TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 Multiplayer Player Contact Info List

Permanently Enlarged
    I recently tried to rejoin my Hamachi group because I had to reinstall Windows on my bro's machine, only to find that the network was full.

In response to this, I have made a second network for those who wish to join, but the primary group is full.

The info is as follows:

NAME: ThiefMP:RH-01
    PWD: UkgtMDA (same as before)

I noticed on the first hamachi group that there were two people named "RH-00"

Permanently Enlarged
    Yeah, my dad had to reinstall his copy of Windows cuz of a virus; and as a result, I had to reinstall Hamachi and create a new account. I used the same name so people (hopefully) wouldn't get confuzzled.

Seeing as how the server browser seems to be working quite nicely, it seems that a matchmaking thread would be more proper.

At least, it should simplify things so players can avoid having to use Hamachi/etc.

jtr7
    This one should be used for everybody's contact info:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124200

This is to be able to match with people. You know their email or instant messenger name, and then contact them. If not, matchmaking can be done by PM or something. Though if someone wants to make a thread for matchmaking particularly, be my guest.

Wille
    AIM: -
    MSNMSG: taffermail {at} hotmail.com
    Yahoo: -
    Modem: Cable 10Mb/1Mb
    E-Mail: taffermail {at} hotmail.com

I'm usually available during evenings (timezone: +2 GMT) and I will idle in #thief IRC channel on StarChat server. Though I have to fix some firewall problems first as I can only see the global server and host games properly on my mini laptop.

Looking forward to plunder with a gang of thieves!

Fearless
    MSNMSG: osc30.30 (at) yahoo dot com
    Modem: Wired DSL
    E-Mail: osc.3030 (at) yahoo dot com

Time zone: Pacific
    Last edited by fearless; 28th Sep 2010 at 20:57. Reason: email edit

You know it'd probably be a lot easier to organize these with Steam's friends list. You can also make community groups with their own chat rooms.

Keeper of FMs

Not everyone has Steam...GASP!!

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Not everyone has Steam...GASP!!
    No, but they should.

Anyway if anyone does, you can add me to your friends list and we can give this a shot. My account name is benightedone@yahoo.com.

That's like saying people "should" have big screen TVs. Not everyone does, not everyone wants one, and not everyone can afford one. It doesn't matter that steam is free, if there's no other reason to log on than to make a group, then what's the point?

If more organization is something people want, that's a different story. I know AOL instant messenger has chat rooms, as does yahoo messenger. And if neither of those work, there could be multi-IM sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    That's like saying people "should" have big screen TVs. Not everyone does, not everyone wants one, and not everyone can afford one. It doesn't matter that steam is free, if there's no other reason to log on than to make a group, then what's the point?
    The point is that I'm sure some people don't want to be bothered on IMs/email every other day by 25 people like the SS2 multi thread tends to do.

Ah, I see. That's a good argument, but personally I would say that Steam is not the best choice then. Maybe if there was some other way to do it. I know hamachi is a good option, since you may have to use hamachi anyway if the other player is behind a firewall. But I think since Tos added a master server that hamachi had become obsolete for me, as players can connect without it if I lower my firewall to medium.

T2MP

flying_hope

MSNMSG: mail(at)0815x(dot)de
    Modem: DSL (16MBit/1MBit)
    E-Mail:mail(at)0815x(dot)de

Permanently Enlarged
    Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Ah, I see. That's a good argument, but personally I would say that Steam is not the best choice then. Maybe if there was some other way to do it. I know hamachi is a good option, since you may have to use hamachi anyway if the other player is behind a firewall. But I think since Tos added a master server that hamachi had become obsolete for me, as players can connect without it if I lower my firewall to medium.
    I think XFire can do at least some of what we need... I dunno, I'm not that on the up and up when it comes to XFire.

If push comes to shove, I guess I could lend my talents for a custom-built chat server if I can ever figure out how to get the .Net net code to work without the debugger yelling at me.

I think that a chat room of some sort would definitely simplify setting up games and finding other players. I'll lend whatever support I can to any efforts to create one.

Quote Originally Posted by RavynousHunter View Post
    If push comes to shove, I guess I could lend my talents for a custom-built chat server if I can ever figure out how to get the .Net net code to work without the debugger yelling at me.
    That sounds like a great idea, if you're willing to do it. I'd even suggest integrating it into Thief MP, but it might be more trouble than it's worth to get .NET and a C++ .dll to cooperate with each other.

Permanently Enlarged
    Not a matter of willingness, really. More a matter of learning what needs to be done and how to do it. I can find it, I just have to find the right search parameters to coax the right answer outta MSDN.

Short answer is, I can do it, I just need some time.

Keeper of FMs

Y'all are great! We're lucky to have so many talented & dedicated taffers to make Thief even better!

There's really no easier way to do it IMO; no matter what you do, it requires someone to "have" something to chat. In terms of implementing it to thief MP, that would be the most ideal, as it would mean no downloading of additional program(s).

HOWEVER, I believe that all windows users with windows XP could set up a "meeting" with Microsoft Net Meeting, perhaps?

Ganac aka strongsad
    Modem: Fiberoptic 'tubes, biatches!
    E-Mail: th3m@$t3ri$@w@y at hotmail dot com

Time on: Probably 4pm 10 pm pacific

Permanently Enlarged
    I'm working on the chat app, which I'm calling RIM (short for Ravynous Instant Messanger) for now, after having put it off for a while (mostly working on my game and gaming), currently I'm working on the server and some basic interface design and whatnot. It won't be the most terribly complicated thing in the world, but it should provide us a nice place to congregate and whatnot.

Dan or Dan7

Modem: Cable 10Mb/1Mb
    E-mail: Danmanm@gmail.com
    Time zone: GTM +2

Very eager to try this soon!

Yo hit me up guys, I am really eager to try Thief Multiplayer. I just installed it and was sad to see no central servers .

ABlix is my TTLG name, duh!
    AIM: ABlix000 (your best bet to contact me aside from Skype)
    MSNMSG: ablix0@hotmail.com
    Yahoo: ablix000
    Modem: 10mbps down / 768kbps upload
    E-Mail: why do you need my email you darn spammer?
    Location: Upstate/Central/Western New York. Somewhere in the Syracuse/Rochester/Buffalo area.

Play with me guys and gals! Let me give this invention a try (I was surprised to see how small of a file size the install was).

ShyGreenMoon

MSNMSG: shygreenmoon [at] gmail [dot] com

E-Mail: shygreenmoon [at] gmail [dot] com

Modem: Wireless, cable speed

Hey everyone,
    I'm a long-time lurker on these boards, and I've been an avid fan of Thief since the first Thief came out way back when. I'd like to join in on any multiplayer options for Thief, if there are still spots available. I'd also like to offer any help, should it be needed. Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast