TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Tex Murphy Project Fedora Here We Come

Tex Murphy Project Fedora Here We Come

We made it $450k pledged on kick starter for the new tex murphy game. It's been 14 years since the last installment that was overseer.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...edora?ref=live
    New T2 FM In Progress (Unite The Dead) 98% Completed
    Add me as a friend on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/shanemullan
    Karras (Rust In Peace)

I haven't pledged myself as I hadn't played any of the previous games but this campaign, and Chris Jones' awesome voice, has inspired me to change that. Halfway through Under a Killing Moon and, despite it being very dated looking, I am quite enjoying myself so far. I really like the in-built hint/walkthrough system and how it works with the points system; means I don't feel too cheap when I inevitably turn to it, my adventure game muscles are a little out of shape, because, hey, I earned those points!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Dust View Post
    I haven't pledged myself as I hadn't played any of the previous games but this campaign has inspired me to change that. Halfway through Under a Killing Moon and, despite being very dated looking, I am quite enjoying myself so far. I really like the in-built hint/walkthrough system and how it works with the points system; means I don't feel too cheap when I inevitably turn to it, my adventure game muscles are a little out of shape, because, hey, I earned those points!
    The Pandora Directive was the first adventure game i ever played and still my fav. Under a killing moon was so much ahead of it's time for FMV.
    Karras (Rust In Peace)

Well, I've now finished Under A Killing Moon and despite some atrocious acting, wobbly pacing, ugly graphics (I'm not just talking about the tech here - the art direction is all over the place), wonky controls and far too many assemble-the-scraps-of-paper puzzles, I really, really enjoyed it. Much like Tex himself, it's just so goofy and loveable. The plot is keeps you hooked the way a pulpy bit of noir should and it was cool that generally the first thing you'd do when starting a new act would be to go to your usual informants (you quickly pick up on who is the right person to ask for particular info) much like your traditional gumshoe does. The FPP exploration and navigation works well, despite the aforementioned wonky controls & general ugliness, and makes scouring the areas for items and clues just a little bit more fun and immersive.

Definitely picking up the other games in the series, which I assume improve upon this template, and I've now pledged $15 to the Kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Dust View Post
    Well, I've now finished Under A Killing Moon and despite some atrocious acting, wobbly pacing, ugly graphics (I'm not just talking about the tech here - the art direction is all over the place), wonky controls and far too many assemble-the-scraps-of-paper puzzles, I really, really enjoyed it. Much like Tex himself, it's just so goofy and loveable. The plot is keeps you hooked the way a pulpy bit of noir should and it was cool that generally the first thing you'd do when starting a new act would be to go to your usual informants (you quickly pick up on who is the right person to ask for particular info) much like your traditional gumshoe does. The FPP exploration and navigation works well, despite the aforementioned wonky controls & general ugliness, and makes scouring the areas for items and clues just a little bit more fun and immersive.

Definitely picking up the other games in the series, which I assume improve upon this template, and I've now pledged $15 to the Kickstarter.
    Cheers for pledging $15 it all counts the other 2 games shits all over UAKM, you can buy the pandora directive and overseer at GOG. better story better actors and better graphics you will enjoy it.
    Karras (Rust In Peace)

Getting the earlier games of the series on GOG is definitely on my todo list. Look forward to playing them at some point.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Salt Lake City Comic Con trailer. A nice, meaty running time fo sho.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBbzzUBiUEg

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 4

Moderator and Priest
    That was the most goddamn awesome thing ever.

Chakat sex pillow
    Looks like a TV show. With some hilarious acting. I don't remember the performances in the previous ones being this hammy... maybe it'll work? I'm kinda turned off by the makeup and set dressing going in hand with the ridiculous acting, I won't lie. Frame it with less talking heads, guys, gosh! Put some more budget into those backgrounds and pull back a bit, give the actors space to breathe.

Also, I think Tex'd look better with some grain and more post-process on that film, digital makes stuff look cleaner, clearer, and unfortunately, more obviously low-budget.

Moderator and Priest
    The hammy acting, the sets, the style...everything about it is exactly what you'd expect from a modern Tex Murphy game. I wouldn't change a thing.

Shit, I should really get around to playing Overseer!
    Last edited by Angel Dust; 10th Sep 2013 at 23:27. Reason: I have no idea what the fuck happened there.

Moderator and Priest
    do what you say?

PC Gamering Smartey Man

New teaser for Tesla Effect. ROFL, Inception horn.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Inception horn.
    HHOOONNNKKK!

I want this, and I want this now. Not 2014. Now.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Hah, this is amazing!

These guys are crazy and it's nice

Moderator and Priest
    Hey, I'm replying to this thread because I couldn't find the other one, and this one was the first that the search brought up.

So did you know did you know did you know? Tesla Effect has a demo out, and the game is set to arrive next week.

Its looking pretty good from what I've seen.

Moderator and Priest
    It's pretty damn good in general. While I won't say the game does anything new, or pushes any technical boundaries (it looks like a game from 2006), it feels and plays just like the old Tex Murphy adventures. That's what I wanted, and, based on the demo, it seems like that's what I got.

Awesome . Well that's exactly what you'd want to get.