TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Bad Hangover, April 15th, 2012 - an entry for the Reloaded Contest #2

need some help on mission

Where do I find the local market to get something to eat because I am starving? got all other objectives but this first one got me!!! Still need to do basso but first need to finish this objective. Any help appreciated................ The Geez

I'm afraid you have to look a bit harder than a local market for the food. It's all over the place. I can spoiler the locations for you if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Where do I find the local market to get something to eat because I am starving? got all other objectives but this first one got me!!! Still need to do basso but first need to finish this objective. Any help appreciated................ The Geez
    Geez - is the objective actually say something about "the market?" Or is it something more like "find 2 weeks worth of food?" Because the former one should have been removed from your objective screen a long time ago, about the time you originally left Garrett's apartment building.

Brethern/Nickie-Thanks

Yes, the objective is my first in order on the list and it never filled in when I left his apartment. Now I am almost finished except for the basso part. It does say "UGH,I feel terrible and should go get some food at the local market etc." and was different than going around collecting food pieces. It is still unchecked and on my screen. Can I still continue with Basso or what do you guys think? Many thanks for the replys.................Geez

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Yes, the objective is my first in order on the list and it never filled in when I left his apartment. Now I am almost finished except for the basso part. It does say "UGH,I feel terrible and should go get some food at the local market etc." and was different than going around collecting food pieces. It is still unchecked and on my screen. Can I still continue with Basso or what do you guys think? Many thanks for the replys.................Geez
    What difficulty are you playing, and how many food items do you have ? Yes, save your friend Basso.

I don't think the first objective not cancelling when you leave the apartment has happened to anyone else. You're obviously special. I think you might have to ctrl+alt+del to finish once you've done the Basso objective and the other objectives are finished.

Edit. MrSpeedyLair!

darthLair/Nickie-Thanks

I'm playing on easy and think I needed 14/15 food items and got them. I am going to see if the game will allow me to go to the end minus the food issue. Many thanks fot the come-backs.....Geez

Hey! don't you think that is, at last, the time to give us a list of secrets - loot? I have some more specific questions: 1. Is there indeed a switch to open the captain's cabin on the ship, and where is it? 2. The mystery key opens the ground little hutch with loot at Black Alley? Is this one of the secrets? because i smashed this hutch with sword at the start of the mission and now the mystery key doesn't fit to that smashed hutch, as a ! 3. If not where is the Black Alley - mystery key secret?

secrets

hi I have a request. could I get a hint on the location of the hot tub secret ?

I know it is in the south quarter but I don't know where exactly.

any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by lupus View Post
    hi I have a request. could I get a hint on the location of the hot tub secret ?

I know it is in the south quarter but I don't know where exactly.

any help would be appreciated
    On the roof of the polygonic building, not far from the explonded gate to docks

thanks bar. I must have run by that area a million times. A strange place to put something like that.

bar,
    If you mean the highlighted part under crates to the right of the alley entrance then yes that is the mystery key secret.

As for loot, there was a loot list earlier but the link has been taken down for some reason.

I think the link just ran out of time. Another one will be up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar View Post
    Hey! don't you think that is, at last, the time to give us a list of secrets - loot?
    Here are the secrets:

1. Compartment in "black alley" under the crate, not far from the trashed weapons store. If you bashed it open (which I didn't intend), the secret is probably lost. The key for this stash is on a dead thief behind some barrels between the bunkhouse and tunnel entrance to the docks.

2. Manifest in Captain's cabin on ship - it's in a footlocker in the captian's cabin, which is accessed by frobbing one of those really annoying mini arc switches, located on the left side of the left ramp going up to the ship's steering wheel area.

3. Keeper above the Hammerite Temple in Stonemarket proper - You need to knock him out, not kill him, I believe (hard to remember now). Although some people did, I didn't actually intend for anyone to get up there physically, it was supposed to be done with a Neuro arrow.

4. Hot tub party - There's a bunch of zombies in a hot tub on the roof area in Southquarter, above and across the street from the City Watch storage area (with the red lock). Just jump in the hot tub for the secret. Fondling zombie next to you is optional.

I have a loot list, I'll format it and post it soon too.

Edit: here's the food & loot list, courtesy of nickie with some help from all of my beta testers.

Bad Hangover Food/Loot list
    Last edited by Brethren; 28th Jun 2012 at 16:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    3. Keeper above the Hammerite Temple in Stonemarket proper - You need to knock him out, not kill him, I believe (hard to remember now). Although some people did, I didn't actually intend for anyone to get up there physically, it was supposed to be done with a Neuro arrow.
    As soon as I saw him, of course I looked for a way to get up there. Another way to trigger the secret is to push the little red button up there.

Playing on Expert
    I've been all through the first area including the Bookstore. Cannot find The Coil referred to in the foums so I can prorgress. Even swam in the jacuzie. For me it isn't in The Watch storage area. Checked all dead bodies.

Unless I'm misunderstanding where you're looking, it should be there. If you'd like to email me a savegame and let me know what level you're playing, then I'll have a look and see if I can find it for you. My email is in my profile.

Thanks Nickie but I figured it out when I got home from work. Last night I had been at it from 700pm to 12.30am and I was getting pretty loopy by the end.

Well that's a relief! Glad you got it sorted

Cool mission

Thanks Brethren, what a cool mission! I took you at your word and played it through on Normal first I loved it that you gave us enough tools to splatter and frag the zombies or otherwise finish them off

I finished the mission with a lot of help from this forum, some of the items were tough to find -- not too tough though, lack of patience is my besetting sin when playing missions.

And a big thank you for the loot and food item list

Oh, one other thing: strangely, carrying Basso through the fire worked just fine when I played it on normal (it caused the effect it should have). The second time when I was playing on expert, it didn't work, at least I couldn't get the objective to check off. No big deal, I used the good old ctrl+alt +shift+end (oh dear).

First off. . .very cool mission, Brethren. I could do without the zombies, mind you. . .but at least there's not TOO many on normal. lol I started on Expert, then freaked out. Just WAYY to many for me to deal with. I love seeing the TDS map again - and in T2. Even better. Its a pity so many of the places have to be blocked off, but I guess when there are no loading zones, there's not a lot of choice.

Anyway, I need some help. I have the shielded charge. I've placed the two explosive barrels in the tunnel to the docks - and they are no longer frobbable, so I can only guess I placed them right. I'm TRYING to put the shielded charge on the highlighted barrel between them. . .but I can't seem to get rid of the thing. I've tried the R key, to drop it. I've tried right clicking to use it, and it just. . .won't stick to the dumb barrel.

Am I missing something, or doing it wrong?

Love the puzzles. Though the electrical one had me too. (Had to peek here to figure it out.) The floating zombies are a bit of a heart-stopper too.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Elentari View Post
    First off. . .very cool mission, Brethren. I could do without the zombies, mind you. . .but at least there's not TOO many on normal. lol I started on Expert, then freaked out. Just WAYY to many for me to deal with. I love seeing the TDS map again - and in T2. Even better. Its a pity so many of the places have to be blocked off, but I guess when there are no loading zones, there's not a lot of choice.

Anyway, I need some help. I have the shielded charge. I've placed the two explosive barrels in the tunnel to the docks - and they are no longer frobbable, so I can only guess I placed them right. I'm TRYING to put the shielded charge on the highlighted barrel between them. . .but I can't seem to get rid of the thing. I've tried the R key, to drop it. I've tried right clicking to use it, and it just. . .won't stick to the dumb barrel.

Am I missing something, or doing it wrong?

Love the puzzles. Though the electrical one had me too. (Had to peek here to figure it out.) The floating zombies are a bit of a heart-stopper too.
    The charge you are using: isn't the right one. you must gather the ingredients necessary to manufacture the charge that will clear the passage.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    The charge you are using: isn't the right one. you must gather the ingredients necessary to manufacture the charge that will clear the passage.
    Oh. Well. . .I guess that would explain why it wouldn't work. . .rotflol Drat. And here I thought I was doing so well!

Thanks. Back in to poke around some more, I guess.

Nope. I think I'm going to need a bigger hint, please!! Had to restart the mission (silly me tends to only use the quick save and every so often. . .quick save myself into a really bad spot. o.O) Played through again, paying more attention to the readables, etc. The only explosive I see you can manufacture is the shielded charge. Which I did. And the only item I found that I didn't have before was the detonation device.

So, I have the two, and still can't place things to get through to the docks. What am I missing, please?

Thanks!

Just finished this FM on "Some" (Normal). Usually I immediately go for Expert, but I knew beforehand that this could be a bad idea for the first playthrough here. The given warning in the DarkLoader description is absolutely justified. I'd like to quote two other ttlg-taffers to summarize my general impression of this mission:

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Wonderful FM, Brethren - maybe flirted a little with the idea of being too hard, but the story, atmosphere & sense of immersion made it more than worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    So I just wanted to say, Brethren, that this was a deviously brilliant FM (in depth I guess).

Why devious? Because it is so dense with puzzles and things I had to just find without hints (that I noticed anyway) and such that I just couldn't figure it all out. And some of the climbing had to make me question if it's really supposed to be done that way.
    (Lots) of positive things: A brilliant atmosphere, an authentic plot, great visuals and a massive amount of creativity just everywhere. This is how the zombie apocalypse in the Thief universe has to look like.

But there are (Some) little issues which mar the, otherwise perfect, beauty of this mission. I had a really hard time to find the compass at the end. Or better said, I did not manage to find it. I consulted a LetsPlay to find out where heck this thing was hidden. The player faced the same problem. To find the first secret (using the "Mysterious Key") was much easier than to check this mission objective. I crossed the place so many times before... but I just couldn't see it.

Being impatient at the very end of the mission I also experienced severe problems with the departure of the ship. To remove the plank... never thought about it. Retrospectively this seems to be the fault of my own stupidity ... but a hint when trying the steering wheel with the plank untouched could really help.

Nevertheless... this mission is great. Good Job.

Alrighty, I've had to restart this mission AGAIN (although, this time on a new computer) and I'm still having a lot of difficulty with the charge to clear the passage to the docks. I have tried all the explosives in my inventory, have manufactured a charge over near the old clock tower by gathering the parts around the area. . .and still no go.

I'm stuck!! What am I missing??

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast