TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Crooked Town (28 April 2010)

Well, if he's gotten the rare spice, down at the bottom, follow the track where the burning burrick is. You can jump onto a ledge to avoid him, wait for him to pass, the continue onward. I played on hard BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Ricebug
    But russian.zip is still the same as before, not the fixed one.
    I must have lost it somewhere. Email it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Dragon View Post
    I experienced the same bug with that campfire.
    This was a known bug during testing. The only way I found to stop the burrick BBQ was to let them see you.

congratulations on the release! I really like the architecture of the ruins at the beginning, so often (even in the OMs) they were just off-kilter rectangles, but these look like buildings that actually sunk into the ground... in the mines, what is the purpose of the metal tram that goes across the lava flow?
    finished with 2/3 secrets!

so in part 2, where is the key for the West Gate? the information about Crooked Town?
    also, is it possible to get into the police station, the church, or Chancey's dining room?
    I was holding out for a better deal on the angel, but I guess I'll have to accept the 20g, or however little it is since this guy's the only game in town. odd that he paid me before I gave him the angel

Congrats on the release! Will be playing it soon.

I'm trying to find the west gate key myself. I can answer for MrMunkeepants, the information about Crooked Town. Where the mech beast is, there is another gate by him, look around that area, carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    I'm trying to find the west gate key myself. I can answer for MrMunkeepants, the information about Crooked Town. Where the mech beast is, there is another gate by him, look around that area, carefully.
    I'm playing on easy, there is only one Mech beast and it is behind the "off limits" sign just north of the mansion. I did find the information, though, in an abandoned construction site I had totally overlooked. now I also need to find and kill Rene'e...

I am also stuck Trying to find the West Gate Key which I think is in the Police Station. I can see guards in the upstairs windows. I can open one of the inside doors from the outside front door but I still haven't found a way in. I also need to pocket one more purse from a police guard and the only ones left are inside that station

I finally found a whole area that I didn't explore. As usual I find a door early on that I need a key for and forget all about it as I progress through the mission. Almost done now. This was a very good mission.
    Last edited by bedwine; 30th Apr 2010 at 05:59.

bedwine & Broken Arts - In the area with the very tall buildings / very long drops (north of where the thief lives at the top of all those ramps) head to the n-e & work your way down the other side of a gate. Go through a metal door there & basically 'follow your nose' until you find a lift at the end of a crooked tunnel. And, yes, the West Gate key is in the Police Station.

That construction with the thieves' house at the top was remarkable - don't think I've ever seen anything like that before.
    Really enjoyed romping through this one in mission 2, in particular, just kept finding more & more areas to explore: always like this & it reminded me a bit of bbb's Three Crowns in that regard.
    (I'm very much hoping this will break me out of the damn burn-out I've been suffering !)
    There were lots of inaccessible places, but I figure you went as far with it as you wanted / were prepared to.

Thanx very much for this fun mission & very sorry to here that this is your last FM - then again, who knows what the future will bring?
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 30th Apr 2010 at 02:13.

Sticky Fingers:
    so do you mean "from the top of the ramp, go NE?" that puts me behind the armory & police station, and the only gate goes behind the warehouse. I don't see any tunnels back there. can you give a more direct hint/plain old directions?

MrMunkeepants - the place I referred to is a long way from the Police Station & Warehouse area. Basically, head west up the ramp from that area & look for a tunnel entrance on the south side - very hard to describe after that; just keep exploring, & you'll eventually loop back to the Police Station (as hard as that may be to believe at times ).

okay, I thought that was the wrong area. I'll need to check the tunnel out again. down that way is a town, a park, and the abandoned construction site I mentioned earlier. in case I can't find it, where do I need to look? hey, that sewer lid is frobbable. now let's go see about some... oh. ramps. when you said "theif," I thought you meant "fence." obviously not

this is a very nice pair of missions, Ricebug, it would be a shame it they really were your last. unless you're moving over to Dark mod, in which case; go have fun!
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 30th Apr 2010 at 03:36. Reason: I'm dumb

Errr...I'm still stuck on mission 1...where is the evidence to who killed the mother and daughter?

Glad you found your way, MrMunkeePants - wasn't looking forward to attempting to describe that

Stuck in fenced-in pond area

I'm stuck with no way out! I read the warning sign and expected a fast ride, but the boat moves slow as a burrick until it bumps into the cave wall. There's no way out from there that I can find. I can't go back through the gate because I don't have a key - I got in by climbing and jumping.

I was barbequeing burricks last night! I made a little noise to try and draw the pagans into an area of dark shadow, and the burricks went nuts! One of them trampled a pagan, then pushed another on into the fire, and got roasted himself in the process along with the third one who also got trapped in the fire. Sure made my job easy! Good thing we can't smell the stuff in Garrett's world.

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    I'm stuck with no way out! I read the warning sign and expected a fast ride, but the boat moves slow as a burrick until it bumps into the cave wall.
    Did you find the angel statue? (This objective appears once the elevator in the pagan village reaches the top.) Go back to the house where you found the gate key.

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    I'm stuck with no way out! I read the warning sign and expected a fast ride, but the boat moves slow as a burrick until it bumps into the cave wall. There's no way out from there that I can find. I can't go back through the gate because I don't have a key - I got in by climbing and jumping.
    Hmm, well the mission should end. Have you completed all objectives?

During testing we found that the Bounds Trigger which activates the boat was sometimes unreliable. That's why I posted the "quick save" sign. If all other objectives are done, jump into the boat. If it doesn't move, try crouching and moving a bit forward. It should then begin to move.

I tried to avoid the Bounds Trigger by adding a button on a post, but this looked too cheesy.

This has been a really fun FM Ricebug. So many different elements to it. I love it. Well done, loads of fun to play. I hope someday you may consider taking on dromhead again, or dark mod. We love your FM's.

I'm on my way again, this FM is like the energizer bunny, it just keeps going and going.

Version 2

I've updated Crooked Town to version 2. The Russian files were all dorked up. D/L here.

Finished the mission, that was a lot of fun! Loved all the different areas. Well done Ricebug, thanks for all your hard work through out the years.

Thank you Ricebug

Thank you for digging up the opera fellow, he has been sorely missed over the years.
    Sadly he seems to be forgotton by most people.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

Ricebug please do not say it is your final FM.(even if it is so)
    It sounds so... final!

So finished Mission 1

but I am missed 1 secret
    I searched the whole Mission several times ............ but still 2/3 secrets

I got
    the chest in the underwater town area
    and the speed poison above the hills in the village

Can anyone please tell me where the last one is ???