TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Problem Running Thief DP Gold

Problem Running Thief DP Gold

This may be a stupid question as i know very little about this sort of thing but when i run the setup.exe application and the game begins to install an error message pops up that reads :

this product cannot be installed on Windows NT due to a microsoft directX(tm) limitation

is there anything i can due?

Yeah.
    Ok when i go to view ThiefGold_CD1 there's a file called setup.exe. It loads for a second in WinRAR and then the title screen pops up with a option to install. Shortly after the error message pops up (doesn't look like the one in the FAQ) and it shuts down. Also tried typing in the setup-exe-lgntforce which had no effect on anything. Im sure its something stupid im missing here.

Quote Originally Posted by howematt67 View Post
    Yeah.
    Also tried typing in the setup-exe-lgntforce which had no effect on anything.
    It's actually d:\setup.exe -lgntforce. You should copy the command from here and paste it, instead of typing it in, if that's what you did.

Ok when i go to view ThiefGold_CD1 there's a file called setup.exe. It loads for a second in WinRAR and then the title screen pops up with a option to install.
    What is ThiefGold_CD1? Are you installing it from an ISO image or archive? (ThiefGold_CD1.iso, ThiefGold_CD1.zip, etc). Setup.exe is not an archive, so WinRAR can't do anything useful with it.