TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 485358636873788388939495969798
Results 2,426 to 2,446 of 2446

Thread: Thief 1/2 & SShock 2: DDFix and Enhanced Resolution Patch - discussion

You could use tafferpatcher, but if you want to troubleshoot with what you got, check your cam.cfg for the resolution and report back. Also, check ddfix.ini to see if there's gwidth or gheight

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    You could use tafferpatcher, but if you want to troubleshoot with what you got, check your cam.cfg for the resolution and report back. Also, check ddfix.ini to see if there's gwidth or gheight
    Okay, my cam.cfg is correct (the resolution there is 1024x768, just like what I set), but in ddfix.ini, the two mentioned words are not present (gwidth, gheight).

Good, you don't want those in ddfix.ini

Don't really know what to tell you... But for my thief2.exe I have set in compatibility options Disable desktop composition and Disable display scaling on high dpi settings

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Good, you don't want those in ddfix.ini

Don't really know what to tell you... But for my thief2.exe I have set in compatibility options Disable desktop composition and Disable display scaling on high dpi settings
    How to set those?

Also, the only problem is the flashing menu. If I try it really hard, I can move the cursor to the right place and begin a game - the game runs well. But clicking in the menu is a pain in the a_s this way. Is it possible to set some value in the ddfix.ini file to solve this?
    Last edited by ticky; 28th May 2012 at 05:55.

I'm not sure what causes that. You said your res was 1024 x 768, so the game is running at a valid res.

To set the compatibility things i said, in windows go to your thief 2 folder and right click on thief2.exe> Properties > then Compatibility tab.

Oops, my bad. You're on windows xp, I thought you were on windows 7. Sorry. You probably should just go ahead and try tafferpatcher, but I won't be able to help you with that so you should post in the tafferpatcher thread.

Okay, I am trying to get this installed on a Win7 system. I'm installing the Thief Complete Collection put out by Mastertronics. I have run ddfix_1.5.11.zip, DDFix-Thief2.zip, and DarkWidescreen-v6r3.zip in that order. Each time I get to play less and less T2. Now its telling me that I do not have DirectX7 or higher installed. In Nameless Voice's DDFix and Enhanced Resolution Patch (including widescreen support) thread, it says that this occurs when ddfix.dll is missing due to ddfix_1.5.11.zip not being installed. I'm confused and heartbroken. I'm sure there is a solution right?

You've installed ddfix to the root directory of thief, correct? You're using a prepatched exe, correct? That message doesn't make sense if you've installed ddfix properly.

Try setting thief 2 to windows xp sp2 compatibility.

TTLG Server Goddess
    No, I have not read the 100 pages of this thread to find my answer... sue me, I'm lazy.

I'm trying to run Thief on Windows 7...

I have followed the instructions on the DDFix and Enhanced Resolution Patch (including widescreen support) page. Installed DDFix & patched exe files to Thief gold & Thief II directories, ran the widescreen patch... When I run either Thief or Thief2: NOTHING happens. Task manager shows the processes running (thief.exe or thief2.exe), but that's it. The only thing I can get to happen is if I use compatibility mode, I get a DirectX 7 error.

Any kind soul care to point me to what I should do next?

Administrator
    Hmmm.... it might be that we want to replace that thread now that there are better alternatives. For Thief 1 or Thief Gold grab the TFix patch, run the installer and point it to the directory on your hard drive where Thief is installed. You can choose which mods to install but personally I just go with all of them.

For Thief 2, grab Tafferpatcher. Again, run the installer and point it to your Thief 2 directory on your hard drive.

You shouldn't need to enable compatibility mode for either game. The only setting that both need is to run as administrator and both of the above patches enable it as well as including ddfix and ensuring that the games only run on a single CPU core.

Videos may be a problem even after installing the above - the simplest solution is normally to start a command prompt in administrator mode run "regsvr32 c:\windows\SysWOW64\ir50_32.dll" if you're using 64 bit Windows 7, or "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\ir50_32.dll" if you're using 32 bit Windows 7.

TTLG Server Goddess
    Thanks Al! Downloading Tafferpatcher now... it's going veeerrryy slooowwly.

TTLG Server Goddess
    (sigh) okay, got the TFix installed, but when I ran Tafferpatcher I get this:

tpatcher-error..jpg

And the TFix made Thief Gold run, but if I click to skip the video the game stops working. And the widescreen patch makes it not work at all.

(whimper)

I dunno if re-installing Thief II with Tafferpatcher will make a difference, but damned if I know where my Thief discs are!

Zombified
    had a similar error with Tafferpatcher once, and making a clean install of T2 has fixed it. as for TFix not working, it can be a million of things - your full system specs would be helpful.

TTLG Server Goddess
    The PC I've been trying to run it on is my laptop:

Toshiba Satellite L775D-S7132
    Windows 7 Premium (SP1) (64-bit)
    AMD A6-3420 M
    8 GB RAM
    Raedon 6520G HD graphics 1.50 GHz

Haven't tried it on my desktop PC

I'm going to have to find my Thief install discs... Lord knows where they are after my move. And I'm not opening my still-sealed copy of Thief Gold (in the trapezoid box).

I can't seem to get Anisotropic filtering working. I have it set to =1 in ddfix, in the Nvidia control panel I have it set to 16x and tried 8x, they look the same.

Anisotropic 8x

Anisotropic 16x

ddfix sets it to x16 anyway, so setting it to something else in the driver might not have any effect unless it's forced.

Quote Originally Posted by jermi View Post
    ddfix sets it to x16 anyway, so setting it to something else in the driver might not have any effect unless it's forced.
    Yeah I'm forcing it in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Windows 8 issues..

I just Bought Windows 8 Pro:

I used to play Thief II with DDFIX on Windows 7 64bit with no issues, all ran ok. I have a thief2 folder with all fixes to run on windows7, but after installing windows 8 x64.... I ran Thief2 from the same folder... and the game started like always.. except that in the thief2 menus the cursor moves very slow... it follow the mouse movements, but very slow, When I load some mission, the game plays ok, but at a lower framerate... It's playable, but not precise. It never shows an error or quit to desktop, but the frame rate is a pain.

It would be great if just a single file is the culprit. Cheers

Zombified
    DDFix is discontinued. make a new, fresh install of T2 and use the latest Tafferpatcher.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    DDFix is discontinued. make a new, fresh install of T2 and use the latest Tafferpatcher.
    That seems pretty old to me (2010). Could you tell that tafferpatcher works on Windows 8???

I used that and the game ran worst. Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by caqo; 30th Jan 2013 at 05:23.

Zombified
    the latest version has been released in November 2012 (TafferPatcher_TMA_207_beta). use that, and everything should work fine.

Wow, didn't knew that, Installed and working perfect.

Thanks

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 485358636873788388939495969798