TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This week, I've been mostly doing...

Oh yeah, I just went through that quest line this past weekend, really enjoyed the whole set. If you're really stumped on how to get into that one you can check out the wiki or ask here. I don't think it's a spoiler to say this, just an extremely vague hint, but just in case you don't want any of it whatsoever - access to that dungeon isn't granted within that specific questline on its own. Just as a heads-up.

I've been playing the role of the ranger and trying to discover as many locations as possible, and looking for out-of-the-way, hard to reach places, especially on the fringes of the map. There are definitely some areas that you can reach that you initially say "there's no way up/through there."

I've clocked 43 hours already, and I feel like I've only walked through about half the world, and my quest log looks like wikipedia. Good lord this game is huge.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostriig View Post
    Oh yeah, I just went through that quest line this past weekend, really enjoyed the whole set. If you're really stumped on how to get into that one you can check out the wiki or ask here. I don't think it's a spoiler to say this, just an extremely vague hint, but just in case you don't want any of it whatsoever - access to that dungeon isn't granted within that specific questline on its own. Just as a heads-up.
    Yeah, give me a better hint. I don't wanna hit up the wiki for full on spoilerage, but I'd like to have something more to go on. I'm kinda anxious to get in there.

A less vague hint, but not quite outright.
    spoiler:
    It's a dwemer ruin that's being actively excavated. Dwemer ruins are of interest mainly to mages and academics. Should be some mage/academics around.

Sure thing. I suggest you mosey on up to the College of Winterhold and start getting yourself an education, young man. Sooner than you know the things you want in life will start happening for you and you'll start going places. Well, at least one thing.

Edit: Beat to it. Phatose's is less explicit, mine gives you a little more direction on that stage. Reveal at your leisure, old sport.
    Last edited by Ostriig; 22nd Nov 2011 at 13:28. Reason: And with that, I'm closing in on finishing my work day...

Quote Originally Posted by fett View Post
    Too bad this isn't multiplayer. We could all patronize Mrs. Ulukai's "business."
    Hey, leave my virtual wife out of this

TBH though, think she can look after herself - before we were married I encountered her legging it down some random icy road in the wilderness towards a couple of bears so I think unwanted advances are the least of her worries.

Moderator and Priest
    Phatose, Ostriig, thanks! Since I'm playing a magic-free character, the Mages College would've been one of the last places I looked. My first guess would've been the new museum that opened up in Dawnstar, since I got the invitation to it shortly after starting the quest line.

- clearing a cave of some ghost lord harvesting human sacrifices

Also, I should find some time to upload my screenshots I'm collecting...

- Solving Morthal Vampire Problem...
    - Marry Ysolda from Whiterun ( I wanted Carlotta Valentia, but she only cares for her child)
    - Figure out wich house my wife sleeps in the same bed as me (Turns out it was in Windhelm, in the others she slept in the "slave quarters"
    - Attempt to murder a Greybeard, with desastrous consequences.....

- Finding some shards that I didn't anticipate to find
    - Running across a Spriggan (!) It was a rainy thunderstorm in the woods, and this being still could sense me meters away - scary.

-Had a bounty placed on my head for the murder of a chicken.

-Had that bounty promptly removed when I killed the last witness to the chicken's murder. Very easy, as the chicken was the only witness.

-Discovered that with heavy perk usage, 100 skill and a little recreational potion use, I could make a set of equipment that made all destruction spells cost 0 mana.

-Bought a very expensive house, only to find out the upgrades remove half the storage options from the basement.

-Realized that 84 hours into the game, there are still entire cities I haven't stepped foot it.

Has anyone seen those black doors that ask riddles? I found one and it scared the crap outta me when it talked to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    Has anyone seen those black doors that ask riddles? I found one and it scared the crap outta me when it talked to me.
    I live behind one of those. It's nice. I bought a torture chamber, and it came with free victims.
    Last edited by Phatose; 24th Nov 2011 at 00:09.

Those doors will open for you if you can answer their questions correctly.

Where are the doors please? I haven't come across them yet. Sounds like fun.

West of Falkreath and north of Dawnstar.

The actual quest line they're connected to though, starts in Windhelm.

Thanks! I've just started some Windhelm quests (don't want to become a werewolf just yet).

Taking a break
    This week I've been actually contemplating buying the game. Despite all it's mechanical faults and cut content. Gods help me.

The Nordic gods frown upon your pirating ways!

Taking a break
    lol, I just checked Steam and shit's "unavailable in your region".

But wasn't a patch released days ago that locks the game to Steam?

What the fuck?

[Edit]What if someone gifted it to me, would that work?
    Last edited by Koki; 25th Nov 2011 at 10:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    lol, I just checked Steam and shit's "unavailable in your region".
    Move to a better region.

Perhaps you should take a big cup of shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    [Edit]What if someone gifted it to me, would that work?
    I think it might. I believe that's how Sulphur got Fallout: New Vegas in India.

- Fighting a dragon again! But this one made the mistake of attacking a woodelf in the woods.
    - Helping a hunter to regain his honor
    - Running into a daunting fire trap
    - Finding some sexy armor (shot will follow as soon as I find the proper canvas)
    - Regaining something others thought they would

is Best Pony
    - Caving in and buying the game.