TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 63 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1318232833384348535859606162636465666768737883889398103108113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2922

Thread: General Fan Mission Review And Discussion Megathread

Great review, Mike!

*cough* traitor! *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Springheel View Post
    Hopefully sometime in January, but that's just a guess.
    so it's delayed ?

Thanks for the additional pimping out of my article Sneaky...and after I went and ditched you guys. OH THE GUILT!

You know it's funny...I never laugh at my own writing until someone quotes it. What do you think, mental disorder?
    By the way, this article was a giant pain in the ass to write, so I think I'll be doing a nice easy review next. And yes, it will be posted here as well (I might even throw in some fancy fonts, just to show I still care ).

And yeah, Dark Mod, how 'bout that thing huh?! (this is my subtle way of apologizing for attempting to hijack the conversation)

After you see what I've been working on you can tell me what a true pain in the ass to write really is

I was starting to get disappointed when I didn't see Bloodmist Tower on the list, and then I got to the bottom
    great reviews The Mike

Can't wait to see what you're preparing to unleash on us SneakyJack. Hurry up with it already! WRITE MAN, WRITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayra View Post
    I was starting to get disappointed when I didn't see Bloodmist Tower on the list, and then I got to the bottom
    I'm a master of suspense.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Great review Mike - you know I love those top ten lists. And really, I appreciate the "exclusivity" of the article, but I have no problem at all with posting it here and there or any combination thereof. I really don't want any of this seem like a competition. Just keep those reviews coming, they're always extremely entertaining to read.

OK, a few missions I was surprised didn't make the "crazy" cut:

The Acid Trip
    Gussie's Dream
    Any of Slugg's Bestest FMs
    Yume No Rozen
    Most of the missions from the "Crap" contest
    Get all recent FMs at www.southquarter.com/fms

Classical Master 2008
    I am missing A Simple Job Planned for This Evening from the list. It was a CTEC mission that took the whole surreal theme to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiatus View Post
    so it's delayed ?
    I don't think we ever put a specific release date out for our first update, did we? I know internally we were hoping for around Christmas, but I don't think it will be until a few weeks after that at the earliest.

Don't worry, it will be worth waiting for...there will be at least 3 new types of AI included (zombies anyone?).

Classical Master 2008
    Plus, I hope, one of those mouth-wateringly large levels?

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your Top 10 list, Mike. Very, very entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Great review Mike - you know I love those top ten lists. And really, I appreciate the "exclusivity" of the article, but I have no problem at all with posting it here and there or any combination thereof. I really don't want any of this seem like a competition. Just keep those reviews coming, they're always extremely entertaining to read.

OK, a few missions I was surprised didn't make the "crazy" cut:

The Acid Trip
    Gussie's Dream
    Any of Slugg's Bestest FMs
    Yume No Rozen
    Most of the missions from the "Crap" contest
    The main thing to keep in mind was that this was my top 10 favorite crazy missions, not just the top 10 craziest missions ever. When I started this article I actually wrote up two quick top 10s, one for my favorites and one for the top 10 most purely crazy (which every mission on your list was on). I decided that I'd rather write about the ones I enjoyed the most, not that the ones you mentioned aren't entertaining in their own special way (though I never made it out of the first room in Gussie's Dream...).

Also, there has been a lot of joking but I really doubt anyone is actually emotionally scarred from me making this article a Southquarter exclusive. I mean...this thread currently has like 20 exclusive reviews from me.
    AND I used the "exclusivity" excuse as a cheap way out of having to post it and crop all of the screenshots twice this time. THERE, NOW THE TRUTH COMES OUT.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and thanks everyone for the comments! I'm hanging each one of them on my refrigerator as we speak.

Just got around to reading that Top 10 List, Mike - great stuff, as always, no matter where they're posted

(So; Southquarter, eh? Moving up in the world! Then again, I'm sure you won't let this go to your head... )

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    (So; Southquarter, eh? Moving up in the world! Then again, I'm sure you won't let this go to your head... )
    Well, I used to post reviews on SQ, but there was no feedback whatsoever so I gave up. Good luck to The Mike, though.

I understand that feeling sometimes - but again, as I've said before.. If you are posting reviews for the feedback or for anything other than the warm fuzzy feeling of the love for the game - you'll get discouraged very quickly as alot of people read but few take the time to comment on individual reviews. Its a very small percentage of those that do reply.

I definitely enjoy your reviews and even moreso as you are a master mission builder and designer - so I hope you do continue here at least.
    Last edited by SneakyJack; 10th Dec 2009 at 15:17.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    IIf you are posting reviews for the feedback or for anything other than the warm fuzzy feeling of the love for the game - you'll get discouraged very quickly as alot of people read but few take the time to comment on individual reviews.
    That probably goes for the majority of creative endeavours, really. Creating something - be it prose, art, levels, or whatever - for feedback, fame, or more or less any other reason than you wanting to do it for your own gratification or personal objectives is likely to lead to disappointment, discouragement, and disaffection.

Classical Master 2008
    Well, sure, but here, et least I know people are reading this thread and updating it frequently. If you don't even have an idea if people are reading a site (and it was not obvious), you may as well keep your thoughts to yourself.

Fair enough my friend, fair enough.

Thanks again to everyone that continues to post reviews, post in and read the thread.
    Last edited by SneakyJack; 10th Dec 2009 at 15:16.

For me, feedback from readers are the "instant gratification" part of the job that I need to keep me inspired. As much as I love writing, it's kinda hard to work feverishly over something you get the feeling no one is enjoying. Another reason I keep doing this though is because I've realized that if I ever wanted a job in writing, I'm building up a nice big portfolio of material here. When you think about it that way, writing this stuff is never for absolutely nothing, comments or no comments.

That said, I certainly prefer "comments" to "no comments" being as I'm an incurable attention whore.

Wait we could use all this as part of a writing portfolio? Thats news to me

3 years from now you've become a famous writer, known of The Adventures Of El Kabong.

Well I thought it was a cool idea anyway....

*pouts in the corner*

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    3 years from now you've become a famous writer, known of The Adventures Of El Kabong.
    And get my ass sued off by Hanna Barbara for aping a Quick Draw Mcgraw character's name as my writing alias

El Kabong wasn't an original creation!? MY WHOLE WORLD HAS BEEN TURNED UPSIDE DOWN.

EDIT: After seeing the ages old "origins of El Kabong" link on the first page of this thread, I still stand by my world upside-down statement.

Just keep on walkin'.

Page 63 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1318232833384348535859606162636465666768737883889398103108113 ... LastLast