TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Things that make you laugh or smile uncontrollably

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Am I still racist if I go with that?
    No, you're just acting intentionally obtuse. Obviously Subjeff was the one with the country box. You were the one with Asperger, remember?
    And try to stay with the issue at hand like a grown up person, instead of pointing at some two year old thread. Want me to dig up some of your gems?

As for absinthe induced let downs: Maybe it was funnier for me than for anyone else. In fact I'm pretty sure it was. Haha. Oh well.
    Funny of the day: How do you call an ankle that dislocated in the past and hence has a tendency to do so again? Footloose!
    (Of course that's just a substitute until you barbarians have adopted the professional term: Schlottergelenk.)

Humming while kissing is...important sometimes. It's a way to show appreciation of the moment? I dunno. She wasn't playful like that. In fact she looked me staright in the eye and said: "Don't do that."
    Scary.

Still Subjective
    It's not a "box" you twit. I'm actually giving him the benefit of the doubt by wondering if there is a language barrier instead of just labelling him a weirdo.

Rather label him a weirdo then, like you would anyone else. I can tell you from experience that the "Must be a language barrier"-argument is worse.

If your job is to make this thread as unfunny as possible, you're on a roll. ED, j'accuse & twisted ankle jokes?

Come on man, more monkeys on ice-skates. Skate monkey skate!

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    No, you're just acting intentionally obtuse. Obviously Subjeff was the one with the country box. You were the one with Asperger, remember?
    I'm pretty sure spergs are a race of sentient androids on the internet. Get with the program.

And try to stay with the issue at hand like a grown up person, instead of pointing at some two year old thread. Want me to dig up some of your gems?
    Sure, if that's what makes you feel you have a point, go right ahead. Anyway, I could point at any number of recent threads for lost_soul and you'd just skirt the issue and post a joke about penis fractures. Why bother? Go for the gold.

I find kolya quite funny, but that gif of Kevin Smith is even funnier. But yeh, I dont see why he gets so much grief.

I do too. I just wanted to stomp on the j'accuse tennis match with ice-skating monkeys to remind everyone what the thread is for. And twisted ankle jokes make me cringe because I was a runner & thinking about my ankles going owie makes me cry inside. ... ED, eh, there's material there.

But guys: ice-skating monkeys. They're telling us something very important. ... Only it's in monkey language. God we need CCCToad here to translate. ... Or Stewart.
    Last edited by demagogue; 28th May 2012 at 23:03.

Mistaken for a man
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    Humming while kissing is...important sometimes. It's a way to show appreciation of the moment?
    WHAT? What do you hum, anyway? "My Heart Will Go On" or "When the Saints Go Marching In"?
    It's fine to gasp, groan or moan when you're hot hot kissing, and that only if it comes naturally, but hum? Humming sounds more like you're so bored of the kiss you need a pastime while waiting it to be over.

Thanks, now I'm laughing uncontrollably

Meh, I don't mean humming a tune, but a sound like you might make when you've just eaten something particularly yummy. Mmmmmh!

EDIT: Prince? Show them, you sexy motherfucker.

Last edited by Kolya; 29th May 2012 at 04:03.

is he wearing a g-string in that?

Still Subjective
    Well there you go you gigantic dongbowl; the perfect example of a language barrier making you seem weird when in actual fact you're not.

What you are talking about is not humming, though I can see why one could make the mistake.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    is he wearing a g-string in that?

There are certain related activities where humming can come in handy, though. Or going through the alphabet.

Which made a certain lady friend of mine laugh quite a bit at the time. And smile. Uncontrollably? Perhaps.

Many Arrested Development clips, but this particularly:

The fact that after all these (successful) attempts at creating buzz and fanwank through massive marketing, all-out viral pullstrings and huge posters on every single bus of the city, people continuing to claim on every forum that it's going to be the best thing ever, continuous speculation about the underlying universe, Prometheus sucks.

Ignoring my trolling attempt and since I'm in kokimood today, I might as well put something he posted a while ago, this is probably the funniest yet simplest gag I've seen posted on TTLG:

I always DO laugh out loud when watching this.

Hmm. The humor in that last clip seems to be ... how shall I put it? ... lost in translation to English. At least it didn't seem funny as I didn't understand a word.

You need to understand a few german words to get it:

Name und Vorname? = Last and first names?
    MAUL HALTEN = SHUT UP
    Schreib das sofort auf die Maschine = Copy this now with the typewriter
    Wie!? = waht
    Geboren? = [here:] Place of birth?
    Last edited by Briareos H; 30th May 2012 at 05:13.

Sorry. That much I got. But somehow the gag of the unusual first and last names didn't seem funny in the clip. The joke, itself, somehow got lost in translation for me. Maybe something about differences in humor based on national origin? Though most sight gags seem be equally funny, so maybe it's only some of the language based ones? Or maybe it would have been funny if I had seen (and understood) the whole movie first and the clip already had funny associations? Or maybe it's just me today. But I do wonder how much of what we find funny is cultural / environmental and how much is built into the human genome: instinctive humor.

Dunno. I haven't watched the film either. I do like eastern european (including ex-soviet and russian) humour in general, there's probably a cultural factor as you say.

Knows his stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    The fact that after all these (successful) attempts at creating buzz and fanwank through massive marketing, all-out viral pullstrings and huge posters on every single bus of the city, people continuing to claim on every forum that it's going to be the best thing ever, continuous speculation about the underlying universe, Prometheus sucks.
    You've seen it?

Yes, it's out here today in France. I got an invite to yesterday's preview screening (or whatever you call "Avant-première" in english) anyway.
    BTW, don't take my word for it, dethtoll can confirm I have terrible taste and that I'm a philistine.

Still Subjective
    Booooo. I'm not listening to you. I'll see it for myself!

As to the video - I don't speak German (though I understood one or two things, thanks for the extra translations), but I do find that clip highly amusing. Perhaps it's because I'm just so goddamn cosmopolitan

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    Sorry. That much I got. But somehow the gag of the unusual first and last names didn't seem funny in the clip. The joke, itself, somehow got lost in translation for me. Maybe something about differences in humor based on national origin? Though most sight gags seem be equally funny, so maybe it's only some of the language based ones? Or maybe it would have been funny if I had seen (and understood) the whole movie first and the clip already had funny associations? Or maybe it's just me today. But I do wonder how much of what we find funny is cultural / environmental and how much is built into the human genome: instinctive humor.
    The joke is that he's a pole caught by germans during WW2 and when asked for his details, he makes up the most difficult and unspellable name possible just to make their job of writing it down nigh on impossible. Then, when they finally get it and ask for his birthplace, he chooses a city and county which are even worse. You know, it's spelled like this:

Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz from Chrząszczyżewoszyce in the Łękołody county.

Yea you probably won't appreciate it if you're not a polish speaker. It hits home for me even more consider no one in the US can EVER spell my name correctly, and it's not even that difficult in comparison - Jakub. It's always "jacub" or "jakob" or "jacob." And I love it when instead of pronouncing it "Yakoob" they do something like "yay-cob" or frenched-up "jakoob" with a j like in french "jacque"

Reminds me I should rewatch the movie, it was quite good, which is to say a lot for a pure polish production from a while back
    Last edited by Yakoob; 30th May 2012 at 13:48.