TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126 ... LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

As far as I remember that description (at least the tree part) is years old, back from the times of the initial site for the first stalker. I guess it's more of a backstory rather than gameplay feature.

Those videos were already posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    I get the impression from the current write-ups that the game will be more horror oriented than SoC and less shooty than CS. Is this what they're aiming for?
    I hope so. The horror-y parts, e.g. the underground labs, were the best parts of SoC in my opinion.

devs said many times that there will only be 2 very brief underground sections. much less then SOC or CS. it's sad but true. well, at least it's gonna have better wildlife, the new bloodsucker got some crazy moves

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    devs said many times that there will only be 2 very brief underground sections.
    Where they said that?

much less then SOC or CS. it's sad but true. well, at least it's gonna have better wildlife, the new bloodsucker got some crazy moves
    CS almost hadn't underground sections. Maybe you mixed up CS and CoP?

no, there is a link to a russian interview write-up on the GSC-forum, there are a few more videos on youtube (from the russian E3) where oleg confirms that they concentrate on wildlife and the Zone (especially recreating Pripyat) and there will be only 2 underground locations (but they know ppl like 'em and they will return for S2). most of them in ukrainian though

Well, but he didn't say they would be very brief. 2 dungeon locations is appropriate considering it's actually an add-on, so will have less locations than SoC.

Taking a break
    Actually, area-wise I'm pretty sure it will be bigger than SoC.

Taking a break
    Nicely used haze on this one.

Erm... where is all the junk, didn't know they had janitors working there. There is a certain lack of small details as for now, kind of too empty even compared to SoC.

Taking a break
    I am not a janitor, I am a STALKER!

Maybe the stalkers became too good-mannered...

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Nicely used haze on this one.
    Haze...or bloom? Not sure what it is...but something seems off about these shots. It's like they've lost some of the start reality of the original art direction. In the original game, I always felt this weird ache in my heart because it felt so much like I was really looking at the real city.

Taking a break
    This is during a Blowout(Check the sky). Any reality is unwelcome

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    This is during a Blowout(Check the sky). Any reality is unwelcome
    Reality is unwelcome? Are you shitting me? The stark disparity of what's left of Chernobyl is unmatched by the imagination. It's terrifying in the simplicity and silence of it all. I hate when they add too much blur, bloom, or whatever.

I'm sure these shot are preliminary, to some degree. I wouldn't get too excited yet. More screens here:

http://cop.stalker-game.com/?page=screens

including the ones that clearing posted above (but 4 new ones too). That bridge picture reminds me of HL2.

SShock2.com

After the disillusion that Clear Sky was (I never even played through it a second time), I'm trying not to get too excited about CoP. I just hope that it will be a lot more like the original game, and not just another step in the direction that Clear Sky took.

A newerish gameplay video (I think).

SShock2.com

I'm so glad that this game will have a Mooze soundtrack again

Unfotunately, those annoying blowouts will still be present
    Last edited by D'Arcy; 12th Aug 2009 at 16:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    A newerish gameplay video (I think).
    Interesting, it looks like you'll have multiple choices in dealing with people and varying outcomes too. Nice to see a little non-linearity poking its nose in. Given the size of the zone it seems silly you have to follow the same path every time you play it, even if you don't follow your exact footsteps.

Clearinghouse

10 note
    Not sure about those screenshots. The haze in the first one and the depth of field in the last one seem a bit artificial. Good to see the depth of field isn't so in-your-face in the other shots, but I think it's a stupid effect to have in a game anyway. Parallax occlusion mapping looks nice on the bricks, but then we had that in SoC with mods. Graphically it doesn't look a whole lot different to SoC or CS, but that's not a problem, since they both looked awesome anyway. The real graphical update will be in Stalker 2, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Arcy View Post
    I'm so glad that this game will have a Mooze soundtrack again
    Any word on new tracks by him for this game? Because all I'm hearing is old ones in the trailer, and technically Clear Sky had a MoozE soundtrack too except for a few sluggish tracks by some other guy.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891011162126 ... LastLast