TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429 ... LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

so I'm gonna play the german version (could be that Koch/Deep Silver are publishing ?), not many times it's the one being released earlier than the english version.

Taking a break
    Wikipedia, via bit-composer, reports the whole thing was pushed back to Q1 2010.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    so I'm gonna play the german version (could be that Koch/Deep Silver are publishing ?), not many times it's the one being released earlier than the english version.
    Enjoy your buggier and potentially censored game then.

If the release schedule is like this (which I doubt) I'm sure I will enjoy my STALKER:CoP 1.00 just like I enjoyed STALKER:SOC 1.00 and STALKER:CS 1.00 without ever having any troubles in the initial vanilla versions. you can then post about how buggy and censored a game you don't know is while I play it.

From experience with STALKER and their publishers (and german ones as well) I think it will all be released sometime 2010 and each version for the different markets will have different DRM and addons and no CollectorsEdition of any worth.

BTW, no game in Austria has ever been censored, we always get a uncensored german version that then everybody in germany imports. you as an omnipresent entity on this forum should know that, being the forum fact police and all.

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    I bet a fan made english translation will be out way before the official german version...

i do not worry about playing the game the day it gets released in Russia. As far as STALKER goes the world is interesting enough to spend time in without having to know the plot or understand the NPCs. I will be satisfied exploring the zone and having a few random encounters.

DirectX 11 apparently has cutting edge gas mask technology

(dx11 screenshots showing tesselation and new shadows)

Taking a break
    Pox on shadows, they look good enough on 10 - but that tasselation thing is pretty damn good.

dx11 vs dx10 vx dx9 vs EGA

the shadows are blurrier around the edges, so no harsh edges, that's the only thing I could spot. But I can't spot what the tesselation effect should do. the pictures look either the same or 100% different (as in: all the colors seem different in one of the shots)......

I think I'm gonna be good with my DX10 wet surfaces, the best improvement for atmosphere in STALKER CS for the dx10 path. It actually had a big impact on my immersion when playing CS. But how harsh shadows are and if my PC manages to render god rays without exploding isn't that important.

Tesselation looks like something I would not be able to spot and therefore, miss.

The differences are so microscopic that they won't be noticeable at all when you will be playing the game.

Taking a break
    If you can't tell a difference between a regular dodecagon and a circle then there's something seriously wrong with you.

Ack and i got me a brand new DX 10 Rig recently. Guess ill have to live with things not being as round

there will come a time when you have to get a new graphics card and ... volá: DX11 is in the house

I will hold on to my current PC (c2d,8800gts) for as long as I can and then make the transition to
    ci7,ddr3 and dx11 in one sweep (my wallet is already starting to cry)

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    If you can't tell a difference between a regular dodecagon and a circle then there's something seriously wrong with you.
    Are you actually concentrated on such things when you play a game? I had to look at the pictures for a minute to notice the difference. And it's still picture.

Taking a break
    I hope that's as open as it looks.

If that's another Limansk I shall be sorely disappointed.

ZylonBane
    You'd think that eventually those jackasses would get the clue to put all their effort into creating a stable, balanced game, instead of constantly monkeying around with the latest/greatest rendering technology.

Well, people who have tried the pirated version say this one is stable on release. Some person wrote that he played for 6 or so hours with often alt-tabs and not a single crash.

ZylonBane
    "Stable" refers to a lot more than the game crashing. For example, STALKER's infamously buggy quest system.

About new quests, people are satisfied, it seems the quests are much better made than in previous installments. The main complaints I've seen so far are about lack of details on the maps (lack of small objects, details like garbage etc.).

Clearinghouse
    The first impressions in Russia are good. Maps are huge.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    About new quests, people are satisfied, it seems the quests are much better made than in previous installments. The main complaints I've seen so far are about lack of details on the maps (lack of small objects, details like garbage etc.).
    That's bad. Buggy quests are easy to fix, empty maps are not.

i couldn't wait and I am running around the swamp atm.
    it IS HUGE. animals are more agressive. enemies eat bullets for breakfast. the HUD is too big for my taste but I love the quickslots (especially for my energy drinks). you have to eat pretty often. got my first 2 artifacts
    and some psycho-electro-invisible monster bashed my head with bricks until I was dead. it was pretty awesome. and if clear sky was overpopulated this is like living on the moon compared.

How many monsters and humans compared to SoC? Are the maps less detailed than SoC's maps?

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429 ... LastLast