TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wasteland sequel likely

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, if you're going to do foliage, at least do it right. Gamebryo? *cringe*

Foliage seems ok in Skyrim. Anyway, I was just imagining how awesome the Fallout 3 setting would have been with realistic overgrowth.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Skyrim's Creation Engine might be iterative of 2006-2010's Bethesbryo, but it's still a pretty different animal. They gutted and rewrote a shit load of it. It's not fair to lump the two in together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Foliage seems ok in Skyrim. Anyway, I was just imagining how awesome the Fallout 3 setting would have been with realistic overgrowth.
    It's been done via a mod. Doesn't look too bad actually. There's also Fellout which gets rid of the green filter.

30 some hours to go, and they updated the $30 tier with extra stuff including another DRM free game download.

verbose douchebag
    That piece of art also makes me yearn for it to be a Fallout 3-esque world (as in the 3d, roaming nature of it, not actually anything like Fallout 3 in terms of gameplay). The foliage in Far Cry 2 (most recent CryEngine game I've played) was pretty damned great.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    That piece of art also makes me yearn for it to be a Fallout 3-esque world (as in the 3d, roaming nature of it, not actually anything like Fallout 3 in terms of gameplay). The foliage in Far Cry 2 (most recent CryEngine game I've played) was pretty damned great.
    An overgrown wasteland would be neat, but Far Cry 2 actually isn't the CryEngine since the game had nothing to do with Crytek. Instead they made a new engine in-house and then never released any tools, hence the lack of modding.

verbose douchebag
    Ah right. Still, I remember numerous times during that game just stopping and soaking up the atmosphere in the more jungle-like parts.

Assuming that the $100,000 from PayPal backers is separate to the Kickstarter total (as it seems unlikely that Kickstarter would be tracking that), then it looks like they've exceeded $3,000,000.

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    An overgrown wasteland would be neat, but Far Cry 2 actually isn't the CryEngine since the game had nothing to do with Crytek. Instead they made a new engine in-house and then never released any tools, hence the lack of modding.
    That's what I thought, but at least on Wikipedia they mention that the Dunia engine is based on the CryEngine, though heavily modified.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Assuming that the $100,000 from PayPal backers is separate to the Kickstarter total (as it seems unlikely that Kickstarter would be tracking that), then it looks like they've exceeded $3,000,000.
    Yes.

Now hiring engineers: experience working with Unity and amazing programming skills.
    "We are looking for experienced engineers and engineering interns."

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    It's been done via a mod. Doesn't look too bad actually. There's also Fellout which gets rid of the green filter.
    Ive always thought that this mod looked better.

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/13523

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    wtf? that looks terrible

Huh, that's actually the one mod I might have to try out. Would still like to see one that's more overgrown instead of "transplanted some trees from Oblivion into FO3" but that works for now.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    wtf? that looks terrible
    Really? I've always preferred the 'Their World' mod over the 'Greenworld' mod. Mostly because the 'greenworld' is too colorful for my tastes while 'their world' reminds me more of the dark and dreary overgrown areas from STALKER.

The Vision Document was released, non-pdf version.

Also, crowdsourcing for assets, forum link.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxerks View Post
    The Vision Document was released, non-pdf version.
    Quote Originally Posted by document
    RPG: RPGs havenít kept pace with time - they've regressed and even worse, taken pride in less role-playing than before. Important elements have been lost over time, sacrificed to technology, art constraints, voice-over expenses, and multi-platform console constraints.

ZylonBane
    Nerd cred fail.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Christ that title art just gives me the ragingest boner.

I hope the actual in-game artwork looks that good.

Wasteland 2 to include the original Wasteland - info link

Not too surprising. The original is like 3 kb isn't it?

Classical Master 2008
    Definitely smaller than your average screenshot.

And Lords of Midnight was 48k, which was a bit like fitting the Lord of the Rings on a coin. That's some programming.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Not too surprising. The original is like 3 kb isn't it?
    I don't think size is the deciding matter.

They own the rights to the wasteland name, but the first wasteland game?, that still belonged to EA as far as I know, they probably worked out a deal or purchased that.