TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 228 FirstFirst 12345678910152025303540455055105 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Why so many saves? When I have enough time, I work only a hour per day on my mission and every new day I save under a new name. This is enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose.MH View Post
    Why so many saves? When I have enough time, I work only a hour per day on my mission and every new day I save under a new name. This is enough for me.
    This weekend I managed to duplicate all the brushes on one of the floors of my mission. Some of you may be aware of how this can happen if you're using a multi-brush. In this case I wasn't. I've never seen it happen like that before, but boy was I glad when I realized I had saved a different version from just before it happened. I'm sure other authors have similar horror stories. . .

One save an hour is generally safe. Of course, sometimes you introduce a major problem and don't learn about it for three months...

I will not open dromed again. I will not open dromed again. I will not open dromed again. I will not open dromed again. I will not open dromed again...

That's what I kept telling myself!

Quote Originally Posted by ataricom View Post
    Anyway, particles!! I'm attempting to make more realistic waterfalls via particles.
    Offhand, does anyone know the palette number for a darker bluish-green?
    My advice: don't use Thief's built-in 'single coloured disc' particles for anything in you can help it. TGAs all the way.
    Feel free to steal my water particles from The Temple of the Tides if they are of any use to you.

I used to just back up the .mis file every now and then, generally before a major change, but these days I seem to have fallen into the 'different name for every save' trap. Even so, I'm obviously not very good at it; only at save 387 in 8 solid DromEd days.

Why so many saves?
    My frequency of saves is a little different. Whenever I first start dromed for the day, my first save of the day will always be a new file name. I save both before and after doing something major so that I won't be saving over a known good save, and I review the mission to make sure everything still works as planned.

The mission I'm working on now is a break from prison type mission. It begins with a rather long camvator sequence through some pretty tight spaces. It's been a challenge to make sure the player doesn't collide with any solid terrain. If so then dromed/thief locks up requiring a cold boot. I'm also having to synchronize it with moving AI following a similar path.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    sometimes you introduce a major problem and don't learn about it for three months...
    Such is my paranoia, I like to save, optimize (not just portalize anymore), then re-save each time, to confirm that everything is still kosher, and if there is a problem, you catch it right away. Also, after hearing stories about darkloader woes, I also tend to periodically put everything into a zip and open it through darkloader, starting from as early on as I can, again to confirm it's all still in working order.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    The Temple of the Tides
    I can't find this anywhere...
    <xhtml><eat id="mouth">potato</eat></xhtml>

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Castle of the Dead Thief Gold FM

Screen Shot:http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...02814206scKYqH

Just starting the City that will surround the Castle. I had to use LightBright
    to illuminate anything outside the Castle.

I am guessing that this mission will have an abandoned castle, because the buildings in the background appear to be taller than the castle.

My 2nd run-up it seems that working I was putting in a partition wall to the court and this decreased the polys with 70%. But the essence is, that was not damaging my plan And my mood come back.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010

Hi John9818a

You observed correctly, John! The Castle Once A Royal Fortress designed
    to defend it's King, was abandoned, and then restored to a Royal Family,
    a descendant of the King: Sir Freddie M and His Servants from Derigan had
    reconstructed it to form more of a Chateau.

The Castle has an awesome history and
    spoiler:
    May even contain a few spooks.

The Architect
    ataricom,

You know, someone made falling water in the source engine for half life 2 a year or so back. Have you been using it for reference? It was quite well done.

I did not know that. Lemme see if I can find it, but I don't currently have Steam installed (never reinstalled it after fixing XP).

edit: I just saw the YouTube video of it. Holy crap that's cool.
    Last edited by ataricom; 8th Jan 2008 at 13:04.

Fantastic! Now that's something modding is good for. Mod the world, I say. It's better off with us than out there with them, anyway.

The Architect
    Cool board game posts have been moved here.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119151

Archivist
    Quote Originally Posted by redface View Post
    I will not open dromed again. I will not open dromed again. I will not open dromed again. I will not open dromed again. I will not open dromed again...
    Don't fight it

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

I'm working for two years on a series of five missions, entitled " The black frog ".
    Today, I see finally the end of the tunnel. It remains only to make some books, parchments, the objectives and the movies.
    I also have to refine the last mission and my fms will be finally ready for a beta-test.

It is just too good! I can't wait
    Five missions.. with such mystifying title..

WOW!!! I can't wait too!

A 5-mission campaign from Gaetane? I'll be in heaven the day that's released!

I'm glad to hear you're still working on that one Gaetane! You once posted a link to your website that had some incredible screenshots - are those still valid? If so could you post a link?

It still blows me away to see people working on multi-mission campaigns. One at a time is enough for me!!

Page 5 of 228 FirstFirst 12345678910152025303540455055105 ... LastLast