TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Hit the road, Jack!

Hit the road, Jack!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...ic_id=26607197

a Florida judge recommended the inflammatory lawyer be permanently disbarred for a prolonged pattern of misconduct and multiple violations of Florida Bar rules. The Florida Supreme Court today embraced that recommendation, permanently disbarring on Thompson.
    rejoice!

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    I was just coming here to post this.

*busts out the vodka* Woo!

*dances*

Game Over, Jack.

is Best Pony
    I guess he'll just have to slum it on talk shows etc instead?

Epic win! And it's about time, too. I'm going downstairs to grab the whiskey.

Taking a break
    *doesn't care at all*

Knows his stuff
    I'm gonna miss the cooky bastard.

Someone else made a valid point, though - Jack was a blessing in disguise. He was a cooky and ridiculous lawyer who, except for garning a lot of publicity for games, wasn't able to do jack shit; the perfect person you would want to fight against games. Now we might get someone who actually knows what he's doing to fill in the shoes :/

Chakat sex pillow
    I find it incredibly stupid and obnoxious that he got himself disbarred because he didn't get someone to file the paperwork for him.

Then again, that neatly sums up his entire campaign against games: stupid and obnoxious.

I don't think it's over just yet, though. He might not be able to fight cases any more, but he's got the backing of several religious nutters, and he's still quite the media magnet. I expect he'll have the troops rallying to his cause in some time.

He's been disbarred; that takes away a lot of his credibility in the media at least. The religious right, that is, those of the religious right who can stand him (I wasn't aware he had such a fanbase) will probably cry and say Jack was disbarred for being Christian, which is seriously irritating. God hates persecution complexes.

is Best Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    I find it incredibly stupid and obnoxious that he got himself disbarred because he didn't get someone to file the paperwork for him.

Then again, that neatly sums up his entire campaign against games: stupid and obnoxious.

I don't think it's over just yet, though. He might not be able to fight cases any more, but he's got the backing of several religious nutters, and he's still quite the media magnet. I expect he'll have the troops rallying to his cause in some time.
    I think it's more likely that every lawyer in the state knew not to touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Hit the road, Jack, and dontcha come back no more no more no more no more.

Permanently Enlarged
    I think I speak for a majority of the gaming community when I say the following:

W00T!!!!

Now the religious wackos will come around acting like Jacky-boy just got shot in the chest by someone who played Call of Duty with zeal. I, for one, can't wait for the quite possibly lulzy shitfest that could come outta this.

Quote Originally Posted by RavynousHunter View Post
    Now the religious wackos will come around acting like Jacky-boy just got shot in the chest by someone who played Call of Duty with zeal. I, for one, can't wait for the quite possibly lulzy shitfest that could come outta this.
    I can see it now... "God laughs when he sends gamers to hell!"

am i doin it rite

One less 'tard in a position of slight power.

Permanently Enlarged
    Least it's not a /b/tard, otherwise we'd all be dead. Or ******d or rickrolled ad infinitum. I find it mildly amusing that he got banhammered two days before my birthday.

[edit] Tha hell?! It won't even let me use the word? Litigious bastards with their wordfilters. [/edit]
    Last edited by RavynousHunter; 2nd Oct 2008 at 06:57. Reason: it had to do with "goats"

Aaaaand an update - hopefully the final page in the epic novel that has been JT's shitfest in the videogames industry:

Originally Posted by Kotaku

Jack Thompson Now Officially Disbarred

Miami attorney... sorry, former Miami attorney John B. "Jack" Thompson, was officially disbarred over the weekend.
    [...]
    And it looks like his adoring fans wasted little time in amending his Wiki page, as well:
    Originally Posted by Wikipedia

Thompson's involvement with music, gaming, and the media (and especially use of legal threats) has raised questions about First Amendment rights. On September 25, 2008, Thompson was disbarred by the Florida Supreme Court for inappropriate conduct, effective October 25, 2008.
    Last edited by Ostriig; 29th Oct 2008 at 17:16. Reason: Though I suspect he'll be back stirring crap soon, much like no cheap horror movie villain stays dead for long.