Wow...thats a lot of work...This thread and all the upcomming missions. I have belived for a long time and this reinforces said belief that Thief must be the largest single player mod community on the planet. Wooo hoooo !!
Keep em comming.
- Author's looking for help list added.
- one author added: RiCh E
- one author removed: YohnY (Old Tribe)
- changed the Current status for the following authors: ataricom, madwolf, R Soul, The Watcher, theImmortalThief
- changed the Estimated release date for the following author: MaJiC@work, The Watcher
- latest news link for the following authors: bassmanret, demagogue, madwolf, malau, R Soul, SlyFoxx, Spiders, theImmortalThief, Zontik
- Up for Adoption link for the following author: MaJiC@work
- fanmission 'House of Random' added to the Earlier released mission(s) list of Schwaa2
Notice the new Author's looking for help list at the start of the thread. It shows which authors are looking for assistance to finish their mission, and the abandoned missions that can be adopted.
Behind every author/mission mentioned is a link to another page where more information about the mission(s) can be found (except from the author MaJiC@work but that one will soon follow).
Pff...a lot of searching but I think (hope) it's worth it
Thief 2 missions by MaJiC@work, author of the Contest 2 entry The Wickerman, and Father's Pride.
The 4 missions he abandoned are Dominion of the Dead, Full Circle, Shadow of Karras, and Winter Harvest.Originally Posted by MaJiC@work
For more information about these abandoned missions, and several screenshots, visit http://www.mark-cole.co.uk/majic/index.htm, and look under MaJiC's FM Pages on the left side of the page.
Contact MaJiC by email (his current adress can be found in his profile) if you interested in finishing one of them.
Last edited by The Phantom; 19th Mar 2007 at 11:35. Reason: added Shadow of Karras as abandoned mission
So please do keep up the great job your doing on this thread and rest assured that many, MANY taffers here are very grateful for it.
Phantom, please don't roll your eyes at me, but as you may have noticed in mxleader's thread, I started a nice little Halloween mission that's now late of course, but has already had one round of testing and will be released within a couple of weeks.
Title: Realm of the Bone King
Release: Nov 06
Also, Saturnine's sequel to The 7th Crystal hasn't been abandoned. See this: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...d=1#post599920
He responded to my pm (in which I praised his FM) saying that he is still (or has resumed) working on it. Exciting news!
That means as long as there's support and I have the time to keep everything up to date.
Now let's see if there's still room in your list of FM's in development
Dia: Yes that's definitely the best news of the week. First Apache returns and now Saturnine!
Last edited by The Phantom; 10th Nov 2006 at 10:53.
One other thing I noticed that needs correction - Death's Cold Embrace is not completely halted. Moghedian is almost done with a piece that will allow us to continue work when and if Polygon returns to active work. If he doesn't, Moghedian and I are pledged to complete the mission for him, since it's too far developed and too good (I say that with all humility since most of the work is Poly's) not to release it some day.
I'm glad to add some more information about my "Untitled mission" (the 3d part of trilogy).
Name - The Eternal Candle.
Progress bar - 5% done.
But it's too early to speak about release date.
Hey Phantom =)
Yeah, you can take "First Night Out" off the list. It's never goin' anywhere.
Plus, it was TG anyway, not T2 (or did i restart it as a T2? I forget...)
I tried to finish it up as an Alpha and pass it on, but it got hideously unstable... so i restarted, but stopped after only getting half the archetecture redone =(
There's an extraordinarily slim chance i'll revisit it one day, but... yeah, very slim. Nice to be remembered, though =)
- 1 author added: Quirk
- 1 author removed: darthsLair (Gold in Fort Knocks)
- removed the mission 'Faceless' from Dario's Fm(s) in development
- screenshot link for the following authors: kfort, Lady Rowena, Troutpack
- latest news link for the following authors: kfort, Sensut, Troutpack
- filled in the Current status of the following authors: azrarhn, Troutpack
- filled in an Estimated release date for the mission of the following author: jesps
- changed the Estimated release date for the missions of the following author: azrarhn
Last edited by The Phantom; 8th Dec 2006 at 08:40.
It's great to be back it's been about 8 months since the last time i was here.
I have been at college and also my computer had been stolen so i had to buy a new one plus my FM that i had been working on was on that computer. So i have to start it all over again.
I had been working on 2 FM's 1 for TG called Dawn Patrol and 1 for T2 called Ketcham Redrum a tribute to The Amityville Horror and The Shining.I will abandon dawn patrol altogether and restart ketcham redrum again lucky i had saved a copy of the custom objects for ketcham redrum. Here were the last screenshots of Ketcham Redrum
So this is the update I will restart Ketcham again after i finish betatesting
Andys Sisterhood of Azura Pt2, also i just finished playing Half life 2 episode 1
it will be good getting back to dromed over the christmas break.
also thanx to The Phantom for the encouragement .
Last edited by slipknot; 12th Dec 2006 at 21:03.
New T2 FM In Progress (Unite The Dead) 98% Completed
Add me as a friend on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/shanemullan
Karras (Rust In Peace)
- 2 authors added: kamyk, Vlad Midnight
- 1 author removed: And (Sisterhood of Azura part 2: The House)
- added the mission 'Mission 5b' to malau's Fm(s) in development
- removed the mission 'Dawn Patrol' from slipknot's Fm(s) in development
- removed the mission 'The Folly of Youth part 1: Serendipity' from The_Dude's Fm(s) in development
- changed sluggs' listed fanmission in development into 'untitled mission'
- screenshots link for the mission of the following author: malau
- replaced the screenshots link for the mission of the following author: slipknot
- latest news link for the missions of the following authors: dyald, slipknot
- replaced the latest news link for the mission of the following author: sluggs
- filled in the Current status for the mission of the following author: slipknot
- changed the Current status for the missions of the following authors: dyald, malau, sluggs, Thief of Dreams
- filled in the Estimated release date for the missions of the following authors: dyald, mkadlec
- changed the Estimated release date for the missions of the following authors: malau, sluggs
- details for the missions of the following authors: malau, sluggs
- replaced the screenshots link to Morrgan's homepage
- some fixes / several improvements
Last edited by The Phantom; 30th Dec 2006 at 11:21.
Last edited by The Phantom; 2nd Feb 2007 at 08:29. Reason: added mission name behind Thieves' Warehouse link
I just started on A Love Story III and I hope to have it finished by June 1, 2007.
slipknot - USB drives are very cheap now. It makes it easy to backup anything including FM's in the works.
Unfortunately the mission that I was going to release this month is not even close to being done. I have one quarter left at the UW (go Huskies!) and I just have not been able to work on it. Maybe next Christmas.
john9818a: That's good news
I won't add it to the list yet, it's too early in development. But thanks for informing us.
- 1 author added: Edversion
- 1 author removed: dyald (The Skygem Connection)
- added the mission 'A Debt Repaid 4.0' to Ottoj55's Fm(s) in development
- added the mission 'Untitled' to tdbonko's Fm(s) in development
- removed the missions 'Snobs part 3' and '2 untitled missions' from tdbonko's Fm(s) in development
- changed DrK's Fm in development 'A Night in Rocksbourg part 3' into 'A Night in Rocksbourg part 3: Ink and dust'
- changed sterlino's Fm in development 'The Abominable flying machine of Doctor Zepelinger' into 'Thief 2 - the flying age'
- new screenshots link for the mission of the following author: Ottoj55, Zmey
- latest news link for the mission of the following author: Caradavin, mxleader, Zontik
- changed the Current status of the following authors: Caradavin, mxleader, Shadowspawn, SlyFoxx
- changed the Estimated release date for the mission of the following authors: mxleader, tdbonko
- details for the mission of the following author: tdbonko
- added the mission 'The Mask of Agamemnon' to Yandros' earlier missions list
- added 4 'Other threads about upcoming missions': The i'm building an Fm thread, the waiting list, What are you working on right now? and Starting to lose track...
Last edited by The Phantom; 1st Jan 2007 at 08:32.
My current missions should include Realm of the Bone King, which should hit Beta 2 within two weeks. All the other ones listed are also still progressing. Moghedian and I are going to turn to DCE after RoBK is released, and I'm also planning a Halloween '07 release for DP2. (Although work won't start on it until sometime next spring.)
2) And thread in a Poland forum: http://www.thief-forum.ehost.pl/view...t=3824&start=0
My mission is a #23?? Thanks.
Phantom, you should probably scrub Polygon from the list and leave DCE as a co-production of Moghedian and myself. We've not heard from Poly for over a year and recent attempts to contact him have failed, but we're determined to complete DCE as it's close to done already. I only wish we had recent versions of the other two missions he was also working on, they were both amazing (especially one that would have broken new Dromed ground).
I understand that you and Moghedian would like to finish the mission as soon as possible, Yandros.
But i'm not going to remove Polygon from being part of DCE production at the moment. He has an important part in creating the mission, in fact he was the one who started the mission if i'm right.
The last time I had contact with him (june last year) he wrote me an extensive reply about the work he did for Thief. It didn't gave me the impression that he decided to quit with dromed. On the contrary.
But it worries me that he no longer replies to any emails.
About his other two missions, I know which ones you mean.
Yes that is really some impressive work in case of architecture and design. Let's hope it will be released eventually.
Last edited by The Phantom; 3rd Jan 2007 at 11:03.
That's perfectly fine. So you heard from him in June? Neither Moghedian nor myself have heard from him since November 2005. Maybe he'll reappear in time to bring his vision to fruition later this year.