TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567121722273237424752 ... LastLast

Thread: Taffer Art *Post thy works Here*

Yes, I'd say that's exactly what it is. One should never mix Ale and Shroom Candy .

Best Christmas card ever!

I didn't like TDS very much, for reasons I will not fill this thread with now.
    However, King No One is genius. Any chance of getting him with a flat background? I'll trade for a scouting orb...

Aaah, I'll see what I can do =D.

I have the bow upgrade
    Nice work. I especially like your use of color.

Nice art! You have an interesting style... groovy job on making Garret a bishie... never thought it could be done n_~ My only Thief fan art is this pic of Viktoria.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...9/viktoria.jpg

Cool picture.

Is that done in crayon?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffergirl

Cool picture.

Is that done in crayon?
    Thanx... nah, it was done in colored pencils. Took me a while to color too.

Beautiful art. For some reason I don't agree with the showing of Garrett's tummy, nor the degree to which his abdominals are toned, and you've got to hide his face (!), but again, beautiful stuff.

You make a cute yet sinister-looking thief! ^_^ Any pictures of you in the flesh we can compare with?

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Mifune
    Aaand the mental image I got of King No One while playing The Cradle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindo
    your take on King No One is absolutely stunning
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Qantas
    I just have to start playing Baldur's Gate 2 again with King No One as my char.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Monkey
    However, King No One is genius.
    Um, who's 'King No One'? *hides* A character from Baldur's Gate 2? Made up? *runs away*

deadman.

Quote Originally Posted by pagan_taffer99
    Thanx... nah, it was done in colored pencils. Took me a while to color too.
    Cool. Nice work. And you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman
    Um, who's 'King No One'? *hides* A character from Baldur's Gate 2? Made up? *runs away*
    Psst, It's the guy behind the overturned table in The Cradle's Horatio Extension

King No One is a nickname given to one of the patients (I forget which) in the Shalebridge Cradle (Thief 3) because he refused to tell any of the doctors, nurses, or other patients his name.

I dig the urban/steampunk/manga-all-mixed-into-1 style.
    Brisbane must be a pretty hip place to influence that sort of thing.

aside: I'm finding it increasingly difficult to stay in the dark about TDS's plot (until I can upgrade my computer and play it) and still stay active around here...

While I freely admit that my Garrett's aren't especially grissled and sinister, they are compared to other really gorgeous, long haired pieces of him floating around. I totally love the 'bitter old thief' Garrett, I just lack the skills to actually present that .

Awesome Viktoria pic! You got those evil eyes down perfect there .

This Thread could work very well as a multy-purpose post your art type place =D!

You've already seen my case art, and i can't show much of the darkmod concept stuff i've done (most of it is crap anyhoo) but here's this quick horrible sketch i did.

http://208.49.149.118/TheDarkMod/Art...rapsketch1.jpg

That's pretty good. I like the face, and you did a good job on the chainmail. Cool background too.

Have at thee...
    http://208.49.149.118/Imperium/Alexi...y_alexiuss.jpg

Yeah, thanks so much for breaking the tables, Alexius. - GBM

Wow Alexious....that is gorgeous!!! Beautiful use of colur.....

Clockwork......also gorgeous and wonderful use of colour!!......
    Spectacular stuff!

Yeah, all you concept artists at hammerite emporium are proffesionals, right?

I mean, between you and springheel...

Previously Important
    It's only concept art if it's conceptual and (ideally) related to the actual workings-out of final designs. What Alexius does -- or at least, what he shows -- is illustration.

Of course, if The Hammerite Imperium is released with settings / characters / situation that I recognise from the erstwhile concept art, then obviously I am wrong and it's not simply illustrative / thematic art after all.

But I have a personal frustration when people create or see "This is the idea I have, wouldn't it be perfect if, here's some art based on the general atmosphere / vibe of things" art and say woo look it r concept art. Yes, illustration is one of the functions of concept art, but 90% of it should be fairly technical in nature... intending to bridge the gap between verbal description and (in the case of game design) concrete modelling.

Alternatively, maybe I just forgot to take my medication, and you should just ignore me. It's possible that I'm making no sense.

No, i get you. Most of the concept art i've been doing is purely technical, but springs done a few to help give some mood to try and emulate in the game. Which i guess is technical too.

Would that make ALL concept art technical?

Previously Important
    Certainly in terms of graphic design, industrial design, and game design... There's not much use in doodling out some interesting feelers to get a handle on a general vibe of things to anyone BUT the artist. Illustrative stuff and other "getting a feel for it" artwork is like PRE-Conceptual stuff (I have no idea what the actual, industry-accepted terminology is)

It's very useful and helpful to the concept artist to draw situations and things that generate, in his own mind at least, backstory and flesh for the gameworld (in this case)... But concept art is intended to be given to someone else so that they can work FROM the concept as they make an actual thing.

My own personal thinking is that, while all concept art need not be Technical technical, it does need to be useful in a concrete way. A concept artist can get great use out of irrelevant and illustrative artwork that they generate on the way to the concept art (like I will frequently scribble out totally irrelevant stuff like plants and building styles and other doodles on my way to generating a character image, just to get a better feel for the world the character lives in), but irrelevant backstory stuff is of no use at all to the level builder or modeller... in fact, it's just noise.

Again, I'm not sure any of this represents more than ill-informed personal opinion... I just think Concept Art should primarily be a sketch that helps a modeller or builder stay on-track, understand the art director's vision of a particular / specific environment or character or weapon or whatever, and that the final product should ideally look damned near the final conceptual art.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Monkey
    Psst, It's the guy behind the overturned table in The Cradle's Horatio Extension
    Ah! But you can't get there without rope arrows!

Nice art BTW, I just don't like Garrett's pasty white tummy.
    Couldn't you give him a tan, or something?

...or something

Quote Originally Posted by pagan_taffer99
    ...is this pic of Viktoria.
    Looks too much like... a man. I believe it is the hard jaw line that makes it look this way.

Well, heres my taffer-art

From a comic I was drawing a few years ago.

I should probably start redrawing it...

[/QUOTE]Looks too much like... a man. I believe it is the hard jaw line that makes it look this way.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, yeah she does look a little on the masculine side, doesn't she? I need to practice my sketches. Thanx for the constructive criticism!

Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567121722273237424752 ... LastLast