TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

if you use an object for that construction, also think about the physics.

Yeah, I considered using an object, but I'm not sure which is worse - texture problems, or floating-in-space-rope-arrow-syndrome.

I may have found another solution that uses only two more brushes though...

Found a cool texture, so I made it into a golden chalice.

that is f*** awesome Larry !

I never did much like the BigLiquidTank, so inspired by this picture, I threw these together...

Me like!

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    I never did much like the BigLiquidTank, so inspired by this picture, I threw these together...
    Nice, but tanks that size would be built from long single staves, not little stacked staves. Using a single top-to bottom texture would also make it easy for you to add some shadowing and/or rust under the rings.

For really huge wooden barrels that are too large to constuct from single staves, they stagger them like so:
    http://mesohoppy.dogfish.com/files/i...n_barrel_2.jpg

That's part of what I was working on in the last couple of days.

Those interested in playing the city shall contact me via PM.

I have to be frank, Karras, that looks just about Thief 3-quality.

Meaning, it looks utterly fantastic, and I am jealous.

Classical Master 2008
    Now to simulate loot glint with a nice particle effect!

Yeah, that does look good, C.o. Karras. It's amazing what custom textures can do. Really improves the graphics.
    Just one little nitpick - see if you can make those arches and columns look rounder and smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Now to simulate loot glint with a nice particle effect!
    Please NO!

Oh, and a new amphora is in the works ...

Last edited by LarryG; 15th Oct 2009 at 00:15.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Man, looks great , those paintings too... are they made by you?

jtr7
    I assume the texture files are made by him but certainly not the paintings used.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...sance-faces.do

http://images.google.com/images?gbv=...=&aqi=&start=0

Correct. The paintings are by Giuseppe Arcimboldo. The picture objects are by LGS. But the textures (frames and art) are by me.

Oh. You are also seeing a bit (no pun intended) of Saturn Devouring One of His Children by Francisco de Goya y Lucientes in the earlier posting of the chalice. They are all from my Art Package.
    Last edited by LarryG; 15th Oct 2009 at 12:56.

Classical Master 2008
    Welllll, my recent attempt to build a highly vertical cavern/mine mission crashed and burned in short order. Building natural-looking environments requires a lot of oddly-shaped and overlapping brushes, and it screws up the visual brush list to the extent that I can't parse it anymore. Back to man-made stuff, I guess.

Try some of sluggs terrain objects, they can really do great things for fewer polys. Also you can use 'rough' rock textures to help make flat surfaces look more natural to the eye.

I'm helping test and getting Rose Cottage finished in time for Halloween - it looks good at this point. Also, I'm still working on the chapel/graveyard base for DCE.

I've just about finished my previous co-authored project, and it looks like I'll be starting another.

Sure, it's not as glorified as making my own mission all the way through from scratch, but I've found helping out to be very fun and satisfying.

UPDATE: Things are pretty much packaged and ready to go. Granted, I'm not completely satisfied with everything, but overall, I think it's pretty much finished and more or less right. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm giving up or slacking, but rather that I could fiddle with it for months yet, but the author and I need to draw the line somewhere. I hope to hear a lot of feedback soon.

Thanks to everyone of the Editor's Guild for making it possible. If it wasn't for you guys, I'd have given up out of puzzled frustration months ago.
    Last edited by scarykitties; 15th Oct 2009 at 18:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I'm helping test and getting Rose Cottage finished in time for Halloween - it looks good at this point. Also, I'm still working on the chapel/graveyard base for DCE.
    Hey that's great news! I had it in my head that Rose Cottage was going to be a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I'm helping test and getting Rose Cottage finished in time for Halloween - it looks good at this point.
    Awesomeness. Good luck with getting it out for Halloween

And I am progressing well with my second mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliptip View Post
    Hey that's great news! I had it in my head that Rose Cottage was going to be a while yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Awesomeness. Good luck with getting it out for Halloween
    Yep, Saturnine worked his backside off the last 3-4 months and it will show. You guys will flip when you see this thing.

Tonight I've been trying to create my first osm-file. After a few hours of hairpulling I finally managed to at least compile the provided demo-files. I still can't load the resulting osm-file in DromEd, though.

My morning paper arrived an hour ago, so it's time to go to bed now Hopefully I can find what's wrong after sleeping on it.

What IDE are you using?

Page 80 of 222 FirstFirst ... 30354045505560657075767778798081828384859095100105110115120125130180 ... LastLast