TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 Multiplayer Player Contact Info List

Hi ShyGreenMoon. Welcome

I'm sure someone will want to play with you, that's what this thread is for! Maybe this weekend a few of us could start a game? Also, if anyone has XFire you could hit me up there... I've got a Clan that tracks Thief hours. :P

FYI

Just for info, the current beta of GarrettLoader has support for Thief 2 and System Shock 2 multiplayer games.
    Basically it works by detecting if you have SS2 or Thief 2 multiplayer installed, providing you an additional tab in GLs interface called MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS.
    In the tab you can specify your IP address (if you are hosting the game), player name and if you are available for thief 2 or ss2 games. GL will then maintain a broadcast systems DB on the GL server and distribute your player name and IP address to other GL users also doing the same. Those people will then see a popup appear with a list of players wanting to play, the FM they have installed (if they do) and IP addresses if they are hosting.
    You can then join the games whenever.

A few notes on this:
    • Its not 100% finished so its may be a little buggy.
    • Its limited at the moment and works best on System Shock 2 (in terms of launching System Shock 2 with Multi-player settings defined), Thief 2 settings need to be worked out.
    • The popups don't show well if you are actually playing thief or any other direct X game full screen. If you have dual screens the popup appears on the second screen which is fine.
    • GL does a check for new players every 5 mins at the moment so its possible you can miss people, you also have to mark yourself as available for a game in order to start the checking process.
    • I haven't yet worked out how to do Private messaging on the process yet so that you can let people know you will join a game. As it is you would just join the game.

EDIT: I aim to have most of these resolved soon as its the main thing I will be working on this week but hopefully by the end of the month it will be fully working (albeit still with the Direct X display issue as I don't know how to do a directdraw layer draw using Visual Basic).
    If you can think of other info that may be required here then let me know via a PM and I'll see if I can add it in.
    Last edited by potterr; 10th Mar 2009 at 12:33.

That sounds awesome potterr!

Keyla the Otter
    Keyla The Otter

E-mail: dukeofmania [at] yahoo [dot] com

Experience: 11 years

Yahoo Messenger: dukeofmania [at] yahoo [dot] com

Strengths: Leadership, ideas, defense against mechanist attack style, creativity.

Weaknesses: Courage, Combat Bots, Treebeasts, loud and bright areas, emergency situations.

Time Zone: Eastern
    Last edited by Ryan Smith; 14th Mar 2009 at 18:19. Reason: Adding time zone for convenience

ComboTroop aka Jacob

E-mail: Hell-_-march[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk - [Anti-Spam to Email shield 2009 edition]

Experience: 2 Years

Strengths:Quick Escapist! Good with Ranged weapons, Lucky, Obversful, Metal Gear Stealth and Shadows Tactics!

Weaknesses: Sometimes a bit too-quick! ,Doesn't always use the Blackjack , bit of an Rogue!

Time Zone: Britian, GMT

Location: The Earth, Europe, Great Britain, England, East Midlands, Leicestershire, Leicester, Wigston

Connection Type: Broadband with an Forward ported Router

PM or Email me, if you want to do Thief 2 multiplayer! Please tell what the maps are, as i will download them if you use any FMs!!! Ill be on at Sundays, and weekdays mostly! Sometimes i don't play on Friday!!! And i hope to see you dudes around!
    Last edited by ComboTroop; 15th Mar 2009 at 14:09.

I just wanted to point out guys,. This isn't for a job, so you don't need to put strengths and weaknesses. Though I guess that's good if people are wondering how you might act in multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    I just wanted to point out guys,. This isn't for a job, so you don't need to put strengths and weaknesses. Though I guess that's good if people are wondering how you might act in multiplayer.
    Its true, an Thief shouldn't show either Strengths or Weaknesses Should he do so, he should make them fake!

But i ain't faking them!!

Keyla the Otter
    It's good to know what the players' strengths and weaknesses are because then, we can take advantage of the strengths, learn to cope with weaknesses, and coordinate special moves and strategies.

Plus the experience let's you have a basic idea of how much people know in the way of playing Thief.

Keyla the Otter
    Quote Originally Posted by ComboTroop View Post
    Its true, an Thief shouldn't show either Strengths or Weaknesses Should he do so, he should make them fake!

But i ain't faking them!!
    If you don't always use the blackjack, that's where I come in.

Hy all. I'm new here, I'm a big fant of Thief, , but I have "a little problem.". I try to enjoy Thief MP with a friend, a big fan too, but it doesn't work, the game give him an error. We've been made all settings it's necesary for multimod version, but when we are entering in the game, my friend told me doesn't work, the game give again and again the same error. I take a look on thiefcircle.com, http://www.thief-thecircle.com/guides/hyperthreading/ to see about this problem, we are following the instructions, but also it's doesn't work. What can we do in this case?

Hi, your post is better suited to the actual multiplayer beta thread where Tos and others can assist. This thread is not meant for troubleshooting. If you could repost there that would be great.
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 29th Mar 2009 at 11:22.

Hi, your post is better suited to the actual multiplayer beta thread where Tos and others can assist. This thread is not meant for troubleshooting. If you could repost there that would be great.
    Apologise for my improper post and thanks for link. I'll follow the topic that you sugest me.

I'm sort of new? Have been lurking off/on for the last few months. Just reinstalled T1/T2 after about a year of not playing. Oh the nostalgia.

email: et [dot] 1087 @ gmail [dot] com

I have this coming weekend more or less free. Might have a round or two? Or until the beer runs out?

Can't believe I've just found this

Been lurking these forums for a while (I think I actually posted once, in the thread for "Pirates Ahoy!" ) yet had no idea this had been out for so long.

I'd definitely be interested in trying out the Thief multiplayer, but that idea of the matchmaking thread might be more helpful for me, as I don't have any instant messengers installed (except steam, which seems to have been ruled out ). Times I'm on are completely random as well: I'm on when I'm on and when I'm not, I'm not. I know I'm complicating things for myself a bit here

name: neon flame
    E-mail: neon_flame at msn dot com
    Timezone: Greenwich Mean Time/ Central (+ 0:00 hours)
    Time online: Not really definite, but Saturdays and Fridays after 6:00pm are when you're most likely to find me. Every other day depends on whether I'm busy or not

Well, email is better than nothing. That's a way to contact you.

BANNED
    How works this with the fan missions? I would like to play Ruins Of Originia with someone...

You just load the mission like normal with darkloader... then if you want to play it with multiplayer, you go into the setup and pick the FM. In an older build you could pick from the dropdown custom mission or something, but that's been removed in the latest one. Now, if you load an FM, it appears to replace all the options and you are left with the FM, and Saved Game...

BANNED
    OK! Then I'm looking for challengers for Ruins Of Originia.

Just in case, write me PM here.

Quote Originally Posted by massimilianogoi View Post
    OK! Then I'm looking for challengers for Ruins Of Originia.

Just in case, write me PM here.
    What??? A multi-player version of Ruins of Originia?

I'm sure that is not what he meant. You can try to play any FM in multiplayer. That's not to say it will work right.

But if I can salvage any of my lost missions, I could instead turn them into Multi-player extensions?

I'm not sure what you mean by extensions, but if you mean that you could alter the mission for multiplayer compatibility, then yes. The uncertainty here is how complex your missions are (i.e. custom scripts) and how you would be able to make them 100% compatible. 9It could be that you don't even need to alter them for them to work "out of the box" in multiplayer.) I think this sort of topic though is better suited for discussion in Tos' thread, and not in here.

your ttlg name
    AIM:
    MSNMSG:
    Yahoo:
    E-Mail:
    AIM: (what is AIM?)
    E-mail:Lukass-stoll@web.de
    Modem:Wireless(why does this matter?)
    I have Skype:Lukass-stoll

(I hope the order was not important)
    Last edited by Sapare; 22nd May 2009 at 00:30.

Hi, thanks for posting. AIM stands for AOL Instant Messenger, and as the title suggests, it is an instant messenger program for chatting. "MSNMSG, YAHOO, ICQ," those are all instant messenger programs. The modem category matters because it helps to realize what kind of connections folks have, thus anticipating lag or lack thereof.

TricKsteR80
    AIM:
    MSNMSG: berzerker80@hotmail.com ŦricҜsteЯ
    Yahoo:
    E-Mail: berzerker80@hotmail.com

I'm interested to do some multiplayer gaming. Please feel free to PM or message me. I would like to fulfill my dreams :P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast