TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thief 2 Multiplayer Player Contact Info List

Name: Taffer Burger
    E-Mail: tafferburger (dot) gmail (dot) com.
    Timezone: Central (evenings, 7:00 or 8:00)
    Strengths: Taffing and sneaksing, and rarely using a blackjack...
    Last edited by Taffer Burger; 28th Oct 2009 at 00:14.

Name: Kyle
    Email: Max (dot) Kyle (at) hotmail (dot) com
    Modem: wired Router, ping around 250-350 getting a better connection very soon (ports forwarded)

I can't believe in almost 11 years of TTLG's existance there wasn't used a nickname "Kyle" before. I'm honestly stunned and bursting in flames of denial.

Name: Zahr Dalsk
    Email: zahrdalsk gmail com
    Xfire: zahrdalsk
    Steam ID: ZahrDalsk
    Availability: Weekdays, usually 5:00 PM - 11:30 PM, Weekends 5:00 PM - 2:00 AM. Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5:00)

I've yet to actually try this online, since me and my friend are having connection troubles, but I would be happy to try to play online with anyone here. Xfire contact would be best.
    Last edited by Zahr Dalsk; 6th Jan 2010 at 00:26.

Name: HellFier
    Strengths: Leadership, ideas, defense against mele attacks (dancing between the blades), creativity, master at blackjacking, preety good bow sharpshooter.
    Weaknesses: some times im too quick and can miss loud areas.
    Modem: ADSL Router
    E-Mail: hellfier-d "wierdsimbol" hotmail "dot" com
    Steam ID: QRT_Crazy_Killer
    Time zone: GMT +2.
    Last edited by HellFier; 6th Jan 2010 at 00:50.

BANNED
    If you want to find a place where to challenge some other player, then come in our chat channel: #Thief, under the Freenode net. You can find the link here:

http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/Thief:_The_Dark_Wiki

We are searching for some challenger for this expansion.

Name: numidium(surprise)
    strengths: stealthy, acrobatics
    weaknesses: meelee
    steam: numidium456

currently just looking for angelwatch server/people

I haven't tried this in a long time. Is anyone willing to start up a server so I can see if my computer will run it?

Why would you expect it to not run? If you can run thief 2 normally, thief 2 multi should work fine. Or do you just mean whether or not you can connect to a server?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahr Dalsk View Post
    Name: Zahr Dalsk
    Email: zahrdalsk gmail com
    Xfire: zahrdalsk
    Steam ID: ZahrDalsk
    Availability: Weekdays, usually 5:00 PM - 11:30 PM, Weekends 5:00 PM - 2:00 AM. Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5:00)

I've yet to actually try this online, since me and my friend are having connection troubles, but I would be happy to try to play online with anyone here. Xfire contact would be best.
    I see you made an xfire group.. I was thinking of doing that, but I see you beat me to it. However, I should point out that you should not encourage piracy... please remove what you said, and instead explain places where you can still buy it. (yes, you can still buy it.... maybe not at retail stores, but from the internet you can.) Also, hamachi is not required, but if you have trouble connecting I would suggest using that... I'm assuming you already tried?

P.s. Oh, I would also suggest linking to the website, not directly to an EXE file.

@sNeaksieGarrett: Addressed in a private message.

EDIT: Also, you can't link to the website; that will only allow people to get version 205. To get 210 you need to copy the location to 205, paste to address bar, and replace 05 with 10 in the URL. Since I assume people are stupid by default I prefer the simple option of a clickable link.
    Last edited by Zahr Dalsk; 5th Mar 2010 at 08:10.

Hi Guys

Email: zumpar1234@azet.sk
    steam ID: Zumpar1234

I am ready for play.

marikhistar
    AIM: -
    MSNMSG: dromed@msn.com
    Yahoo: -
    Modem: - (i don't know what I have to writte here)
    E-Mail: dromed@msn.com

my server

Hey Guys!

I often start a server, almost every evening, so anyone can join and anyone are welcomed. My timezone is GMT+1, and I start the sever at ~19.00 (GMT+1 of course)

The name of the server includes my accountname in any form: "Giskard" - if you see this word in the name of the server than that server is mine

Bye!

Although I don't post here on the forums at all, I still somewhat follow the goings-on and enthusiastically play as many FMs as I can find here. I've been fiddling with Thief 2 MP, but I'm not much of a wiz - I can't be sure that I'm getting it to work right unless I get invited to a game, so yes, I'm very interested. Give me a shout if you'd like me to join for a mission. (:

AIM: -
    MSNMSG: tee_s at onet.eu
    Yahoo: -
    E-Mail: tee_s at onet.eu

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    So, I'm curious, I just installed the multiplayer build 218, I want to give it a try.

Steam Id, GFWL Id : DrKubiac
    Email : DrKubiac@hotmail.com
    GMT +1
    Last edited by DrK; 9th Jun 2013 at 07:31.

Is multiplayer dead?

Multiplayer is good for when you have a friend you want to play a specific FM with.
    In that respect it's alive and well.
    It's not like having a people waiting for others to queue up to play MP.

Although if you want a more specific answer, then I'd say it's at a kinda standstill with 1.19 out there now. Not sure where the multiplayer project will go from there. But the source has been released for (1.18) T2MP, so who knows? Someone might step up to the plate and mangle the code to work with 1.19.

The global server for T2MP is apparently gone, and has been for a long time now. However you can still direct connect thankfully. I've been working on a MP centric FM and had to direct connect using my IP.

I had talked to Tos not too long ago, and he's basically in the "i'll probably get back to it eventually" situation. Don't know if he ever will, but it certainly would be nice to have this work with NewDark.

I wish I could just do it myself, but I'm not really a coder and I've no idea how he actually hooked MP into the thief 2 executable which is why this won't even work with NewDark since it was made with 1.18. Maybe if someone could get Tos' source code over to Le Corbeau he or she and whoever the mysterious group is that made the NewDark patch could patch it themselves. That's wishful thinking. :P

Ok, so let's say the stuff:

FireMage
    Yahoo: Jordan_MAF@Yahoo.fr
    E-mail: MAMIJOMALE@Laposte.net
    Modem: ??? (I dunno although if my modem mess all games up, I can set it into DMZ status to avoid all problems)

Additonnal Information: I need someone to test if everything works.

EDIT: I think that the DarkMultiplayer is not really used because Dromeders think about making single missions, and totaly forget about the multiplayer missions...
    I think that I'll take my tools and do some MP missions...

Great, but keep in mind that developing for multiplayer is a bit different than developing for singleplayer. Speaking of developing for multiplayer, I just recently released my MP mission Monster Arena in the Fan Mission Forum.

The mainpage is down also. http://thief.procyonserver.com/

The main site is gone for good unfortunately, but I've updated the download links for the setup and source code to point to Dropbox instead.