TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: So what now?

Taking a break

So what now?

I just watched the outro to CoP for a second time.

And... what next?

Of all STALKER games so far, CoP has least conclusive(Zone-wise) ending. Which leads me to believe there will be another STALKER coming, though I wouldn't mind if they went back and remade first two games, now that they know how to fucking do it.

Are there any news about another STALKER being in development?

not any "news" that I know of besides that they are working on a new STALKER and after months of speculation regarding which engine they will use (the cryengine2/3 came up a few times) they still have not disclosed that information yet. So I would say no, no info. I'm not looking forward to the ending of COP because that would mean that the game is over. Atm I don't want the game to stop. Just give me sidemissions of that quality and I'm happy.
    If they do (and I'm certain they will) a next part I sure hope they come up with a story on par with SOC with better story telling like they are doing in COP and maybe a little more RPG stuff in how to tackle a mission and - dare I say it - better stealth, yes, please.

Well, unless sales for CoP and CS somehow managed to go significantly down from those of SoC (last rumoured figure I bumped into - 1.7 mil. copies, February 2008), I'd be really surprised if GSC weren't already at work on either a direct sequel or a form of "spiritual successor". I know TTLG loves that term.

I think the bigger question is whether their next title along the lines will try to take a chomp at the console baited line.
    Last edited by Ostriig; 19th Nov 2009 at 08:11. Reason: And whether there'll be leaning.

The only thing known for sure is that there won't be any more SoC's addons.

Taking a break
    Why are CS and CoP called SoC addons? That's like calling Icewind Dale a Baldur's Gate addon.

well we know that " STALKER2 " is in development, but there aren't many news beyond that

Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    well we know that " STALKER2 " is in development
    Really? There isn't any official (or reliably unofficial) information about that... yet.
    However it's more probably so than not, but no info.

Quote Originally Posted by Сергей Григорович
    Это и есть название второго аддона... Второй аддон к Сталкеру выйдет в этом году, осенью. Идей, как всегда, масса, но до разработки доживают единицы. Мы не делимся никакими мыслями до тех пор, пока не принимаем решение разрабатывать проект. А это стадия, когда уже есть на что посмотреть. Но могу сказать, что Сталкер 2 мы будем разрабатывать однозначно.
    At that point, they were doing a new "standalone addon" known as CoP, and didn't know in which direction take the STALKER project (as an IP, I suppose) afterwards. However, it was clear that they were going to do STALKER 2.
    Am I misunderstanding?

No, but in the cited there was no statement that they were doing Stalker 2, only that they were going to do it.

Its been a long time since the last release of Stalker "call of pripyat" any news of a upcoming stalker game?

Taking a break
    You mean like STALKER 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    You mean like STALKER 2?
    yes, or another sequel.

Old news!

They are making a multi-platform S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2. At the same time they are filming a movie and a series. So this should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Axon1988 View Post
    Old news!

They are making a multi-platform S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2. At the same time they are filming a movie and a series. So this should be interesting.
    That sounds great , also i cant wait to see the movie and the series ,i hope they are being created by great directors.

Thanks for the info

I have no clue who the directors are, but I know that they are working with GSC and that apparently GSC still has the final say in most situations. I'll link the preview video and some more info on the upcoming sequel.

Most people are worried about the game lacking it's atmosphere when they try and make it compatible with consoles. Same goes for Stalker's nice inventory system, but GSC said that they will make the game on pc first, and then make it compatible with consoles. So the console game might not be as nice as the pc version. I hope they keep it like this, not to diss consoles, but pc gamers suffer when games get ported from a console to pc.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/15245-...g-soon-update/ <- Stalker Series article and video!

Read this one before you read the next one! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...multi-platform

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ng-towards-rpg <- Some new info on what Stalker 2 is going to be like.

Hey the stalker series seem to be nice, i hope there will be a version with portuguese subtitles, and hope will be a serie of good quality.

Do you know if "metro 2033" is a similiar game to Stalker and if it is worth to play it?

I hope the international release of STALKER 2 will have all dialogue spoken in Ukrainian (or Russian) with English/Spanish/whatever subtitles. Not only does it make more sense but eastern European languages are bloody cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjossi View Post
    I hope the international release of STALKER 2 will have all dialogue spoken in Ukrainian (or Russian) with English/Spanish/whatever subtitles. Not only does it make more sense but eastern European languages are bloody cool.
    Agreed! It adds to the authenticity! Hah, I just typed a big word. Hehehe.

Metro 2033's developing team consists mostly of people from the original dev team of S.t.a.l.k.e.r - Shadow Of Chernobyl. And yes it's a great game, if you like linear shooters. No freeroaming or anything. But the story isn't bad and the game has some very interesting mechanics.