TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Moth to a Flame (Jun. 29, 2004)

Getting into the Gaul

Well.
    What can I say.
    Sometimes writing stuff down makes all the difference.
    On to the Goal

Hi.
    This is just a wonderful mission. I have almost all the loot, finished all the objectives, save one: Getting into the Gaul. It seems it is so elementary that no one even mentiones it in the thread...feeling a bit stupid here. Hehe. I am standing infront of the door and keep wondering if there is a key somewhere or if I have to be a bit more creative to get in.

Any clues?

-mostly
    Last edited by mostly; 12th Sep 2004 at 19:35.

There's a key.
    spoiler:
    Have you found the small Inn that is past the courtyard where the drunken Hammer stands by the market stalls? The key is worn by a man in one of the upstairs rooms.

spoiler:
    Playing the latest version of Moth to a flame - can't find the key to the goal. The guard upstairs at the pub doesn't have a key - help!!

I've just downloaded the new version to check out the "missing" key.
    spoiler:
    Using DromEd to save time - the guard in the 2nd room on the right (SW) upstairs has the key on the left side of his belt. (This is the room that contains Edwin's note - a crumpled scroll under the table.)

If you are in the right place try going back to an earlier save and playing from there.

I need a little hint to finding
    spoiler:
    the safe in the mayor's house

spoiler:
    Thanks Ffox but I don't understand. There are three rooms upstairs right? One by itself and the other 2 upstairs at at the back. The 2 two rooms at the back - one contains a woman and guard in bed but I used auto lock on him and he does not appear to have the key. No scrolled up note in this room. The room on the right has a note under the table but not in a bin and there is nobody in this room. I am missing a room somewhere? I played this when I first came out and didn't have this problem. Has anybody else managed to pick the key up in the new version, perhaps it is my PC?

lurker

clue 1 -
    spoiler:
    search the first room on the right downstairs VERY carefully (as you enter the house ) .

answer -
    spoiler:
    search behind the sofa in that room for a tiny lever to move the painting on the wall. You will find everything you need there.

Sir Lance - You are in the Old Soak - try the Ancient Unicorn

thanks ffox
    spoiler:
    stupid me - mission now complete!

I really liked this city atmosphere. This is a great FM. The only problem I had was with one of the objectives.
    spoiler:
    When I read the mayor's diary, the objective to place it on the receptionist's desk checked off.

I finished with about 100 short of max loot.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a
    I really liked this city atmosphere. This is a great FM. The only problem I had was with one of the objectives.
    spoiler:
    When I read the mayor's diary, the objective to place it on the receptionist's desk checked off.

I finished with about 100 short of max loot.

Hmmm, that's worrying, I don't think it's been mentioned before. I didn't alter anything to do with that objective when I updated the miss. file. But dromed being what it is, it's always possible. I'll have to have a look a it when I'm back home {I'm away for a couple of days}.

Thanks John

Most excellent, just the style I like, i.e. lots of little secrets hidden here and there, rope arrowing, ... loved the graveyard thing! Just one question: is it possible to open the hatch at the end of the spider tunnel (across from Marat's room) and does it lead anywhere?

spoiler:
    There's a lever on the wall to the right of the tunnel entrance.
    Of course it leads somewhere!

okay, there are still two things I haven't gotten:

spoiler:
    (1) the stupid ring, and (2) the window above the rowboats, which I haven't figured out how to get to

I Cannot Read Instructions
    Lurker, about the ring: why do you think the owner isn't able to find it?

That's a hint. If you want to know where to find it, look in the sewers.

@Lurker:

spoiler:
    The window is more an exit, not a place to get in. Look for a ladder near the river banks

A very nice city level. But it felt a bit linear. What was the principal reasoning for making it so linear? Why not connect Mortlake and Stang Hill?

I also had a huge number of sound occlusion bugs where sections seemed randomly divided into hermetically sealed rooms (as far as sound was concerned). Has anyone else encountered this?

EomerThief

"Moth to a Flame" help

How do I open the gate to get to different sections of the City. I think there are a couple places. I opened a couple gates by pulling two levers in a guardhouse. But I can't get past another gate, on Market St. I think.

There's a lever in the wall behind the guard, on the left as you face him

BTW: when more problems occur, this thread might be useful

Moth To A Flame - Good fun mission

Thanks for this great mission. Had a lot of fun with it - love anything with ledge and roof climbing and a bit of sewerage :-) My only crit would be window sizes - had the damnest time jumping in and out of some - Garret must be putting on some weight. Lots of work went into this, and it flowed well, with progressive objectives that made sense.

spoiler:
    Liked the crypt and the surprise pumpkin headed monster.

Very sneak worthy mission - I played on expert and thought it could perhaps have a few more guards? Mind you, I didn't ghost, so perhaps for those who like to, more guards would make that too difficult.

Moth to a Flame help

Hi All; I'm hoping someone can help me with some hints to complete this older mission I've been replaying. There are two areas I've been unable to get into... One is the jail, and the other is the gate by the scarecrows.
    I'm playing on expert, and have the bank haul and over $6000, but that's it.
    I tried looking for threads to this FM, but cannot find the help I need. Thanks

To get into the jail
    spoiler:
    you need to find the key. There's a small inn at the end of a street past the little market with the drunk guard standing by the center pond. The guard in the room upstairs in the Inn is wearing the jail key.

The gate by the scarecrows is probably the park gate. If so, then
    spoiler:
    in the area of town where you find the gate into the Warrens, there's a small room that unlocks with a key one of the guards is wearing. Go through the window at the far end of that room and into a back alley. There's an open window into an apartment you can climb through. Once you're in there, check the picture frame for a small lever.

Moth to a Flame help

Thanks, Nightwalker; I've now completed this FM.
    I had neglected to grab the key from that guard for the jail. And I missed that little switch for the garden key. I remembered completing this mission when it first came out. I must be getting sloppy in my old age.

Yes I've just finished this one too. Great FM. Loved exploring the intricate layout of streets and alleys. Good stuff. I usually go to search on the bar just below the welcome message and type in the name of the FM. Usually but not always something will turn up. Often we get stuck at the same places.

spoiler:
    The broken lift shaft can be used with a rope in the ceiling. Max up if you can and jump when you reach the end of the rope and you will not die.

Mary.

Moth to a flame- where is old gaol key??

I need the key to the old gayol. Where exactly is it?