TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 30 of 232 FirstFirst ... 51015202526272829303132333435404550556065707580130 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

I'm scripting the final cutscene for DP2. When it's done, I'll be ready to do my testing, packaging and sending out Beta 1. FINALLY!

ZylonBane
    (squeals like a little girl)

Recently I'm working on a improvement for my earlier Dracula campaign (rescripted with new scenes, new skins, new textures, most of parts rebuilt and enlarged), before I continue and finish the Bathory series and my Dromed career . I managed to unite the two campaigns, titled by Carpathian Tales volume 1 and 2. For example I installed it today a superb BAT model by Nameless Voice. I did not see yet this model in FMs, it's one of the most realistic models for Thief.

Try it!

The Architect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    and finish ... my Dromed career
    DO NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    DO NOT!

I did not believe this otherwise from myself.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    absolutely amazing.

I figured I'd add my two cents to the discussion. I'm ressurecting a mission sequence that I posted back in 2003 after reading a PM i received on my birthday but only read a few days ago in which the above mentioned person asked me if I was ever gonna release the mission. That having been said (if any of that even made any sense) I'm working on a epilogue to the mission pack as I tend to be a flake and I figured if I just started with something small worked it all the way through and then released it in good working order I would be better prepared to tackle my other mission (which is a bit bigger). For posterity here is the link to the old forum thread if you care to read the description. I was actually to read it and wondered how I had come up with the storyline.

As far as the current mission goes its a sewer mission, its inspired by the oblivion sewer system and some ideas I got while running around in the sewers in the imperial city. HOPEFULLY I'll complete it and release it. Not much to show as far as screenshots go and I can't figure out how to screenshot in dromed anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    absolutely amazing.
    It's certainly a great effect. My guess is that he frobs a button linked to a SoundTrap after each knocking motion.

ZylonBane
    Really? I figured he'd just hooked into the same mechanism that generates footstep sounds.

My guess would be just a carefully timed and well-spaced sample.

Yes, it's just a well timed sound. I actually opened the motion in the editor and used the frame numbers to determine the gap between the first and second knock.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Really? I figured he'd just hooked into the same mechanism that generates footstep sounds.
    That did occur to me. Using the motion editor I can see how left/right footfalls are declared, but to be honest I couldn't be bothered figuring out how to make my own triggers when I already knew about SoundTraps. But that was on Thursday. Sunday is another day entirely!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatching-a-plan View Post
    For posterity here is the link to the old forum thread if you care to read the description.
    What happened to the link?

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Well after you made it sound easy I couldn't just let it go.

I found this and did something similar with the knocking motion. But it wasn't Trigger 6. I found that each knock required the Trigger 7 flag followed by Trigger 8 in the next frame.

Very much work in progress, but it's slowly getting there...

The Architect
    You've got a real nack for this, The Watcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    You've got a real nack for this, The Watcher.
    I'd second that, you've also got a nice website which is a real plus when viewing your work.
    The King of Scrapped and Forgotten Projects.

"IN THE FACE!!"

Something that people might, perhaps, be interested in...

It has a vhot for light inside, so the eyes, nose and mouth cast light properly (there's also a vhot for particles from the candle, but I haven't fiddled adding them yet)

That pumpkin is 390 polys. I'll probably make another two or three, as I'll need them in a couple of places in Shadowed Mayfield.

Reminds me of Autumn in Lampfire Hills.

I could probably find a place for the pumpkin in DP2. When do you plan on releasing it? I'm aiming at releasing on Halloween.

And then there were three:

Left to right: 390 polys, 394 polys, 439 polys. The middle one is a shameless and unrepentant nod to the Ogre cyclops pumpkin from WoW.

Still deciding to either continue working on my Lighthouse FM with a limited Dromed, or trying my hand with Quest3D used to make Ship Simulator and The Endless Forest where I hang out these days, and mod it's forums

Edit: Scrap Quest3D. Have you seen the price of it? *glomp*
    Last edited by Sluggs; 21st Oct 2008 at 03:29.

lighthouse, lighthouse, lighthouse......

The lighthouse is cool, but working with Quest3D honestly looks cool too if it's offbeat landscaping and architectural stuff you want to do, admittedly not dromed's strength.

You might get the lighthouse out as a demo, or simple mission, since it looks sort of "non-traditional" anyway, although it's all the better if you can finish it off as a full mission ... It will certainly be welcome because there are few missions like it, and will be very memorable for that. I know I really want to see it in action.

If you really want to expand your modding horizons, though, I think the Doom 3 engine will let you really spread your wings, especially when it goes open source soon ... By that point, it might become the best engine for building there is for a while. And with the Darkmod it will be attached to some great gameplay, and a guaranteed large & appreciative audience. So I hope you'll jump on the bandwagon with us.

And you can still always whip out a quickie Bestest mission mission in dromed if you get so inspired.
    Last edited by demagogue; 21st Oct 2008 at 03:06.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    And then there were three:

Left to right: 390 polys, 394 polys, 439 polys. The middle one is a shameless and unrepentant nod to the Ogre cyclops pumpkin from WoW.
    Those are all from WoW aren't they?

Nopes, from-scratch built (I can even let you have the ligtwave files). The ones from WoW inspired me, especially for the middle one, but I made them.

Page 30 of 232 FirstFirst ... 51015202526272829303132333435404550556065707580130 ... LastLast