TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Crooked Town (28 April 2010)

There are only 2 secrets in the 1st mission and 1 in the 2nd mission. I could never figure out that DromEd quirk, even after doing everything suggested on the editing forum.

Ok Thanks ............ now I can start the 2nd Part

Mission 1 on easy where is the body of the wife please ? I have found the readable by the burricks thanks

Okay I'm stuck! I have all objectives except leaving by the west gate. I need the key and the way out. I have been through the theifs ramp house...awesome structure to look at by the way. I went past the 2 buildings with the mech bots and then jumped to the buildings for roof climbing. I made it to the ground, and went through the gate with the broken lever..lol I searched this whole area that is patroled by 2 mech bots and found the window that leads to a lift back to the roof tops. I can go up about 4 staircase like balcony roofs and then I am stuck. I did read the thread and it didn't help. I have jumped and climbed everywhere. Wheres the key and the way out? By way out I mean out of this area. I know I'm missing something simple. Thanks for any help!

Stingm, IIRC the exit is at ground level in the smaller area behind the big gate that doesn't fully open - pretty much furthest corner from where you came in to the town..

If the big gate's closed, you can get in that area from the top of that lift: get onto some railings nearby and then jump over to a building ledge before finding a place to drop down - took a few health points damage but worked for me!

Gets you back to police station and area with west gate. Key could've been on guy's belt in same area?- nope in police station!
    Last edited by Sagittal; 5th May 2010 at 06:56. Reason: correct key location

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Help.
    spoiler:
    went through the pagan village and found the boat. It goes forward a bit and stops in a cave. I don't see a way to proceed further.

OK..I missed
    spoiler:
    the information scroll one of the pagan's had...the dead end is the mission end.

On to part 2.
    I got the pagan scroll but when i take the boat i get stuck. I'm playing on normal, got the key and the angel, knocked everyone out except for the 2 by the fire. I used the noisemaker arrow and got them to die in the fire. What else am i missing here?

Be sure ALL of your objectives are checked off BEFORE you take that boat ride, or else it won't work. Do you have anything left to do?

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73 View Post
    I got the pagan scroll but when i take the boat i get stuck. I'm playing on normal, got the key and the angel, knocked everyone out except for the 2 by the fire. I used the noisemaker arrow and got them to die in the fire. What else am i missing here?
    I can tell you what your are missing but not where to find it as I cannot and I am stuck on the same place if you cheat and go to part 2 you discover you need to find a letter on the body of the lords wife in part 1

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Be sure ALL of your objectives are checked off BEFORE you take that boat ride, or else it won't work. Do you have anything left to do?
    Yea, find the woman and her daughter. Where are they though?

EDIT: Nevermind, i found them. I had to go all the way back to the big room with the sunken town.
    Last edited by ciscokidd73; 5th May 2010 at 15:53.

Well I finished! I know why I missed that door. I came off the roof tops in that smaller area and went to the lever and into the other. The complete opposite of what was intended..lol

Great mission Ricebug! Wish you weren't quitting as I have enjoyed all your missions.

Was there anything to the note about jumping from the roof of the church?

I wish you weren't quitting too

Can I change your mind by telling you I'll be here to test every mission you'll make in the future
    I hope you'll stay .... take some time off but get back here please .... PLEASE ???

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Need some Help !!!

Where is Lord Chaney?

Have you been in his house yet? You don't actually *meet* him. Just put the letter on his desk in his bedroom.

Clearinghouse
    In trap

that was an excellent mission set. I am really saddened that you say it will be your last.

My wife has been extremely patient with me while I sat for hours with DromEd. She hates it.

Making an FM is a tremendous amount of work. The beta-testing is nerve-wracking. You get irritable during all of this. Then, when you finally post it for public release, you lose a night's sleep wondering if the thing is broken. You get up in the morning, expecting to see negative posts. You click on that first post with a trembling mouse...

Nah...I've had it. Can't do it. Burned out. Writer's block. Now, I have time to write walkthroughs for the other FMs. This is much more enjoyable.

The only other thing I will most likely do is consolidate the Strife missions into one campaign.

Our loss. Nuts.

Sounds like you need more of a break than anything. Time off for good behavior. You can come back someday, we'll let ya.

Ricebug,

Nice mission!

I had to swallow my heart, when all the haunts showed up!

Ok, I am embarrassingly stuck at the beginning.

I'm in the lava factory. . thingy/place and I've found the Maintainence key, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else I can go. There's a huge cart thingy above me going back and forth but I don't see any way up there. Where is the door that this key opens?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it! I was able to get to the ladder on the far wall. Man, this part feels like I'm playing a level in Legend of Zelda.
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 11th May 2010 at 03:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    My wife has been extremely patient with me while I sat for hours with DromEd. She hates it.

Making an FM is a tremendous amount of work. The beta-testing is nerve-wracking. You get irritable during all of this. Then, when you finally post it for public release, you lose a night's sleep wondering if the thing is broken. You get up in the morning, expecting to see negative posts. You click on that first post with a trembling mouse...

Nah...I've had it. Can't do it. Burned out. Writer's block. Now, I have time to write walkthroughs for the other FMs. This is much more enjoyable.

The only other thing I will most likely do is consolidate the Strife missions into one campaign.
    I'm glad yuo're not leaving us than
    I tried to create a mission of my own, but right now I lack some technical knowlegde and time, since I'm betatesting a lot.
    I've got lots of idea's, but .....

I understand your wife very well. You made the right choice here!!!
    I must say my husband is very considerate of me playing FM's an Betatesting them a lot.
    He once had his own "thing": Flying Apache helicopters
    No, not really, just on the PC, but he is done now. I'm NOT!

Anyway: I'm glad to be one of your testers!
    Thanks for your trust in me!

Gloria Creep
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 12th May 2010 at 18:34.
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

The maintenance key doesn't unlock the mine gate near the ladder (after getting the blackjack)? Got up to the lava beast, but that was a dead end.
    Last edited by Printer's Devil; 12th May 2010 at 22:39.

Sounds like you're missing the Crane Door key Printer's Devil.

Did you visit Elmer the Giant? If/when you take the mine cart, get to the gap and over it you reach an elevator and a gate switch. Use both and descend to find Elmer.

Just finished.
    Fun and easy little mission, thank you so much!
    I like all of your missions.

Stunning architecture in lava room, i almost got heart stop when looking down from the rope
    In part 1, i liked the episode when lava burrick chased me, but then it got his eye on the green orc with a Bj, he desiried to help me insted.
    seems burrick was very satisfied of that action

Any hints on the secret in mission 2, please ?
    Also, I am missing 100. Is it the candles in the Lords locked dining room ?
    How to get there ?

Very nice mission! Sad to hear another author wants to retire.