TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Bad Hangover, April 15th, 2012 - an entry for the Reloaded Contest #2

What the hell. I can't read the signs again. And I do have tnh script. I even installed it again just to be sure but nothing. What's going on.

Did you start a new game?

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    What the hell. I can't read the signs again. And I do have tnh script. I even installed it again just to be sure but nothing. What's going on.

Hi Thor, are you using DarkLoader v4.1 ? Because Darkloader will install the scripts for you. Just curious.

Giving up on this one for now.

Well this is one of the few FM's that I simply cannot get to run on my pc. The framerate slows to a crawl, I can frob a piece of loot dozens and dozens of time to increase my total, and now when I go to use anything in my inventory everything disappears from my inventory and I crash to the desktop.
    For now I'm afraid I have to give up and wait to see if an update comes out that may help. I really wanted to play but for now it is too aggravating for me. I am glad though that most everyone else seems to be ok with it so it must be something unique to my setup. Probably only the second or third FM I ever gave up on.

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    Well this is one of the few FM's that I simply cannot get to run on my pc. The framerate slows to a crawl, I can frob a piece of loot dozens and dozens of time to increase my total, and now when I go to use anything in my inventory everything disappears from my inventory and I crash to the desktop.
    For now I'm afraid I have to give up and wait to see if an update comes out that may help. I really wanted to play but for now it is too aggravating for me. I am glad though that most everyone else seems to be ok with it so it must be something unique to my setup. Probably only the second or third FM I ever gave up on.
    Hi Bobber, thanks for hanging in there as long as you could. I think Brethren is busy working on an updated version.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Well that's better than my pc I think. But I don't use the EP or NTEX or high quality anything.

For the docks entrance though, it will fail unless you place the barrels and charge exactly. Otherwise you'll get a mission fail. You'll know if they're correctly placed because you can't pick them up again. Is it possible yours weren't properly placed?
    Maybe NTEX and the other high quality upgrades (sky, water) are eating too much ressources. Know some other mission, which use massive custom textures and make problems, when NTEX is active. EP works quite well with the most of the missions I have played. Will test the mission without enhancements, when I got time left.

Found the placement facts during my forum research (; Placed the two barrels and the charge correct; couldn't move or frob them. The second time, when the blowup finally happened, I placed barrels and charge like the first time.

Need some help!
    I've managed to explode the gate to the Stonemarket and partly lift it manually but still can't crawl under it! Some bug or just missed another puzzle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Aniza View Post
    Need some help!
    I've managed to explode the gate to the Stonemarket and partly lift it manually but still can't crawl under it! Some bug or just missed another puzzle?
    Are you crouching ? Crouch key? Try while crouching to backup a few steps and then move under it. The gate is only meant to be lifted up a bit. Just enough for Garrett to get under it.

I am definitely crouching unless there is a taffer's secret supercrouch button I don't know And what do you mean by "backing up a few steps"? To make a few steps back and then move forward? I think i've tried all possible crouching / creeping / crawling movements :..(
    Last edited by Sneaky Aniza; 2nd May 2012 at 16:19.

Just to be sure, try this: open the gate, move up to it until you can't move any farther and then lean into the gate, either forward or sideways. Can you lean past it or not?

To answer nickie: No I did not start a new game
    To answer darthsLair: I am using DLoader 4.3. (the newest I believe)
    But that is irrevelant. When I went in the game later again that day it magically worked. The older I get, the less the Universe makes sense. Oh well.

So I just wanted to say, Brethren, that this was a deviously brilliant FM (in depth I guess).

Why devious? Because it is so dense with puzzles and things I had to just find without hints (that I noticed anyway) and such that I just couldn't figure it all out. And some of the climbing had to make me question if it's really supposed to be done that way (like how I got into the inventor's home by lantern + jumping on the piece of cloth by the balcony). I could not for the life of my find the key to the City Watch's Storage, which was, as I read in here, in Norrington's Quarter (which I SITLL couldn't find for a good while!) Was this actually hinted somewhere? Cause I must've missed it then. Also I wish I would've wasted less time on the orange lock without having the 3rd lockpick cause I didn't then know yet that it's impossible.

Ehm, what else. I think there were a few bits like that and a useful map would've been greatly appreciated, but even with it's annoyances (that were probably caused by my stupidity) it was a brilliant FM. I really enjoyed the atmosphere that the thunderstormy rain made and that the falvour+hint readables added to. Walking around in circles trying to find something I missed, the thundering noise started to annoy me a lot, but I guess that's my own fault. Found it a bit too loud for a regular kind of thing.
    And I loved the inventor's character, being all inventory and stuff, enjoyin' whiskey (or whatever it was) with another fellow, a "down-to-earth guy". I enjoyed the flavour-hint mix readables like the one about magnetism, mentioning the electromagnet in the end and where Basso's note is left behind in the bunkhouse pointing out the third lockpick. It wasn't signed with "Basso" or anything, but I just knew it was him. Just like I knew the dead servant girl in the docks was Emilie (or what was her name). True, she had the key the bunkhouse guy was talking about but...
    the whole place just felt alive and thought out. You have quite a technical mind! And things made sense for the most part. All of this going together so well is what made the FM brilliant for me.

Kind of sad though that not even the ex-Captain with his Twin-Anchor tavern didn't make it out alive. And it was just a few hours ago... Oh well, dead is dead, I did like the guy though.

Btw, the inventor didn't make it out either, right? Couldn't quite get a sure fix on his corpse. Nobody made it out but us, right?

Also I did see the keeper too, though I don't think I triggered anything for him to be there. Keepers, right? Pfft, think they got it aaalll figured out.

Thor - thanks for the kind comments, your post made me smile a bit that someone got so much out of the mission. The FM is a bit of a mess in spots, I tried to cram a lot in, and obviously in some places it was too much. I did mention in the readme that climbing over buildings could break the mission. A couple of notes on some of your points:

Regarding getting into the City Watch storage: No key, you had to pick the red lock. The book on how to do this is in the bookstore. There's another storage nearby, near the store that got trashed, and owned by Elias Jordan. The key to the that storage is in an apartment you need to rope up to on Norrington Court. The hint is a crate at his storage which you can read the label on through the grate, it gives his address.

Regarding the orange lock: the lockpick book in the bookstore mentions you need a 3rd lockpick.

Re: The Captain, yeah, he didn't make it, but if he did, Garrett wouldn't have got that cool map, right?

Did you find the Old Guy the captain referenced? He's close to the Twin Anchors tavern too.

Re: The Inventor - He's a smart guy, he made it out, up into the mountains.

I figure there is some useful stuff in the pawnshop... but I cant find a way in... (if there is, its a bit too well camouflaged...)
    btw: that bit with the eye was a nice bit of extra creepiness..

Yes, well the worst spot for the player was I think the place where it was expected for the player to just walk through the fire just like that. (Well climb over it more like). Especially with Basso. It was hard. Usually such a thing is for the people who have fun climbing out of the maps. Luckily I am half-way that kind of a person, but still was hard.
    And the map could've used the "Norrington Quarter" levels of specifics. But other than those annoyances it was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Regarding getting into the City Watch storage: No key, you had to pick the red lock. The book on how to do this is in the bookstore. There's another storage nearby, near the store that got trashed, and owned by Elias Jordan. The key to the that storage is in an apartment you need to rope up to on Norrington Court. The hint is a crate at his storage which you can read the label on through the grate, it gives his address.
    Yeah I meant the "other storage nearby", I did crack the red lock without much problems. And I must've missed that hint cause then I still couldn't read a lot of the scrolls cause I didn't have the tnhscript then. Bwah, that was a pain
    Regarding the orange lock: the lockpick book in the bookstore mentions you need a 3rd lockpick.
    Yeah I know that now, I only found a book after a revisit. Funny story that. It was stuck to the "ceiling" of the wooden plank, not standing on the "ground" (in that small post-box) like gravity would demand.
    Re: The Captain, yeah, he didn't make it, but if he did, Garrett wouldn't have got that cool map, right?
    Hah, that he did. So, a sequel featuring more of this perhaps? Technically I could try and help with architecture since that's the only thing I know in dromed and you seem to hate it (Problem is I usually get bored with one thing after some time).
    Did you find the Old Guy the captain referenced? He's close to the Twin Anchors tavern too.
    Hmm I think so. But he had nothing on him right?
    Re: The Inventor - He's a smart guy, he made it out, up into the mountains.
    Yay!

As I told my beta testers, it was frustrating that most of the items that needed "fixing" was stopping the player from doing things they weren't supposed to do. On that note...

Yes, well the worst spot for the player was I think the place where it was expected for the player to just walk through the fire just like that. (Well climb over it more like). Especially with Basso. It was hard.
    Actually you weren't supposed to be able to go that route. There is a water bucket in the bunkhouse which allows you to put the fire spots out so you can walk through normally.

So, a sequel featuring more of this perhaps?
    Sequel, yes, I actually started working on it before this mission, if that makes sense. It won't be a zombie fest though, but there will be plenty of stuff to do.

Hmm I think so. But he had nothing on him right?
    Just a note for the Keepers about how he failed his mission.

Actually you weren't supposed to be able to go that route. There is a water bucket in the bunkhouse which allows you to put the fire spots out so you can walk through normally.
    Oh dear god just as I feared. That hunch snuck up on me when I noticed the water was acting like an object... Goddamnit, but I didn't find a frobbable bucket there. I may have SAW one... I dunno. Stupid me
    Sequel, yes, I actually started working on it before this mission, if that makes sense. It won't be a zombie fest though, but there will be plenty of stuff to do.
    Excellent! And no need for zombies, I'm not a fan of them anyway.
    Just a note for the Keepers about how he failed his mission.
    Yeah, the note in the water. Got it. It adds even more mystery to the man, though. He must've lead quite a colorful life.

I am having a tough time with this mission, need some help please.

spoiler:
    OK, so the red lock apparently there's a book in the bookstore to help you on this, but, there's only books on Demolition and City Grids. There's another door that's locked and i suspect the book i need is in there, alluded to by the screwed up paper underneath the chair.

I can't find a way to disable the Stonemarket gate and am quite confused now as to what to do, made worse since i didn't play this mission through in one go, and now can't remember all the clues from last time.

So could someone give me the answers, i wanna try and finish this mission to vote
    Thanks!

EDIT:

OK I worked out the red lock, i will post a big clue here, since, people often point out, people work something out and don't bother to say how they did it

Clue:
    spoiler:
    The key to the red lock is that as long as the catch never returns to the starting locked position, then you have used the right lockpick. Then it's just a matter of 50/50 working out which lockpick to use each step of the way. I remember that this type of lock was used in another FM before, it's name escapes me. It does not matter if the catch moves backwards, as long as it never resets to the start position.
    Last edited by shadows; 6th May 2012 at 03:45.

The screwed up paper does refer to the book but it's not in the locked room. The note says Edan, I put that book you ordered in the usual place in your inbox . . . And near the blocked front door you'll find the inboxes.

Thanks nickie, i didn't find anything there at first, but i didn't look deep enough.

OK, i need some help, phew this is one long mission, haha.

spoiler:
    The inventor has a lockup/storage place in Southquarter, the place with a gate, next to the weapons shop. But i've been in his house and haven't found any key.

A readable in the inventor's house mentions wiluby's (sp?) in Southquarter is where i would find a trigger core. But i can't find wiluby's, where do i find this core?

Finally said readable mentions a place in Auldare where i can find the trilock tool, needed as a third lockpick, again, i can't find such place.

Could someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Someone else owns that storage. You can find the key in Norrington Court area in Stonemarket. If you face the weaponshop, go left and past the barrel with a carrot, through the small alley and you'll come to Norrtington Court.

The third lockpick is in the Docks area and you'll find a clue to that once you've got through to that area.

Thanks again nickie.

I need one last pointer,
    spoiler:
    I only need the sextant, then me and Basso can leave this forsaken place!
    Thanks!

(spoiler ahead don't read unless you found 'it' too)
    spoiler:
    BTW, i noticed the Keeper up on the roof of the Hammerite Cathedral, nice touch there!
    Last edited by shadows; 6th May 2012 at 09:13.

The sextant is not a million miles from the boat in the first section of Docks.

Re: the Keeper, there is something you can do with him.

I encountered the same problem as a cfew other people as well:
    I simply cannot duck under the gate to Stonemarket.

Is it supposed to be such a slim margin for scooching beneath the gate or might it be connected to the scripts?

Quote Originally Posted by Meisterdieb View Post
    I encountered the same problem as a cfew other people as well:
    I simply cannot duck under the gate to Stonemarket.

Is it supposed to be such a slim margin for scooching beneath the gate or might it be connected to the scripts?
    That is strange, it never happened in beta testing. Have you tried to walk up to the gate, frob it, then lean forward while walking forward? It should only require the crouch button to move under it.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Re: the Keeper, there is something you can do with him.
    There is? (apart from shooting him, that is.....tempting....)
    Care to give a little hint?