TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crysis 3 - 2013

Knows his stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    So did Crysis 3 take the bow from The Avengers or was it the other way around?
    That Avengers character with the bow has been around since the 60's, so I doubt they took it from Crysis 3.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Aren't you supposed to be the Marvel knobslobberer Alchy?

The Alchemist
    It's been 12 years, how do you people still not know not to take the shit I say seriously?

(And for the record, henke, I was referring to the box on the bow that changes the type of arrows he shoots. I'm no expert but I don't think that was part of the original Hawkeye.)

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    I hope you're just pretending and you're not actually this thick, but in case it really needs pointing out: of course you'll be able to dynamically swtitch between the two in-game.
    I wouldn't put it past modern day developers to dumb the game so much that there is only one "power" button and depending on your choice at the beginning of the level it's either armor or cloak... but all the different suit modes are still in the game(at the very least you can see the icons under the energy bar) so I don't know what the "CHOOSE YOUR DESITINY" is supposed to achieve other than confuse people.

Also, vents and hacking. The pillars of a true stealth game, amirite?

Yeah, but that interactive video is about as close as you've come to actually playing a game in the past 10 years.

Knows his stuff
    Zzzzzzzzzing!

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    You know these two are pretty much polar opposites right?
    Who said that they were? I was talking about the two games' design strengths.

Crysis 2 was a lot more restrictive with the former since it was Crytek Frankfurt's first console title. Since then they've ported wholesale the content of Crysis 1 to consoles (with obvious technical downgrades), showing that they now know to push things a lot further on the more restrictive platforms.

The latter point, it a sign of Crytek Frankfurt iteratively maturing, having far improved their skills at narrative delivery.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    It's been 12 years, how do you people still not know not to take the shit I say seriously?
    You're totally batshit insane. Nobody knows how to process what you're saying.

So, I have this game coming from Gamefly for the PS3 - did anyone actually play it, and/or was it any good? Reviews seem sorta lukewarm, but I'm hoping I can have at least some fun with it and play a little stealthy.