TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: DDFix and Enhanced Resolution Patch (including widescreen support)

Ah maybe this is worth mentioning: You also get that DirectDraw7-error-message followed by a T2-crash, when you are running the executable in compability-mode, although everything is setup correctly and in place. Took me quite some time to figure this one out. Tested on Windows 7 x64 professional.

The GUI app doesn't seem to work on XP 64 (for me at least).

I immediately got the SEND TO MICROSOFT error reporting program comes up
    The error being:-

EventType: clr20r3 P1: ddfixgui.exe P2: 1.3.11.0 P3: 483d5b4f
    P4: ddfixgui.exe P5: 1.3.11.0 P6: 483d5b4f P7: f P8: db
    P9: system.badimageformatexception

EDIT - I got it done by using the MANUAL METHOD.

However the Widescreen patch doesn't want to work for me.
    DDFIX put's me in 1920x1080 (the CFG and INI file resolutions match and I installed it AFTER DDFIX), however the gamescreen is still in 4:3 aspect.

In the game proper (not the menus) I just get a quick flash of game, then garbled colours and then the Microsoft Error Reporting program again (!)

EDIT AGAIN:-

Uninistalled the WS Patch, still crashes to desktop after displaying neon game textures (you know, like in Dromed without that 16bit line you have to add to one of the INIs).
    I dunno why I am bothering, I have Far Cry 2, and the 2 Crysis games to play, but still I have wasted 3 hours trying to get T2 to work :-)
    Last edited by vecuccio; 21st Nov 2009 at 08:12.

thanks for the help but i didnt understand what you mean by ''open with hex''..
    its written in one of the ''readme'' files

Quote Originally Posted by guy922 View Post
    thanks for the help but i didnt understand what you mean by ''open with hex''..
    its written in one of the ''readme'' files
    Definition of Hex Editor on Wikipedia.

If you don't know what a hex editor is, you might be better off to use one of the pre-patched .exes instead. (I'd recommend that anyway, it's easier no matter which way you look at it.)

Widescreen patch refuses to install. Suggestions?

WideScreenError.jpg

Update: got it to install, but it crashes DromEd when I exit game mode back to edit mode so I have removed it. I'll try it on my Thief missions only folder and see if it works properly without the overhead of Dromed.
    Last edited by LarryG; 3rd Dec 2009 at 16:28.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Update: got it to install, but it crashes DromEd when I exit game mode back to edit mode so I have removed it. I'll try it on my Thief missions only folder and see if it works properly without the overhead of Dromed.
    Im sure either NV or someone else who uses dromed will be along soon..

I installed this patch for Thief Gold and so far so good my other post got deleted and I don't know why but I'll let you know if I have anymore problems, thank you for the patch..

I just installed the DDFix patch \o/ No more seaweed shadows. Thanks Sliptip, SiO2, and everyone else who contributed to this.

Hmm a thing to add to the cannot get this to work thing speaking of the widescreen thing.

Add into the text somewhere that you need to make sure that you add to the files that is going to be messed with with the widescreen solution also needs to be flagged as by the user so you can both read and write into the file for windows vista at least, took me quite a while to figure out why it would not update to widescreen format 1920x1200 for thief 2 the metal age and the answer was to grant rights to the user, would be helpfull for others to know this as well under problems or with the guide in how to install the stuff (eg. Thief2.exe rightclick on it select attributes/options click security and from there add the rights needed by editing it, that way way the widescreen thing actually works out).

For Thief 2 the metal age there is a problem with the DDFIX thing in a way it would not like to patch into the better stuff... put in somewhere that you need to install the Thief 2 2.18 PREMIERE patch for it and not the standard 2.18 patch, I think it is mentioned by the circle site that they are not really sure on the difference but the difference is as for what I have found out that in the hex editor with teh standard version does not include the DDRAW.DLL location in it, the premiere patch includes it as it is

Anyhow would be a nice thing to add these things to troubleshooting or as a note for installation instructions, merely because there is alot of people out there that ask many stupid questions and one way to avoid it is to guard against it.

Edit:
    Some of the solutions might work with other games that these patches and upgrades cover as well, at least I know it works out for Thief the dark project as well as the metal age, so basically just a heads up to the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Thanks Sliptip, SiO2, and everyone else who contributed to this.
    Wait, Sliptip? I think you mean Timeslip.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    Wait, Sliptip? I think you mean Timeslip.
    he meant Si02, as he has been developing since 1.3.11 with Timeslip's permission etc.. we are now upto 1.44 beta atm.

I've uploaded the various files to my FTP space and can mirror them.

Here are the links:

http://njol.mnsi.net/DarkEngineMods/

Guys, where is 64 bit version? Why i can't download it from first message? Link it not working.

there a link to it in the thread above this one, there is also a link on the 1st post of my thread...
    Last edited by bikerdude; 7th Mar 2010 at 06:56.

(I already fixed the link in the first post, by the way.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    (I already fixed the link in the first post, by the way.)
    Whats going on with the ttlg links atm? is Dave reorganizing ..?

DDFix 1.4.5 for T2skies

New DDFix (1.4.5) here:
    http://sio2.g0dsoft.com/ddfix_1.4.5.zip

This version of DDFix has support for t2skies. The t2skies.ini file (designed to live in the same folder as ddfix.ini) is read by DDFix and if "Enable" is set to 1 in the [DDFix] section then the LOTPFogFix is enabled internally. With this DDFix version you don't need to modify ddfix.ini for T2Skies.

A sample t2skies.ini is included in the zip file for Fan Mission authors. This can be included in the FM zip file to automatically get DDFix 1.4.5 and t2skies to play nice together.

Thief2 Skies (by jermi) thread.

Si02 your domain/site has been unconnectable for me for months now (since i first noticed the beta of ddfix linked). Is it just me with this problem?

Thankyou Aluminumhaste for the mirror! i finally have beta 1.4.4 !

Version 1.4.5 makes fog work on my MacBook (Intel GMA 945). Thank you, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Child Of Karras View Post
    Version 1.4.5 makes fog work on my MacBook (Intel GMA 945). Thank you, guys!
    Yay!

Timeslip deserves 95% of the praise for making DDFix in the first place. It did take me three months of perseverance to fix fog properly though.

Hi, I'm having a lot of trouble getting Thief Gold to run with these mods.

I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit with a Core 2 Duo and Nvidia GeForce 7300. My copy of Thief Gold is from the Thief Collection pack.

These are the exact steps I've been doing:
    1. Install Thief Gold (full installation)
    2. Run game, click on options from main menu, quit (to populate cam.cfg file)
    3. Copy files ddfix.dll and ddfix.ini into my Thief installation folder
    4. Replace Thief.exe with prepatched DDFix Thief Gold executable
    5. Extract DarkWidescreen-v6r3.zip into Thief installation folder, run DarkWidescreen.bat to patch game successfully to 1280x800, 100% FOV
    6. Edit ddfix.ini to set gWidth=1280 and gHeight=800

Now running the game, as soon I New Game->Start training mission the game instantly crashes. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried running Thief.exe in XP compatibility mode and as administrator but it makes no difference. Using the ddfxgui.exe to patch, or manually hex editing the original exe is also pointless as then DarkWidescreen.bat doesn't believe the Thief.exe is the correct file size so it won't patch. The only way I can get widescreen to patch is grabbing the prepatched ddfix exe.

Help would be appreciated, this is very frustrating

EDIT: It seems like the Thief 1 from the Complete Pack does not work with ddfix. Only the regular 2 cd gold edition works. Oh well, things are running smoothly now.
    Last edited by 59200; 14th May 2010 at 00:51.

DDfix 1.1.1

I thought I would post here that I've re-uploaded ddfix 1.1.1, as someone asked me for it, and I thought I'd keep it there in case anyone else still wants and / or needs a copy.

DDFIX 1.1.1 - uses directx9

@59200 Have you checked to make sure that your resolution is correctly marked in cam.cfg? Wait, "things are running smoothly now." Do explain.
    My Thief FM Website
    "Those pies had enough grease to drop a Burrick!"

Thanks for the DDFix 1.1.1 file! The game works fine now for me. Another question though, is there any way for me to use the Widescreen Patch or T2Skies wtihout DDFix 1.4.5? I've tried multiple ways and any unusual resolutions crash for me. I'm aiming for 1280x720, as I'm playing on an HDTV. They worked fine under DDFix 1.4.5(of course my problem was still slowdowns as I have the Radeon HD2400 pro, thus my need to use 1.1.1)

Edit to add, this is on WinXP, if it matters.

Hmm.. unless you did something wrong i don't see why widescreen won't work.. Unless 1.1.1 isn't supported by the widescreen patch.

t2skies uses texture replacement and therefore requires ddfix 1.3 or later. No way around that, except to turn the textures into low-resolution TGAs, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.