What, you want a story for one?
MMmmmm, more thief art. Most of which I haven't seen before, which makes me very happy indeed =D.
Speaking of Thief comics, I'd love to do one. I just completely lack the writing skills needed to pull it off. Sooooooo.... *winkwinknudgenudge*...
What, you want a story for one?
Twould not hurt . A story based off of multiple ideas would work quite nicely.
Very nicely done, Alexius. I like the sky especially.
Cute stuff there, cheese_thief. The guard's puzzled expression is priceless.
Meh, might as well stretch my brain a bit. There's so much work ahead soon.
Alright, pick one, and I'll throw in details. Then, if someone wishes to continue or correct from there, okay? Let's see what we can cook up (who knows, we even might get a series up like this )
A few appetizers, just for example. You'll have to scroll back to get the idea:
1. A story of rivalry between two thieves. Either two independents, or a Warden and independent, both should give adequate story material. Think Ramirez-Garrett, or some upstart-Garrett settings. Story could end from humiliation to friendship or even some ironic death etc.
2. Garrett's training at the Keepers. His first assignment outside, manipulating a party along with a few elders and other acolytes. Could involve a lot of ghosting opportunities, and tricking people as in the Gathering at the inn had (I had a lot of those ideas a while back, hold on, re-remembering... Got one: arranging the meeting so that two particular persons never meet while both attending: could be because they are rivals and that would ruin a deal by the host and both, that would serve the Balance: This story would be a humorous at it's extreme, giving a hint of the allmightyness of the Keepers (think, Garrett reaching from a dark corner to tip the glass over, so a nobleman has to go to the bathroom, or some frivolous stuff like that Naturally, the Keeper Elders would take the trick for granted, stone-faced with "That-was-what-we-expected-you-to-do" -attitude)
3. Garrett's first meeting with the Enforcers. Or an Enforcers story, a bitter one easily. What is the life like after the Transformation, why did he/she do it, the new bond with other Enforcers, how does he/she feel about assassinating others and so on.
4. The events that took place while sealing the Old Quarter. There's so much to read about it in the Return to the Haunted Cathedral, and the material was so good! Naturally, if you're into depressing stuff...
5. A day as Benny. No, wait, even better, "A Guards Life" by me! Hah! ....Nah, too boring. Or more for 'fics' than cartoons. Similiarly you could picture the Dark Age (T3 events) from a guards view point: One thief nabbing it all again, Enforcers and statues roaming the streets etc. Reporting all that to the cap' just can't seem good...
Or perhaps giving illustration for one of the existing stories:
-The original games *hinthint*
-Kleptomaniac: The-Not-So-Bright-Project/Mental Age/Deadly Simplicities should have plenty of humour in them to boot. Hold on, linking...
-Some other fan-stuff out there. Thief-Thecircle could be worth looking into...
H'okay, klepto: http://www.thief-thecircle.com/fanworks/klepto/ There's more already, somewhere at the forums here...
In all, just browse a bit. Not as in looking to start something, but as in just for fun; inspiration comes naturally in the right spot.
Last edited by Mugla; 5th Dec 2004 at 11:32.
OOooh, thank you plenty for that . The idea I got from reading through was:
Firstly, it starts with just a few pages of Garrett leaving the Keepers, like a silent montage from his training to his leaving in the dead of the night with a grin on his face. Then it cuts to the Garrett now, somewhere early Metal Age (Just after Shipping, about) within your typical mansion setting. He's within reach of a unique golden... thing, when an arrow crashes through the window opposite, knocks the treasure off it's pedastool and lodges itself in his upper leg (the arrow, not the treasure ^^; ). Guards come pouring in like a badly built house of cards and Garrett has to dive out the window. As he falls, he sees a rope arrow nocked into the gutter, he catches it and swings safely down into the overgrown park below.
It's here he notices the half of the arrow still wedged in his leg has a small note wrapped around it. A Keeper note.
That's when the hooded figure arises from the bushes in front of Garrett, a more-or-less arrogant smirk playing across his lips. The thief curses his old master, Artemus, for nearly pushing him off his mortal coil and for just being a Keeper in general. Vague insults, prophecies etc are exchanged before the true problem is addressed.
Another acolyte has left them, but one not quite so talented. Unfortunantly he/she is the child of an Elder and they want them back. Naturally, Garrett wants to know what this has to do with him... and as it turns out, the child also left to travel the path of the thief, due in turn to Garrett's triumph over the Dark Project. Last seen heading towards the old quarter wall with a crossbow and a rather large sack, it's the Master Thief's job to return the lackwooded youth... aaand yeah... as is the norm, something pretty unspiffing has happened to the lad/lass. And then it happens to Garrett.
Or something like that, yet not nearly as slowpaced. A combination of rival-thiefery, Keepers, city history, supernatural dead things and the like.
But I like the Benny idea... I likes meh Benny boy, I really do . Perhaps a night of terror for the oaf, as one by one the torches go out, the coins and goblets go missing, fellow guards fall alseep...
I think that thou needeth to take thine medication now, milord.Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man
Of course it's related to real campaign storyline.
Why else would I draw it, you silly taffer.
and them tables were broken up way before me...
You must use an obscenely small resolution. Only your image broke the tables on resolutions of 1024x768 and above.
Additionally, our guidelines, which are linked at the bottom of every page clearly state that the maximum dimensions for images posted is 640x480. I think we can all agree that 1224 is greater than 640.
I was politely trying to say that you wouldn't know the difference between concept art and mediocre illustration if they both bit you and you compared the scars, Alexius.
(See? No medication makes grumpy GBM, milord. Thee. Sire. Charlatan.)
Originally Posted by Clockwork Mifune
You've got some sharp tongue for picturing the scene (like the guards-cards bit!). Perhaps you could do more of a pictured story instead (you know, a piece of texts below a huge picture)?
Mmm, sort of and almost like a detective story! I could do that... Hell, I think Garrett would be perfectly suited to that type of excursion. He really does love his own commentary . Oh, and I forgot to thank you for those links. I'd known of Drowtales but not of 'Garas'... and was I wrong to instantly think 'Garrett' and 'Karras' there ? Heh!Perhaps you could do more of a pictured story instead (you know, a piece of texts below a huge picture)?
(Psst... How much? )
Thank you. How much for what?
Arrr... The jokes a-wasted...
As in, it's 'priceless'...?
^^' Whups. Sorry. Tired today. Heh. I get it now.
Originally Posted by godismygoldfish
"It's a double pleasure to trick the
Illustrations don't bite people. You do, with your crazy references and assumptions.Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man
Who says an illustration can't be conceptual?
Take T3 concept art for example. It can be considered as both illustrative and conceptual.
Who decided to draw the line between them?
n 1: artwork that helps make something clear or attractive
a visual representation (a picture or diagram) that is used make some subject more pleasing or easier to understand
Art that is intended to convey an idea or concept to the perceiver and need not involve the creation or appreciation of a traditional art object such as a painting or sculpture.
And who's illustration are you calling mediocre, you taffer?
Last edited by Alexius; 6th Dec 2004 at 22:01.
Last edited by Keeper Anakara; 6th Dec 2004 at 21:54.
Yay, Anakara! The mistletoe one still makes me smile whenever I see it =D.
poor Artimus eh?
Cool pic Anakra! I especially like the young Karras one (the mistletoe pic was cute too!)... ever think about joining Elfwood? It's a lot like Devian Art, but it's a little restricted
Oh and Taffergirl, your pic made laugh sooo taffin' hard *wiping tears away* priceless!!
I suddenly have an urge to watch Monty Python now...
Last edited by pagan_taffer99; 6th Dec 2004 at 22:49.
I have an account on Elfwood.
Had it for a while but I haven't been to it in quite awhile. I stopped posting my old work because I was hammered by immature people who left abusive comments. Not about my work by me as a person. They weren't members but internet "floaties".
Plus, It takes forever for Elfwood to upload your pics. Longest for me was about three weeks.
BUT...if you're interested here is my gallery.
Beware my bio picture is old and ugly.
Yeah, all you concept artists at hammerite emporium are proffesionals, right? I mean, between you and springheel...
I'm not actually involved in the Emporium...I'm purely a Dark Mod guy.
And since we're posting Thiefy-style work...here's something from The Dark Mod (more illustrative than concept art).