TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tested some mods (S.t.a.l.k.e.r SOC)

i got a core2duo, gtx880 and 4gb ram, no problems here. btw, Call of Pripyat REDUX (the other "complete graphical/weapons/AI overhaul" mod) has a release out on moddb.

Yeah I saw that. I am watching that mod. I think it's the first full fledged and finished TC mod for COP right?

Well you have the graphics card for it, well mine is a ATI 4670. So not too bad. But I paid way too much for it. At the prices hardware is falling now... Always the way things go.

FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition
    http://www.stalkermod.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2ywc7z8c53u

I enjoy sandboxing SoC with this mod enabled - the strangers are a complete pain in the ass and the zergs are pretty crazy. YYMV.

I used Save's CarryMod3, onionradish's ShowReward Mod, MrKlorox's Weather Mod, Shebuka's Repair Mod, dunnin's ammo fix, Proton's Freestate Mod, DEXXX's Freeplay Mod 1.2 and bardak's stk10004 bug fix attempt in this pack, and I used ideas or concepts from mods such as ABC Mod, Basix Mod, olmod and many others. I also used some textures from Marco_M's Big Hunt TOZ mod

Two new communities have been added... the Rogues which are your friends, and the Strangers which are your deadliest enemies...

A new character has been added.... Doc! You will find him at the north end of the Red Forest on the elevated platform

Added portions of the Freestate mod... you have to purchase the powers the artifacts used to give you. Plus, by purchasing Hunter skills, you can get a chance at an.....
    Last edited by Trappin; 16th Sep 2010 at 02:52.

Thanks for that trappin, that looks really interesting!

Concerning the Zone Reclamation Project (aka ZRP) mod … Could someone please tell me how the 'Screw Repair Option' works?

I've checked the 'Allow Screw to Repair Weapons and Armor' check-box … Now what? Do I have to somehow *use* the screw on my weapon, or is it automatic?

Hey all, longtime lurker here.

I noticed that there hasn't been any talk of the Russian "Narodnaya Solyanka" mod for SOC here.

Its a HUGE mod with many new levels, weapons, quests, etc.

"BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PEOPLE'S Solyanka 2009"
    (taken from the Russian download page).
    *30+ Locations: Cordon, Swamp, Garbage, Dark Valley, Forgotten Wood, Not Reconnoitered Territory, SRI Agroprom, Bar, Wild Territory, Yantar, Military Warehouses, Radar, Pripyat, CHAES1, CHAES2, Sarcophagus, ATP, Red Forest, Limansk, Hospital, Old Village, Generators, Underground Research Agroprom, Lab x18, X16, X10, Varlab, Cave, Labyrinth, Merv, Zaton.
    *14+ Mutants: jerboa, rat, leech, marsh bloodsucker, a chimera, elktrohimera, controller, kink, poltergeist, fire poltergeist, byurer.
    *13 Factions: Loners, Military, Mercenaries, Bandits, Environmentalists, Duty, Last Day, Freedom, representatives of the "O"-consciousness, Monolith, Clear Sky, Hunters, Avengers + dealers and repairers (even rumors of the presence in the Zone of women).
    *Huge number of weapons, from fists and knives to heavy machine guns and grenade launchers.
    *Great variety of armor, with the possibility of upgrading.
    *5 types of detectors. 15+ anomalies. 4 mobile teleport devices. 45+ artifacts.
    *Huge number of quests (200 to 300 hours of content). Unique quest caches.

Most of the maps from Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat have been imported into the game along with new maps.

There are 2 different versions on GSC's site, both are very good, but I would recommend the DMX version (more weapons, different UI, seems stabler).

Vanilla Narodnaya Solyanka - requires SOC patch 1.004, refer to last post in thread.

Narodnaya Solyanka+DMX - requires SOC patch 1.005

Walkthrough

EDIT: The mod has been translated to English.
    Last edited by mrjingo; 22nd Dec 2010 at 10:38.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjingo View Post
    I noticed that there hasn't been any talk of the Russian "Narodnaya Solyanka" mod for SOC here.
    Probably because there are only two posters here I know of that speak russian.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Probably because there are only two posters here I know of that speak russian.
    Its been translated to English

I've been looking at that mod for a while. It looks really good. I might just download it sometime and try it out.

Taking a break
    Thesis: Russian mods all focus so much on the big picture - adding new maps, NPCs, Mutants, Artifacts etc. - that they all forget it's the little changes - repairing, weapon looting/switching, avoiding anomalies - that make the game actually playable.

Thesis: Russian mods all focus so much on the big picture - adding new maps, NPCs, Mutants, Artifacts etc. - that they all forget it's the little changes - repairing, weapon looting/switching, avoiding anomalies - that make the game actually playable.

er.. they have all that too Those are standard features on pretty much every mod these days...

Which mods would you recommend then Koki?

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjingo View Post
    er.. they have all that too
    Vanilla AMK didn't have them(AMK EN had some though), neither did the mod I tried recently - Old Storyline Restoration mod.

And guess what, it's a damn shame because it had the potential to be best SoC mod out there.

First thing Sid does? Tells you to stay out of the Rookie camp - because why would they let a marked guy in - and sends you straight north to the junk pile to bring him an artifact, triggering the scene with the Flesh running into a Whirgling. On the way there you get an message that some rookies attacked the military helicopter and need help.

Remember the poor Tolik? Remember how after you help him he says "I'll be sure to let everyone in the camp know that you helped me out"? Yep, that's your ticket in to Rookie Camp. That line normally doesn't make much sense, neither does the scene with the helicopter. Except in the mod.

Wolf now wants out of the Zone and sends you to Car Park to bring him dynamite, not for Nimble, who now gets executed the moment Bandit catch your scent in the breeze.

Or hell, remember the stash "Things belonging to the one who perished in the anomaly"? Now there's a whole little sequence for it, with the guy running away from a boar and actually ending up in an anomaly. You get the coordinates for the stash from his body, logically enough.

I made my way to the Garbage, shot some Bandits, but decided it's not worth it if I can't even repair my goddamn shit.

I honestly don't know how they restored all this - and did they even restore it at all, or just made it all up - but it all makes perfect sense and ties together so well that I have to recommend it. There's even some cut locations restored, you can see Dead City on your PDA map, dunno if there's more.

So if you understand russian try it out. I can't recommend the english translation because it's been done by copying english files from original SoC and then translating whatever's left. But with most dialogues changed it's just confusing; Like Tolik, who was supposed to attack the military helicopter but when you help him he says the original story about Bandits, or Wolf, who sends you for the dynamite then acts as if you went there for Nimble, and so on.

Sounds like a good mod. Never heard of it though. Apparently we only have at most 11 months to wait for lost alpha. They say winter 2011 at the latest. Currently they are working on their story and as far as I know it's almost done. They've been playing around with more features and restoring older stalker videos with their mod. Like the latest mod released on moddb.

Funny thing, people complained about the new trailer, they asked why it was all in english. They never actually caught on, or read the description that it's actually a remake of a older stalker trailer. They used that trailer's sound.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Axon1988 View Post
    Sounds like a good mod. Never heard of it though.
    It's pretty new. First release in June 2010, and the english "translation" wasn't done till December.

I dunno about Lost Alpha. I always have my doubts about megamods because they easily fall into the "shove as much shit into the game as you can" pitfall. And while Old Storyline Restoration Mod is based on the original story by GSC, Lost Alpha seems to be more of "STALKER like we thought it would be" which is a much less focused goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Axon1988
    Which mods would you recommend then Koki?
    All things considered, AMK-EN final with stashes in Random. Rare mode is probably my favourite. It's not perfect, but it works for me.

Sweet! Thanks Koki, here's to the endless replayability that is Stalker!

Clearinghouse
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-wa...ay-of-the-wolf

From the creator of Call of Pripyat: Redux comes the first total conversion modification for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, bringing the Southern Zone into the modern Call of Pripyat engine!
    Way of the Wolf will be set prior to the events of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, prior to the Great Emission that radically changed the look of the Zone. The Southern Zone will form the basis of the mod, with the player taking the role of everyone's favourite rookie-trainer, Wolf, in his slightly younger days. Familiar locations such as the Cordon, Agroprom Research Institute and Rostok are making a triumphant return!
    Corrupt Ukrainian army officials trade with illegal Stalkers at the border of the Zone of Alienation, selling surplus military supplies under the table to make cash on the side. Largely tolerant of Stalkers, regular soldiers will not fire upon them unless provoked. The same cannot be said for Spetsnaz units sent deeper into the Zone.
    The fanatical Monolith faction have very recently left for the Zone's centre, and sightings have been seen of roving members returning from beyond the Barrier highly agitated and hostile.
    The Clear Sky faction is yet to reveal itself to the world - its home in the Great Swamps is as yet inaccessible thanks to large amounts of anomalous activity.
    Way of the Wolf will be a largely free-play gameplay experience, utilising the side-mission system of Call of Pripyat to great effect.

Taking a break
    Announced just now? So we can expect it in 2013-2014?

At least it's on CoP engine.

I've also seen this mod. It looks interesting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this progresses, or dies a silent death.

Taking a break
    Respawn Population Management for STALKER SoC
    version 1.0, released 2010/08/02
    A Minimod by NatVac

Compatible with patch versions 1.0001 through 1.0006

This modification of the original GSC respawn code adds
    persistence to the save games to remember the times that
    each respawner actually spawned something. Respawners
    will use a random delay before becoming ready to respawn
    again, and the range of delay times is adjustable.

In vanilla, every time you load a save or change levels,
    the game's respawners are all activated, because the
    respawn delay is reset to zero and that is less than the
    current game time.
    Finally

artistpavel is already planning to include it in the next Complete release.

Oh man, that's wonderful news! Sweet!

I've been playing with Stalker Complete 2009. This mod seriously kicks ass. But it is probably vastly outdated compared to ZRP by now, though.

If this mod does not have a winter included already, it should. Many stalkers play around in the zone for months at a time, GSC never even imagined people would have the patience.
    Last edited by Bjossi; 21st Jan 2011 at 16:49.

Respawn Population Management for STALKER SoC
    version 1.0, released 2010/08/02
    A Minimod by NatVac

Compatible with patch versions 1.0001 through 1.0006

This modification of the original GSC respawn code adds
    persistence to the save games to remember the times that
    each respawner actually spawned something. Respawners
    will use a random delay before becoming ready to respawn
    again, and the range of delay times is adjustable.

In vanilla, every time you load a save or change levels,
    the game's respawners are all activated, because the
    respawn delay is reset to zero and that is less than the
    current game time.

And AFAIR, a few years ago GSC said it wasn't possible to patch that.

So if I understood correctly, stealth approach (f.e. Agroprom at night) is now possible, because if detected, on reload of a save (made when you still was undetected) all nearby enemies won't be aware of you as it should be?

Taking a break
    Er, no. That's totally different. It's about not having to fight Bandits every fucking time you're getting to Agroprom and back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjossi View Post
    I've been playing with Stalker Complete 2009. This mod seriously kicks ass. But it is probably vastly outdated compared to ZRP by now, though.
    All Complete mods include newest bugfixes.

Going from Red Forest to Pripyat is another annoyance, I don't even have to be in Pripyat for 5 minutes without having to deal with at least a few monolith when returning to Red Forest.