TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: [Bi-yearly post] Anti-toxin hypo alternatives

[Bi-yearly post] Anti-toxin hypo alternatives

In reference to the thread title: I'm not actually a new user here, I made a single post a few years back (yes, a LONG time ago ) in relation to possible SS3 stories. I would have hung around for longer, but life got the better of me. And since it's been about 2 years since my last post, I thought I'd make a ritual of one posting every 2 years.

Anyway, to the topic: while playing System Shock 2, the single most annoying thing that happens to me is acidentally stepping on a pile of worms, becoming infected. The reason it's annoying is because I usually have no anti-toxin hypos, and the infection never seems to go away on its own.

Now, I just searched, and my first question has already been answered: the toxins don't go away naturally like radiation.

But I do have another question: has anyone been able to find a method other than using anti-toxin hypos to remove toxins from your body? That is, of course, other than dying and being resurrected.
    - Nanoprobe | nanoprobe at subdimension.com | ICQ# 48856642

dyi-- oh, wait.
    there's the anti toxin suit, that worm implant and the annelid skin that would prevent it, but other then that, i don't think so.

Medical beds flush the toxins from your body for 5 nanites

Okay - thanks.

It seems a bit strange to me that those toxins won't go away on their own - yes, it adds an interesting element to the game (in that you *must* find treatment or die), but for those who haven't found the QBR machine in their area and are out of anti-tox (the clumsy ones that keep stepping on piles of worms that look like harmless vomit), it's a bit unfair.
    - Nanoprobe | nanoprobe at subdimension.com | ICQ# 48856642

You can also use the Psi Toxin Shield (tier 3 from memory).

If you have
    spoiler:
    a WormBlood Implant

you can remove icky worms completely, but that is a ways into the game. Personally, I just take a running jump whenever I pass near any.

Drinking 10 sodas in quick succession prompting urination should help flush out at least some of the toxins from your bloodstream. Come on, it worked in the 60's!
    Confucius say man who go to bed with hybrid wake up with pipe in hand