TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED T2 FM: Finals at the Academy - v2.0 May 6 2012

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    You need to get back to your current objective: "Find and read the Grimoria Necromantica." So, what have you found that might tell you where that is? Maybe look in the Library area? Is there a book check out record anywhere? Once you know where the Grimoire is supposed to be, you will need to figure out how to get in there . . . Just try to tackle your objectives logically and look for clues where they might logically be found.
    But ive been in the library and read all books there, what ive i missed Larry?

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    But ive been in the library and read all books there, what ive i missed Larry?
    Hint 1: Look in the Front Office, next to the Library

You know how to work the file cabinets and other special containers in the mission from reading the README in DL or GL at mission start?
    "In this mission there is a money box which you can pick up, put down, and then unlock and open. File cabinets, dressers, and wardrobes have drawers you can open and look inside. Dresser drawers work like other containers, footlockers say. If anything is inside, when you frob to open them you get the contents, if any, in your inventory to inspect and decide whether to keep or discard. When you open wardrobe doors, wardrobes can have things hidden inside like a safe, or can give you their contents like a footlocker, or they can do both. File cabinets act like real world file cabinets. You have to open them to look at the files. The 1st frob opens the drawer selected. If there are contents that Garrett wants to read, the 2nd frob reads the files inside, otherwise it closes the drawer. If there were files inside, then the 3rd frob closes the drawer. File drawers can also act like containers, so a 1st frob may deliver an item into your inventory. Just because it does this does not mean there is nothing to read inside; thats an independent issue. My suggestion is to always close file cabinet drawers after you open them."
    So, Hint 2: Look in the Files for Library Book Checkout Cards

If you still need a spoiler, PM me. I'm guessing you didn't realize that the files were more than props. That and if English is not your native language--right?--that all these readings are especially hard to wade through.
    Last edited by LarryG; 28th Dec 2011 at 07:26.

Enjoying this one, but I'm a bit stuck...

I've Been everywhere in the catacombs maze, silenced the baby and been to the exhibition area (via the passage).

I have 3 keys on my ring (must have got Coleman's - coz I can't find it on the door frame), but can't open the window lock. KO'd every one. Got 1150 loot.

What do I do now ? I'm missing P14 and the left of P22 of Garrett's log and have the Ritual objective left. The gate at the far side of the endless stairs is also closed.

Hi LarryG,

I'm going to reply the FM on higher difficulty level. Now I have a couple of questions:

Could you please tell me how many hidden/bonus objectives there are in total? I have 3 so far: (wrench / all magic potions / Boones tales). And I have all 6 optional objectives.

Is there anything to do with all the other collected items like blackboard eraser, axe, bell of wisdom, knife, darner, teddy, love poems, a.s.o.?
    (As for the [SPOIL]love poems: I tried to deposit them next to the sleeping lady - with no result.)[SPOIL]

Are you planning to give out a lootlist? Because I'm missing over 1200 loot and 1 secret. That is inacceptable .

Thanks in advance and Greetings
    Urumo
    Last edited by Urumo; 28th Dec 2011 at 11:04.

frobbin hood: If you have been to the Exhibitions Room you won't need the staircase key.

Search the maze more thoroughly. There is a lot of loot in there.

Then get to the top of the endless stairs. (That gate doesn't open.)

OK ffox, I'm on it, thanks.

btw Where do I find Rupert ?

You'll find him in the Maze if you explore thoroughly.

After you do the "glyph thing", an objective I had not completed yet is cancelled and things change. Is it better to leave the "glyph thing", finish exploring and getting the objective completed and THEN do the glyph thing or doesn't it matter?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th Dec 2011 at 18:29. Reason: added spoiler cover

How do I get up the endless stairs and where is something to give the crying baby?

Thanks Nightwalker. I'd seen him before, but didn't realise who he was !

Kittykat:
    See earlier posts. Take the lift down from near the baby room. Find another way to the maze and search the sarcophagus area.

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    Could you please tell me how many hidden/bonus objectives there are in total? I have 3 so far: (wrench / all magic potions / Boones tales).
    Yep those are the three. I should probably had one or two more: Complete all Bonus Objectives, and Complete all Optional Objectives. But I didn't think to do that.

And I have all 6 optional objectives.
    Yep only six

Is there anything to do with all the other collected items like blackboard eraser, axe, bell of wisdom, knife, darner, teddy, love poems, a.s.o.?
    Only the bell of wisdom. To understand when/how to use it look at the babblefish teaching. ... a.s.o. = ??? what?

(As for the love poems: I tried to deposit them next to the sleeping lady - with no result.)
    I thought about something like that, but never implemented it. Their relationship was doomed anyway. So sad.

Are you planning to give out a lootlist? Because I'm missing over 1200 loot and 1 secret. That is inacceptable .
    I am. If you want an advance copy that you won't distribute until I make it public, PM me & I'll send it along. As to the secret, did you find the treasure chamber with all the gold statuettes?

Larry,

"a.s.o" = mirrors, hair brushes, ball, teddy, glasses, doll.

I think I missed that treasure chamber.

See PM.

Greetings
    Urumo

Quote Originally Posted by joanieS View Post
    After you do the "glyph thing", an objective I had not completed yet is cancelled and things change. Is it better to leave the "glyph thing", finish exploring and getting the objective completed and THEN do the glyph thing or doesn't it matter?
    It's up to you. You can do things before or after. You will never be able to complete the Grimoire objective because Ohlm has other ideas, and once "things change" there is not point to the other two objectives you had, so they get canceled too. The mission is pretty open about how/when you want to explore.

PS. Please add spoiler tags to your post as I did when quoting you. Thanks.

It's up to you. You can do things before or after. You will never be able to complete the Grimoire objective because Ohlm has other ideas, and once "things change" there is not point to the other two objectives you had, so they get canceled too. The mission is pretty open about how/when you want to explore.

PS. Please add spoiler tags to your post as I did when quoting you. Thanks.
    Thanks and sorry. I didn't realize that needed a spoiler camouflage.

I finally cracked the scriptorium clock glyph code with the help of this thread and a mnemonic note found under 'Puss' to get in the attic to try and read the scary grim book, but I could not find a key to either the lock under the window above the scriptorium in the staircase or a key to the scary Gremoria Necromantica book, so I used the lock pick set and when the book unlocked it nearly killed by draining most of my health points with an angry dissembodied voice telling me to fix things.

Is this normal? Is there a way to avoid this?

I looked above doorways in all the elder's living quarters and I think I came across a key earlier there, but I think I already may have used it and it disappeared. Is there another way to open the Gremoria Necromantica and where is the key to the staircase window?

Quote Originally Posted by OldMeat View Post
    ... Is this normal? Is there a way to avoid this?
    This is normal. The only way to avoid this is to stop playing the FM. You just experienced the central plot twist where the mission goes off in a direction that (hopefully) you had not anticipated.

I looked above doorways in all the elder's living quarters and I think I came across a key earlier there, but I think I already may have used it and it disappeared.
    Most keys go onto Garrett's keyring. I was aware that there would be lots of stuff that people might keep in their inventory and I did what I could here to cut down on the miscellaneous keys by having them all go onto the keyring object. Only really special keys don't go onto it.

Is there another way to open the Gremoria Necromantica ...
    No.

... and where is the key to the staircase window?
    Hint #1:Think about which elder would have access as part of his / her normal duties. Then search diligently in those offices and/or residential rooms

Also: 2. In this mission I tried hard to provide multiple ways to get to the same places. So ... if you can't find what you need, explore other areas that might lead there ...

Hint #2: The headmaster should be able to go anywhere in the building.

Hint #3: The headmaster has 2 areas that he walks between, an administration office and a residential apartment. You should check out both very carefully. It is very well hidden.

If you need more, PM me.

Well done!

Hi LarryG,

Just completed your FM with a shockingly low loot total (will have to do better!). Just wanted to say congrats on the release and thank you for this great mission.

You've created something beautiful to look at and there are lots of neat little things in there that amused me The Azaran book memo made me chuckle!, and I loved the bird in the cage and the flying toy thing that belched when turned on.

Cheers mate!

C

Ok I give up. Just how am I supposed to grab the scroll? (expert)

@ Cetus: Thanks for the kind words! I tried to put as many little fun gewgaws into the mission as I could so that each time you come back to it there might be new things to notice and enjoy and play with even though the mission plot is no longer new.
    Last edited by LarryG; 28th Dec 2011 at 21:45. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Ok I give up. Just how am I supposed to grab the scroll? (expert)
    Did I say that I wanted Expert to challenge the real experts like you? Well, That was one of my personal mission objectives! I guess I can check that off on my list.

OK.

Hint #1: This is a well known technique just applied out of the usual context.

Hint #2: if you can't go to it where it is, can you move it to where you can get to it?
    Last edited by LarryG; 28th Dec 2011 at 19:03.

Attic:

Someone please spoil me outright with what glyph symbol you are supposed to press and in what order.
    No little gimmicks or hints. Just plain language relative to clock hours:

"Press the symbol for 3o'clcok, then the symbol for 6'o-clock, etc".

I know the symbols from the clock are involved, but I can't match up what's in the hint to them. I mean, what is a "Necromancer"? What is an "Archer?". I sort of see a symbol that looks like an archer... but you said there would be no guesswork involved. Is there a clock symbol decoder readable that I am missing?

Remember ... outright spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    Attic:

Someone please spoil me outright with what glyph symbol you are supposed to press and in what order.
    No little gimmicks or hints. Just plain language relative to clock hours:

"Press the symbol for 3o'clcok, then the symbol for 6'o-clock, etc".

I know the symbols from the clock are involved, but I can't match up what's in the hint to them. I mean, what is a "Necromancer"? What is an "Archer?". I sort of see a symbol that looks like an archer... but you said there would be no guesswork involved. Is there a clock symbol decoder readable that I am missing?

Remember ... outright spoilers.

No outright spoilers in this thread. But I will PM you . . . done. And yes, you missed a clock symbol decoder poster in a classroom. Frob it.
    Last edited by LarryG; 28th Dec 2011 at 23:43.

No outright spoilers in this thread. But I will PM you . . . done. And yes, you missed a clock symbol decoder poster in a classroom. Frob it.
    Thank you for the PM, but why can't we be specific in this thread? What happens when you're not around and someone is at their wits end? They can't read someone else's PMs ... The true path through the FM needs to be documented publicly.. If not by the author, then by the fans.

Ok. Finally finished with all optionals and 1 bonus short. (Unfortunately, I accidentaly ate something I shouldn't have - only in Thief can you accidentally eat things !!)

Also 1 secret short - anyone got a complete list ?

Superb mission though, plenty of interest. Top job LarryG and thanks.

I'm stuck. I can't figure out the glyph puzzle, even though I think I have accessed every readable there is.

I'm with Elkston, I would welcome explicit spoilers on this forum, one which others can read if they wish.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 29th Dec 2011 at 10:28.