TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227 ... LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Somehow the screenshots I've seen so far look too clean compared to Shadow of Chernobyl. Did anyone else have that impression?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Somehow the screenshots I've seen so far look too clean compared to Shadow of Chernobyl. Did anyone else have that impression?

Me

Okay, gotcha. It's not just the lack of clutter, though; there's something about the colours and textures that seems less dirty, for want of a better word.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    Okay, gotcha. It's not just the lack of clutter, though; there's something about the colours and textures that seems less dirty, for want of a better word.
    More warm desert colors and textures, just like Clear Sky.

And again, is MoozE really back?

Quote Originally Posted by TF View Post
    And again, is MoozE really back?
    I don't know, but I think they'll certainly reuse some of his SoC music, as they did in CS.

There's an article on joystiq that mentions COP, which mentions that it will be out in November (previously we had only heard "fall") and that it will have 7-9 hours of gameplay ("more if you want to explore the free world"). That sounds low, although in playing both Stalker games, I've always deviated quite a bit from the main storyline, so it's hard to gauge.
    Last edited by Brethren; 20th Aug 2009 at 10:14. Reason: forgot to include link

The first official video of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat demonstrating action gameplay is now available on our web-site.

Click on the Files section to download the trailer in resolution as most suitable for you.

Enjoy!

http://www.stalker-game.com/en/?page=video

What a strange video.
    Mood and atmosphere seem a bit... off. Daytime and outdoor areas look raw and somewhat empty.
    And is it just me or are the character models really starting to look dated ? The graphics engine is still strong, but that footage doesn't do a good job at showing its most convincing aspects.

The night-time storm gameplay looks promising though. I'm hesitating, considering that Cleak Sky was an enormous let-down to me. I wonder how interesting the story is.
    Last edited by Briareos H; 20th Aug 2009 at 11:42.

I also thought it was kinda strange. I'm not impressed nor am I disappointed, it just shows too little. As for character models, I don't think so, prefer them to Fallout 3 models for example.

UtuBski

Agreed, daytime parts look abit off, mebbe its the sandy ground and the lil weeds everywhere, but Stalker daytime never looked that good unmodded (couldnt go without sunny amkmod days + float32 anymore). Latter parts look cool imho.

Yeah it didn't look that flash. They seem to be skewing the colour palette further towards brown again (terrible mistake; I love me some blue and green and pink. Stalker was just about unique in mixing that stuff up)
    The levels (they are showing) look nice and expansive though. Maybe it's the detail tradeoff we're seeing.

SShock2.com

I actually liked it. To me, the more they move back towards the SoC look/feeling, the more I'll like it.

Agreed; the wandering for miles and checking out stuff, then getting jumped at night theme is right on the money. And if the maps are massive I'll certainly be happy. Whatever is to be said about Clear Sky, Swamps is a fantastic place to muck around in for hours on end.

Taking a break
    God dammit GSC!

i think that video played exactly to my interests. mood, atmosphere, locations, the ZONE. for me this was a fanboy orgasmn and it gets my stamp of approval
    keep hope alive !

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    i think that video played exactly to my interests. mood, atmosphere, locations, the ZONE. for me this was a fanboy orgasmn and it gets my stamp of approval
    keep hope alive !
    This. I fell the same way when I saw the trailer.

What they say is reassuring (focus on 'solo exploration' like SoC, and I also like the bandits are 'more well-mannered' now as they're former stalkers this time, it probably means no more that horrible slang and music like in the Clear Sky's Garbage), but why they chose that yellowish color for soil which makes it look like a sandy desert, when in reality it's black and gray.

If this isnt going to be great close videogaming forever and explode the planet :O

Anything more of interest those dudes are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR View Post
    Anything more of interest those dudes are saying?
    Nothing particularly. Bla, bla, bla, solo-exploration, closer to the original, no reusing of old maps, 3 huge locations + 2 dungeons, bla bla bla, many quests, bla bla bla, we were again in the Zone and took many pictures to implement what we saw, bla, bla, bla, Yanov is so dangerous that Freedom and Duty decided to bury the tomahawk around the place and even camp in the same building, bla bla bla, bandits are more 'cultural' as they're former stalkers now, bla bla bla
    Last edited by 242; 27th Aug 2009 at 05:04.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    bandits are more 'cultural' as they're former stalkers now
    No more cheap disco music?

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    No more cheap disco music?
    Yeah! I couldn't stop to hum that infamous music for a week after I heard it for the 1st time.

Clearinghouse

bee bop dee doo bop dee depob

bee bop dee doo bop dee doo

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    Yeah! I couldn't stop to hum that infamous music for a week after I heard it for the 1st time.
    Are you referring to the music they kept playing in their camps in CS? That sounded like some sort of terrible polka (that's redundant, I know)

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112172227 ... LastLast