TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Crash on start-up.

Crash on start-up.

Just installed yesterday. When starting up, the screen goes black, the resolution changes to load the game, the Windows hourglass appears, but then it immediately resets itself back to desktop resolution and crashes with the Visual Studio Debugger returning the following message:
    An unhandled win32 exception occurred in THIEF2.ICD[random number].
    Windows XP Professional 32bit SP3, C2D 1.83, 2GB RAM, Radeon HD 2400XT. Dual core patch has been applied via imgcfg. Video fixes applied, but they're not the source anyhow - at voodoo47 I renamed the movies folder to stop them from playing and it still crashes. Attempted installing the Premier 07 to 18 patch that is linked in the FAQ thread in ThiefGen, still the same problems. Attempted running in compatibility modes, no change.

Any ideas?

Im sure Ive seen that one before, but I cant for the life of me remember what the fix is for it..

hmmm,thief2.icd? this may be a problem with copy protection.try using a no-cd fixed exe (cannot link one for obvious reasons).if you are using one already,try the opposite-run the game with the original unmodified exe.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    hmmm,thief2.icd? this may be a problem with copy protection.try using a no-cd fixed exe (cannot link one for obvious reasons).if you are using one already,try the opposite-run the game with the original unmodified exe.
    Ah yes, thats where ive seen that before... ostrig, let me know how you get on with this..

I'll have a look around for a no-cd crack and give it a try. I kinda need one anyway since I left my disks in the UK. Thing is, the copy I installed is original, and I tried to run it unpatched, then applied the patch linked here, but to no success.