween '07 release for DP2. (Although work won't start on it until sometime next spring.)

Hmm..

Author: Edversion
    Fm(s) in development: Castle of Lord Strainglif (T2?(1))
    Author's earlier mission(s): none
    Current status: progressing (70% complete)
    Estimated release date: januari 2007
    Screenshots: yes
    Forum thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110797(2)
    1) Yes, T2.
    2) And thread in a Poland forum: http://www.thief-forum.ehost.pl/view...t=3824&start=0

My mission is a #23?? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edversion View Post
    My mission is a #23?? Thanks.
    The numbering indicates alphabetical order only. Otherwise, I'd be kind of depressed being fourth from last.

Phantom, you should probably scrub Polygon from the list and leave DCE as a co-production of Moghedian and myself. We've not heard from Poly for over a year and recent attempts to contact him have failed, but we're determined to complete DCE as it's close to done already. I only wish we had recent versions of the other two missions he was also working on, they were both amazing (especially one that would have broken new Dromed ground).

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    The numbering indicates alphabetical order only. Otherwise, I'd be kind of depressed being fourth from last.
    That's right, should be a fair way of arranging the list (instead of by order of fanmission detail or earlier classic missions)

I understand that you and Moghedian would like to finish the mission as soon as possible, Yandros.
    But i'm not going to remove Polygon from being part of DCE production at the moment. He has an important part in creating the mission, in fact he was the one who started the mission if i'm right.
    The last time I had contact with him (june last year) he wrote me an extensive reply about the work he did for Thief. It didn't gave me the impression that he decided to quit with dromed. On the contrary.

But it worries me that he no longer replies to any emails.

About his other two missions, I know which ones you mean.
    Yes that is really some impressive work in case of architecture and design. Let's hope it will be released eventually.
    Last edited by The Phantom; 3rd Jan 2007 at 11:03.

That's perfectly fine. So you heard from him in June? Neither Moghedian nor myself have heard from him since November 2005. Maybe he'll reappear in time to bring his vision to fruition later this year.

About his other two missions, I know which ones you mean.
    Yes that is really some impressive work in case of architecture and design. Let's hope it will be released eventually.
    So he shared some info with you? Moghedian and I have an early version of one of the missions, but of the other we've never seen aught but screenshots. I don't suppose he sent you either of them last June?

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678131823283338 ... LastLast