Just for info, the current beta of GarrettLoader has support for Thief 2 and System Shock 2 multiplayer games.
Basically it works by detecting if you have SS2 or Thief 2 multiplayer installed, providing you an additional tab in GLs interface called MULTIPLAYER OPTIONS.
In the tab you can specify your IP address (if you are hosting the game), player name and if you are available for thief 2 or ss2 games. GL will then maintain a broadcast systems DB on the GL server and distribute your player name and IP address to other GL users also doing the same. Those people will then see a popup appear with a list of players wanting to play, the FM they have installed (if they do) and IP addresses if they are hosting.
You can then join the games whenever.
A few notes on this:
- Its not 100% finished so its may be a little buggy.
- Its limited at the moment and works best on System Shock 2 (in terms of launching System Shock 2 with Multi-player settings defined), Thief 2 settings need to be worked out.
- The popups don't show well if you are actually playing thief or any other direct X game full screen. If you have dual screens the popup appears on the second screen which is fine.
- GL does a check for new players every 5 mins at the moment so its possible you can miss people, you also have to mark yourself as available for a game in order to start the checking process.
- I haven't yet worked out how to do Private messaging on the process yet so that you can let people know you will join a game. As it is you would just join the game.
EDIT: I aim to have most of these resolved soon as its the main thing I will be working on this week but hopefully by the end of the month it will be fully working (albeit still with the Direct X display issue as I don't know how to do a directdraw layer draw using Visual Basic).
If you can think of other info that may be required here then let me know via a PM and I'll see if I can add it in.