TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Sorry, but what is the point of wandering around the Zone with nothing to do?
    Freeplay is for those who won't be able to finish all 70 quests during the main game, and will want to finish them after it. I guess.

Whatever happens, the community will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    Freeplay is for those who won't be able to finish all 70 quests during the main game, and will want to finish them after it. I guess.
    Freeplay is overrated though. I honestly don't see the point of doing the same quests over and over. What else can you do once you're done with the main storyline? Hunting for artefacts and shoot people and mutants at random?

Clearinghouse

Rutube

Looks interesting enough, Clear Sky's Improvements with SoC gameplay apparently. Maybe we can all forget UT2003 i mean Clear Sky and be happy with the new one.

At about the 10 minute mark you can hear the NPP music, hope they dont recycle all the SoC tracks (its all good music of course, but ya know) XD

And they better bring MoozE back, those melodramatic tracks in Clear Sky weren't all that great.

Quote Originally Posted by TF View Post
    And they better bring MoozE back, those melodramatic tracks in Clear Sky weren't all that great.
    AFAIR, there were just 3-5 new tracks in CS and they weren't melodramatic and quite matched others instead. The thing is they all were just completely unimpressive/blank if compared with the best MoozE's tracks.

BTW, I like that music from SoC playing in the video very much. Beautifully mooooody.

The music in SoC was fucking excellent. It's hard to imagine a better suited soundtrack for the game. It's generally a trade-off between immersion and mood with game soundtracks, IMO, but Stalker managed to keep both in heaps with its understated score.

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    AFAIR, there were just 3-5 new tracks in CS and they weren't melodramatic and quite matched others instead. The thing is they all were just completely unimpressive/blank if compared with the best MoozE's tracks.

BTW, I like that music from SoC playing in the video very much. Beautifully mooooody.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-RTTuP-s38
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsl2KMak6S8

The last one is great, but doesn't match others - too musical for using ingame, it would be great for credits f.e. And the first one is meh compared with these ones:

Radwind Pt2
    Dead Cities Pt2
    S.A.D.
    Sleeping in Ashes v2
    Last edited by 242; 19th May 2009 at 04:45.

Taking a break
    Sleeping in Ashes 2 is my all-time STALKER favourite, it matched the location perfectly.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

I get the impression from the current write-ups that the game will be more horror oriented than SoC and less shooty than CS. Is this what they're aiming for?
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 26th May 2009 at 06:45.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    I get the impression from the current write-ups that the game will be more horror oriented than SoC and less shooty than CS. Is this what they're aiming for?
    Only Monolith itself knows that for sure...
    From the screens/videos, visually it looks like CS. I mean bright sun, blue sky and such, I much prefer SoC's gloomy look. But I guess it will be less shooty than CS, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicfluff View Post
    Whatever happens, the community will fix it.
    That didn't happen with CS. I was hanging around on the GSC and ZSG forums, and it turned from elation at new shiny game to collective horror at horrible replay value and shootery style. Most of the people who were big in the modding business went straight back to SHOC (like dez0wave with lost alpha, and Natvac continuing ZRP for SHOC rather than make one for CS).

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer_951 View Post
    That didn't happen with CS. I was hanging around on the GSC and ZSG forums, and it turned from elation at new shiny game to collective horror at horrible replay value and shootery style. Most of the people who were big in the modding business went straight back to SHOC (like dez0wave with lost alpha, and Natvac continuing ZRP for SHOC rather than make one for CS).
    I think it'll be different for a game with this amount of new content though. CS didn't really add enough to entice them away from SoC.

Oh, I just realised this is the next expansion pack thread, not Stalker 2. Mea culpa. I still think this will see more community effort though, if they deliver in the content and freedom stakes. Which is admittedly a big if, GSC's past claims considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki
    Sleeping in Ashes 2 is my all-time STALKER favourite, it matched the location perfectly.
    Agreed. I can see the location in my head when I listen to it. The Deadly Silence... Zombies wandering the land... Snorks in the distance... The wind softly rusting the nearby plants and the bleak brown-grayish sky and the general "abandoned" atmosphere... gives me the chills just thinking about it.

I loved the first game.. it had the right mix of FPS/RPG/Horror, the second tripped over itself with invincible Bloodsuckers and some horrible English Dialogue. I've read the third will be more like the first game so I'll definitely be watching and waiting for CoP.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
    Agreed. I can see the location in my head when I listen to it. The Deadly Silence... Zombies wandering the land... Snorks in the distance... The wind softly rusting the nearby plants and the bleak brown-grayish sky and the general "abandoned" atmosphere... gives me the chills just thinking about it.
    Yeah, one of the most atmospheric and creepy maps, especially with the aural and visual psi effects if one decides to clean out the factory area (at least temporarily). Snorks are horrible things, and they are plentiful in there.

Clearinghouse
    Interview: GSC On Call Of Pripyat: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009...ll-of-pripyat/

Taking a break
    (May 25)

http://cop.stalker-game.com/?page=controler

Prefers to move in a way so as to constantly keep the enemy in sight, thus climbing hills, roofs and trees.

Taking a break
    If AI can climb trees that's nice, but Controller is the last enemy which should be doing it.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Rather than standing around idle whilst you sprint right up and stab them in the face?

Taking a break
    Oh, you played CoP?

PC Gamering Smartey Man

No, just saying they were utterly useless at close range in SoC. They might actually stand a chance if they were more, ya know, active.

"Prefers to move in a way so as to constantly keep the enemy in sight, thus climbing hills, roofs and trees."

Ya lol to be easily shot while lumbering around and groaning. Isnt it like the complete opposite? Namely hiding away while killing one with mind rays or whatever? Thats how it was in SoC at least, such a pain in the ass to find the bastards

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast