TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5101520253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming & Abandoned FMs List

Excellent timing on that dancing.

This looks like being a ..hell.. of a lot of fun!

Little bit of "Carnival Of Souls" going on there. (And love the organist.....)

Archivist

Changelog

of the Upcoming missions list (see FIRST PAGE)

Changes implemented from
    15 April until 5 May 2012

---------------------

One author added:
    - Zappenduster, with the FM 'Reunion With Basso' (for T2)

One author removed:
    - skacky, with the FM 'Shadow Politics' (for TG), due to the FM's release (go to thread)

Added videos link for the missions of the authors: GORT, nicked, Sliptip
    New screenshots for the mission of the authors: Random_Taffer, Tannar and Yandros (The Drymian..)
    Latest news for the missions of the authors: Brethren, GORT, nicked, qolelis (Old Sins..), Random_Taffer, Tannar & Yandros (Drymian..), skacky, Team CoSaS, theImmortalThief (Bane III), Xorak
    Updated the Current status for the missions of the authors: GORT, nicked, Nivellen, Random_Taffer, Tannar & Yandros (Drymian..), skacky, Team CoSaS, theImmortalThief (Bane III), Xorak
    Filled in an Estimated release date for the missions of the authors: Brethren, Team CoSaS, Xorak
    Changed the Estimated release date for the missions of the author: nicked, qolelis (Old Sins..), Random_Taffer, Tannar & Yandros (Drymian..)
    Added details for the mission of the authors: Random_Taffer, Tannar & Yandros (Drymian..)

Color code change for the missions of the authors:
    Brethren (A Mysterious Place) - orange into green
    Nivellen (Untitled) - green into orange
    qolelis (Book of Rose) - orange into red ; (Hunting Season) - orange into red

Thanks for the updates!

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Here is an update on 2 of my fms that I have placed on hold, as Dark is the Lair has to be a campaign style, as it ended up too large: Million cubits(1000x1000x1000 Pathfinding became an issue. It was at over 80 percent complete at that time. It will still have to wait, and I really dont know when I will get back to it. Release unknown,but not abandoned yet.

On Castle of the Dead/The Abyss, It was intended to be a sequel to the original Thief Gold version of "Castle of the Dead". Username suggested campaigning this one with the original. I had planned to remake Castle of the Dead for T2. It will have to remain as unknown date for release, as I am currently working on a Team Project with Pedro. A surprise !

Both of these old projects will have an unknown release date, but will still be on my back burner for future release. Not abandoned yet. That is if my eyeballs dont petrify before then. Coke bottles anyone?

Thanks Phantom !
    Last edited by darthsLair; 25th May 2012 at 14:50.

The Phantom:

You can add me and a "new" project to the list of upcoming FMs. After finishing my contest FM and trying some things out in smaller side-projects, I continued working on my Lost City FM. The development originally started in April 2011.

Name: "Return to the Lost City"
    Game: TMA
    Author: intruder
    Other missions by author: 7 (see this list)
    Progress: 40%
    Screenshots: here and here

upcoming fm, in beta testing in a couple days

Hi Phantom !

Pedro(Cardia1), and myself have made a Team Project fm, and I am gathering testers for it now. Looks like it should see a release in a couple weeks.

"Cathedral of St.Vincent" T2 fm.

Thanks !

Archivist
    Added to the list, darthsLair . Let me know if something I wrote down needs added, removed or updated.

I think now you can add me too to the list. Here are the infos:

Title: Cryptic Realms (but not a final title). Is for Thief II, a black & white mission.

Progress: 60%

Screenshots are HERE

Genre: undead-zombie-skeleton-mummy, crypts, Lost City ...

Story: the Sun loses its colors because of an ancient curse, which was released accidentally by the Keepers from an ancient book of the precursors. Colourless darkness fell upon the world and the dead wake up in the catacombs under the city. The only solution is the Sun-god's magic book hidden somewhere in an isolated tomb in the Lost City. The only way there is through the catacombs...

Release date unknown yet.
    Last edited by Sensut; 18th Jun 2012 at 07:07. Reason: link

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Screenshots are HERE
    Error 502 Bad Gateway

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Error 502 Bad Gateway
    Fixed

Working now. Really beautiful work, Sensut!

Archivist
    Very nice screens Sensut! I admire the torch carry icon on the 2nd screen and love those ghosts dancing on the organ music

I've just added Cryptic Realms to the list.

Hi Phantom, Cathedral of St.Vincent was just released-6/18/2012
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139572

Archivist

Changelog

Changes implemented from
    25 May until 19 June 2012

---------------------

Three authors added:
    - Beltzer, with the FM 'The Reunification' (for T2)
    - cardia1, with the FM 'Cathedral of St.Vincent' (for T2) on 3/6/2012
    - intruder, with the FM 'Return to the Lost City' (for T2)
    - Sensut, with the FM 'Cryptic Realms' (for T2)

One author removed:
    - cardia1, with the FM 'Cathedral of St.Vincent' on 19/6/2012 (for T2), due to the FM's release (go to thread)

Mission added:
    - 'Cathedral of St.Vincent' (T2) to the profile of darthsLair on 3/6/2012

Mission removed:
    - 'Cathedral of St.Vincent' (T2) from darthsLair's profile on 19/6/2012. Reason: mission released! (go to thread)

New screenshots link for the mission of the authors: Random_Taffer, Tannar and Yandros (The Drymian..)
    Latest news for the missions of the authors: darthsLair, nicked, Random_Taffer, Tannar and Yandros (The Drymian..)
    Updated the Current status for the mission of the author: darthsLair (Castle..)

Color code change for the missions of the author:
    darthsLair (Castle of the Dead/The Abyss & Dark is the Lair) - green into orange

---------------------

Four new authors added in just one month, it's a long time since this happened Proof enough that FMs are still doing strong.

Just by way of an update (before The Phantom pokes me, for once )...

Yes, I am still working away slowly (I aten't ded, and all that). I've been trying some things to improve the frame rate in some areas, as there are places where Thief is really struggling to keep up (enough that it can cause problems when AIs are present). At the same time, I've been redoing some of my effects to look a bit better, and trying to decide whether I really want to be clichéd and stick an old keeper installation in the sewers somewhere, and maybe hang a lampshade on it...
    Last edited by The Watcher; 20th Jun 2012 at 10:41.

Archivist

Changelog

Changes implemented from
    25 June until 18 July 2012

---------------------

One author added:
    - skacky, with the FM 'Between These Dark Walls' (for T1/TG)

New screenshots link for the missions of the author: Eternauta
    Latest news for the missions of the authors: DrK, Eternauta, GORT, The Watcher (Xavier's..), Zappenduster
    Updated the Current status for the missions of the authors: DrK, Eternauta, The Watcher (Xavier's..), Wille
    Changed the Estimated release date for the mission of the author: Zappenduster

---------------------

Announcement
    Info about the following FMs is due to be removed from the upcoming list in the coming months (save for an update by the author):

- Lord Maguire Estate Part 2 by Caradavin (latest news 23 May 2011);
    - Untitled mission (sequel to The Skygem Connection) by dyald (last news 2 June 2011);
    - The Best FM by jericho (last news: 20 June 2011);
    - Untitled mission by Nivellen (last news: 6 April 2011);
    - Mystic Gems Part 3 by Wille (last news: 13 June 2011).

Want to enrol your upcoming FM? Refer to this post for details.

Woah, talk about a slow year for FMs. I can only find 9 new FMs (or campaigns) released for the dark engine. Not really a bad thing, just a little surprising.

I agree it's not a bad thing, since most of the released ones have been extremely good. Plus we might have Rocksbourg and CoSaS releases this year. And then we have the Halloween contest, with DrK among others involved. I'd take this year over many others any day of the week.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Okay, apparently KOMAG is back and my previous number was in error. There is actually 12 missions/campaigns so far this year totaling 18 missions, so really pretty decent half year especially with the Dark Mod having been established as a major "engine" for new FMs.

And there is one more mission for sure which should be released before the end of summer. And then the Halloween contest...

OK, I'm back to Ed after a little pause and here is a small preview from my upcoming b&w FM. I hope this year I can finish it. In fact the mission is almost ready for beta, the texts and some fine tunning is remained which is the least after all since I touched the first cell limit

******** width="640" height="360">

Interesting. I'm curious, how did you make it black and white? Did you go in and painstakingly recreate each texture in a black and white format, or did you use something else?

All the terrain textures can be converted just by making the full.pcx greyscale in each family. Object and mesh textures which use the default Thief palette can also be all converted just by doing the same to the default palette. The rest require converting textures.

Ah, thanks yandros for the informative post.

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5101520253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast