TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101520252627282930

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Now how bleak and awesome is that?

CoP Complete incoming (a few weeks at most. Perfect timing

Yeah, I've been holding out on playing CoP until Complete hits. I was just about to give in some two weeks ago but then I read a comment from Pavel about how it would launch in February. Just hope that translates to "very early March" now.

verbose douchebag
    Looks awesome. Now if I only I could get SoC & CS working on Windows 7 with my hardware so I can complete a play through of those!

some hints please

Im replaying this amazing game, and i have some doubts, i was wondering if each anomalous area can provide different types of artifacts? or do they provide only one type of item? ive been diggin out one artifact per anomalous area with the help of my detector, and yet i havent found any anoumalous area that can provide artifacts that Beard has been looking for, what am i missing?

another doubt, there are some sidemissions that are not displayed as a target in the PDA Map, i mean how should i know where to proceed in order to acomplish them?

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    Im replaying this amazing game, and i have some doubts, i was wondering if each anomalous area can provide different types of artifacts? or do they provide only one type of item? ive been diggin out one artifact per anomalous area with the help of my detector, and yet i havent found any anoumalous area that can provide artifacts that Beard has been looking for, what am i missing?
    Fire anomalies only spawn fire artifacts. Chemical anomalies only spawn chemical artifacts. And so on. And of course the detector plays a certain role. I.e. Tier 1 detector(Echo) will only pick up Tier 1 artifacts, even if other artifacts are there you won't see them.

And as for Beard's artifact hunting, as usual when it comes to item hunting quests, it is best to only accept the mission if you already have the item(in other words, the artifact).

another doubt, there are some sidemissions that are not displayed as a target in the PDA Map, i mean how should i know where to proceed in order to acomplish them?
    You need to explore yourself. Asking other Stalkers about them usually gives you clues where to go.

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    You need to explore yourself.
    Agreed. I recommend going to the desert with some peyote.

Thanks Koki, i will test then my new detector to see what artifacts it can bring.

Faetal , there is no peyote in Ukraine, only in America i suppose.

I just started playing COP again recently. My GPU died several months ago, and just got around to replacing it. I had only played for a couple of hours back then and now I've put around 10 or so into it.

Although this feels like Stalker, the gameplay seems to be much easier than SOC, and so far anyway, I've been a bit disappointed. Seems there are tons of ammo and health kits around so I never feel very threatened by anything, taking away that feeling of dread that I felt in SOC. And the zone seems pretty void of anything very dangerous. So far anyway I've been able to avoid mutants by just running away and when I do have to fight, I have so many supplies that it makes them a cakewalk.

I am playing on the default setting so that could be it, however I've played SOC twice, once vanilla, on Stalker difficulty and then one of the mods on the same, and they both seemed much harder.

Should I restart on a different difficulty level or is the game just easier all around?

I think if you're good at Stalker SoC it will seem easier. There's less outright dangerous combat up front and less of the old deadly anomalies spread around. Radiation is probably the biggest threat, because of the cost of antirads. I found I was only scraping by at the start the first time I played. That was until I got on the artifact gravy train, and then hoo boy.
    You should be playing on Master in any case.

do anybody now if there are any console commands out there for stalker call of priycat
    ?????????

priycat=PRIY-celess

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101520252627282930