TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: High Res Texture packs

High Res Texture packs

I downloaded a bunch of texture packs for Thief 2;

http://thief.washboardabs.net/textures/

but haven't been able to find any for Thief TDP/Gold.

Any suggestions?

Not sure this fits in this forum, but anyway... Check here

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Thief_gotcha's packs are the best for T2.

The high res version requires DDfix.

I recommend using both simultaneously, refer back to my instructions from the other thread on how resname_base works. T2 uses darkinst.cfg (back this up beforehand), rather than install.cfg.

Here's mine to give you an idea:-
    resname_base .\NTEXdds+.\EP+.\NTEX+.\res\patch+.\res

The assets added by the v1.18 patch aren't optimised properly for mods by default, such as EP.
    1. Grab mesh.crf, obj.crf, snd.crf, strings.crf from your main T2 directory, in create a sub-directory to store them in, such as 'patch'.
    2. Add the new subdirectory to resname_base line. So that it overrides 'res', but not any of the mods. (As I've done in my example)

Those are nice and all, but just looking at the pictures turns me away... The problem is that with the new high res textures, they don't look like the originals... And you lose the feel of the game with different looking textures... At least that's how I feel, and I know I'm not the only one.

Thanks for the posts guys, I will get them all once I start playing Thief 2 again.

But right now I'm playing Thief 1, and the textures on those sites do not work for it.

Any links for Thief Dark project texture packs?

Thief Gold Texture Patch (Hardware Version) - 5.32 Megs - readme.txt
    This patch will replace your Thief Gold textures with updated ones from Thief 2. Made by Orgy.
    Thief Gold Texture Patch (Software Version) - 2.86 Megs - readme.txt
    This patch will replace your Thief Gold textures with updated ones from Thief 2. Made by Orgy.

[Link]