TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mech Angelo T2 FM Nov/10

I need a better hint.

spoiler:

I thought that one of the haunts might have it...

It's on the altar

btw: I jumped down the lava pit it's just water
    Last edited by fibanocci; 12th Nov 2010 at 07:43.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post
    There is a strange square moon.
    You don't have DDFix installed, or else it's not installed properly.

Finished it, nice mission! Beautiful textures, sky, a good story and I liked very much the statues. I had a little FPS problem around the pagan temple but not too pernicious. Took 59' 39" for me but I'm short with some loots and a secret so I need to go back and find it .
    Thanks Ricebug!

Ricebug: This was a lot of fun!! I about jumped out of my chair when I grabbed the axe!!

Thanx for the release!! Ihave always enjoyed your work!

Any real thief would take the painter's pay and KEEP it, not doing some good Samaritan act hehe. I guess only the thought counts

When you drop the cash on the dresser, pick it up and leave with it, you dirty thief you

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post

When you drop the cash on the dresser, pick it up and leave with it, you dirty thief you
    That's what I did

Finished.

Nice music at end with the spinning newspaper.

I am still quite puzzled about the sqaure moon and the boats in the sky sailing away from it.

Is this some kind of symbolism?

Please explain.

OldMeat: Ricebug explained the square moon phenomenon a few posts back. The version for installations without DDFix is in the Xtras folder.

Thank you Ricebug and FFox.

Old age I guess, I skipped right by Ricebug's explanation.

I thought I had the DDFix installed, but it is not in my game folder for some reason.

I do not know if something else removed it upon installation, or it was overwritten somehow.

This one was a lot of fun! I had a great time exploring it and only ended up short 100g. Thanks, Ricebug!

Great FM, Ricebug. I like the cathedral ceiling, final surprise and video, and destroying robots, blackjacking the city...

I have found some secrets but they don't count...
    OOPS !!!: they count perfectly.
    Last edited by Aspirin; 12th Nov 2010 at 17:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    I have found some secrets but they don't count...
    OOPS !!!: they count perfectly.
    Odd that you mention this.
    I have problems with the secrets as well.
    I got 2/3 for sure since I got the special sound and visual indication, too.
    Then I Ctrl-Alt-Shift-Del in order to see in the stats how much I might be missing.
    After that I reloaded and went looking for the last secret and the last 200g loot.
    I found all the loot and I *think* I found the last secret, but did not get any indication of having found a secret.
    I finished with 100% loot, but zero/3 secrets ???
    Where did they go ???

As for the last secret: I think you would need to
    open a gate, but I did not find a switch. So I climbed a fence and got into that area and out again with the loot..
    But I did not get any indication that this was the right way to get there.

Was that wrong ? Is there another way ?

Anyway: a fine mission !
    Last edited by gnartsch; 12th Nov 2010 at 20:27.

Yep, exactly the same for me - finished initially with 2/3 secrets and 100g short on loot. Went back, found the last 100g loot but then the finishing stats gave 0/3 secrets. Felt as if where I had found the loot could qualify as a secret - plus I found a switch to get out of the area a different way. Not a problem, just intrigued whether there's still a secret to find.

Great to see you back with a new mission Ricebug! Really enjoyed it - particularly the interesting area with the elephants and the eco-bots . Didn't get the significance of the title until I saw the chapel ceiling .

I see I saw right: secrets counted 0/3 (when 1 secret found), but finally 3/3.

SECRETS (SPOILER !!!):
    - dewdrop behind fence
    - dining room, behind banner
    - the outer way to the elevator, climb down ladder, search corners...

Thanks Aspirin - as long as you get that 100g loot first, (dodging the friends) , before finding any of the secrets, all works fine and all secrets indicate and 3/3 shows at the end.

Edit: no, seems the problem with secrets resetting isn't when you get the loot - something else?
    Last edited by Sagittal; 13th Nov 2010 at 08:16. Reason: correction

I reloaded the mission today.
    Stats said 0/3.
    I had found #2 & #3 from Aspirins list.
    Went back to find #1 and the switch mentioned by Sagittal.
    Not sure which one is the secret, because none of both gave the indication 'Secret found!'.
    However, the stats changed to 1/3.

Saggital, in case you are right about getting these 100g loot first,
    then this would explain it for me, since I found these after finding 2 secrets.
    If not, maybe its because I explored the entire 'Exit' area (knocking out all AI & bots) at about the same time?
    Anyhow, something resets the counter obviously.

According to the stats I finally finished with 1/3.
    So, they did not change back to the right value for me.

Errm... no I am definitely not confident now having checked?

I managed to use a saved game where I already had the 2 earlier secrets but not the 100g loot: went to get the loot and exited the town gate - all was fine (3/3 secrets)? I guess there must be another reason the secrets get reset to 0 but I can't work it out. I played through again (having started getting the 100 loot) and got the 3/3 secrets OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    I guess there must be another reason the secrets get reset to 0 but I can't work it out.
    Well done! You've found a bug that wasn't fixed during testing; it happened to SirFreddieM but because there were other problems with the secrets this one was missed. Every time you cross the starting point (or pass very close to it) the secrets found is reset to zero!

down in crypt, cannot figure out what to do

I am in the crypt, see the holders for talismans, but not sure where to start looking for them.

a hint please
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Shadowcrawler: You need to go outdoors.

still stuck

Ok,outdoors, can see townspeople on other side of fence. cannot get past locked gate. no key.

still need a hint or push in right direction.

thank you
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Shadowcrawler: outdoors means outdoors of the crypt. Look around the crypt.

crypt

ok, I must be dense today, where exaclty should I go? I climbed back out to where the two giant status are at the top of the stairs., If I go past I make it to the chapel.

If I go back to the talisman holders I am still stuck. outside near beginning I find nothing. Outside between bldings where you can see town is nothing.

need some more hints. maybe I totally spaced and missed something.

Shadowcrawler: once more the same hint: search the crypt with talisman holders !!! Can you find the door size like a gate ? If not maybe visit of eye doctor would be helpfull...