TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Bad Hangover, April 15th, 2012 - an entry for the Reloaded Contest #2

FAN-tastic mission Brethren!! but could someone give me a stronger hint on where the steel plate is. I have been all over Norrington court but came up empty except for some food and money items??

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    FAN-tastic mission Brethren!! but could someone give me a stronger hint on where the steel plate is. I have been all over Norrington court but came up empty except for some food and money items??
    Read the:Poster next to the pawn shop window

I must be really dens I canīt figure out how to open the gate. I have put a coil into the opening but nothing happened. What now???

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    I must be really dens I canīt figure out how to open the gate. I have put a coil into the opening but nothing happened. What now???
    Next toGarretts apartment, there is a fenced in area. Get over the fence and look all over up and down.

kittykat - there's two things you need to do, that's one.

You also need to increase the system's power output, check out the fenced area (high and low) near the fountain.

Wow, that's a lot of zombies on expert! I'm not done yet.
    And the maps feels *very* familiar!

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    kittykat - there's two things you need to do, that's one.

You also need to increase the system's power output, check out the fenced area (high and low) near the fountain.
    Thanks Brethren, just what I needed

Folks,

Guess it's my turn to be dense. I'm in Garrett's apartment area, where you start, I've slaughtered the landlord zombie twice and gotten the landlord's key, his diary claims there's no other way in except the front door, the front door has two frobbable hunks of wood that I can't destroy with the sword (and instead just attract other zombies outside the door which isn't frobbable) and no doors at all appear to be frobbable in this area. How do I get out of here?

- prjames

prjames-
    Check Garrett's apartment carefully, there's an object in it somewhere that will help you.
    And I'm stuck myself:
    Haven't rescued Basso yet, still need to find navigational charts, a compass, the location of the rendezvous...and about 2 more food items (so some obscure locations would be great).
    This mission is amazing, especially when you say "screw stealth" and just go all-out with the zombie killing. Oh wow, the bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    prjames-
    Check Garrett's apartment carefully, there's an object in it somewhere that will help you.
    Thanks! I never thought that item I presumably stole another time would be needed in this way!
    Zombies must die!

- prjames

The Mike - everything you need is in the proximity of the Twin Anchors tavern (check your map).

And in case you didn't realize....

You can go through the fire area solo (cuz you're stealthy like that), but just not with Basso yet.

need a hint again

I am in the twin anchor tavern area.

I found the dead guy with scroll, and a chronometer, sextant. No charts or compass found yet. Been in the water and dodging zombies. Still not found it. read the book and have the coordinates. What am I missing? Also, I am at 13/14 food items. Not sure where there are more hidden or stashed away somewhere.

Not yet dealt with Basso.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

I'm not quite sure whether you've been through the fire blockade yet?
    Last edited by nickie; 17th Apr 2012 at 03:20.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I'm not quite sure whether you've been through the fire blockade yet?
    I am through, at the ship.have sextant and chronometer and read his diary. still need compass and charts to get objective to tick off.

also looking for food items to get at least 14, stuck at 13 food items.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Shadowcrawler -

The book you just mentioned has clues to both of the items you're looking for, and they're not far away. You were definitely on the right track with getting wet for one of them.

Food is tougher, not sure what you have and don't. There are two items in the vicinity of your current location. Overall there are 21 (3 weeks worth).

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Shadowcrawler -

The book you just mentioned has clues to both of the items you're looking for, and they're not far away. You were definitely on the right track with getting wet for one of them.

Food is tougher, not sure what you have and don't. There are two items in the vicinity of your current location. Overall there are 21 (3 weeks worth).

I swam around the twin anchor tavern, no luck, swam under and around the ship, nothing. Need a hint as to where the compass is. Never came across it where the chronometer is by teh bunk house.

Sorry for durbrain comment - not woken up properly yet.

Hint - He threw it out of the window so it must be close to the tavern.
    Last edited by nickie; 17th Apr 2012 at 03:35.

thanks, had to go deep and into a tight spot to see that.

the charts are left, that is let for that objective. still stuck on that.

Yeah that Compass is quite difficult to find despite the hint about where it is. It was the last thing left on my checklist and I probably spent 15 minutes just swimming around before I gave up for the night. Anyway without giving an outright spoil, its somwhere to the west of the drowned corpse and blends in rather well with the background .

Edit: D'oh, replied too late. Oh well.

Anyway I just wanted to say
    That I absolutely loved the three locks using the alternate lockpicking system and wonder why it isn't used more often in FMs. It feels so much more rewarding than the standard pick-switch-pick system (I didn't use the book spoiler btw) and would definatly add suspense to picking things in patroled areas. One thing that felt silly though was wondering why, if these are supposed to be uber-locks, and Garrett can pick them, does he need to find so many keys for other standard locks (which are in reality truely unpickable) ?

Also I found a secret involving a keeper (nice touch there) triggered by a button and was wondering if that was how I was meant to get it?
    Last edited by Emerald Wolf; 17th Apr 2012 at 03:57.

@ Shadowcrawler - search the tavern.

it must be bedtime, I have searched inside, lower floor and upper, no luck. unless it is hidden and I need to find a switch somewhere. only place I could think of was under the staircase.????

It's a bit more obvious than that. It's not hidden at all. It's not rolled up.

it is bedtime, I am too tired to think.

I slashed all banners on the walls, I hope you are not saying that it was a banner. if so , I am up a creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrawler View Post
    it is bedtime, I am too tired to think.

I slashed all banners on the walls, I hope you are not saying that it was a banner. if so , I am up a creek.
    You can say that again. It was the banner next to the bar.

EDIT: found it already!
    Last edited by Jack Lee; 17th Apr 2012 at 04:45.

@ Jack Lee

Stand outside the door of the Twin Anchors facing south. Look in the water on your right. There is a big column on the right, next to it, a narrow cleft in the sea-floor.