TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 491419242934394041424344454647484954596469747984 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2116

Thread: Taffer Art *Post thy works Here*

@ Digital Nightfall - heheh you're right, also I didn't forgot about what you asked me, hopefully soon enough I will show you something

@ redface - thanks, well the bow must be a magical device I imagine he holds the bow on his back, I just was too lazy to do it

The Architect
    You may want to plaster "fan art!" on it somewhere... I've seen images far, far less impressive than that one tossed around on forums on other sites as "hay guies I founed T4 consept art!"

I knew you hadn't forgotten, just got busy. I'll be watching!

(come to think of it, both you and redface should both be working on the T4 art direction team... )

@Digital Nightfall - nah, not yet anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    (come to think of it, both you and redface should both be working on the T4 art direction team... )
    Redface winks at René and other EM devs lurking around.

For those who don't follow the who should play Garrett in a Thief movie thread, here's something:

Russell Crowe (photomanipulation)

Viggo Mortensen (face used for reference)

Awesome, dominus!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall
    with the way things are going in this crazy internet, that image is likely to wind up in every Thief 4 concept art gallery on every site that doesn't actually research what they're posting.
    Would that be such a bad thing?

Actually with serious thought, that could be a bad thing... others could claim it as their artwork. :O

This is my attempt to visualize the City 20 or 50 years after the end of Thief 3.

This is a still from an animated clip I'm working on.

I hope it fits the feel of the world, if not the exact style. I tried to base it on the shots from the cutscenes and the landscape backgrounds from Thief 2 and 3.

I sized it to the dimensions of my monitor, so it's a over-sized at the moment, so the larger one might take a while to load. Sorry!

Half Size:

Full Size:
    Last edited by ShyGreenMoon; 6th May 2009 at 05:19. Reason: -added smaller image-

jtr7
    Hey! Nice!

Yeah, Dominus, RedFace, Str8g8... Great stuff for the devs to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGreenMoon View Post
    This is my attempt to visualize the City 20 or 50 years after the end of Thief 3.

I hope it fits the feel of the world, if not the exact style. I tried to base it on the shots from the cutscenes and the landscape backgrounds from Thief 2 and 3.

I sized it to the dimensions of my monitor, so it's a over-sized at the moment, so the larger one might take a while to load. Sorry!

Half Size:

Full Size:
    We should definately see this clip
    Also nice work Dominus, RedFace, Str8g8.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ShyGreenMoon View Post

Full Size:
    Thief encounters Blade Runner

BANNED

Damn! I want a Jason's comment about that movie.

jtr7
    I LOVE Blade Runner. It was a major inspiration for Thief, too! It had a major impact on me during my impressionable youth.

Quote Originally Posted by massimilianogoi View Post
    Thief encounters Blade Runner

Good Eye! Actually, that's exactly what I had in mind, steam punk meets cyber punk. I even used that exact image with the Geisha as a reference. I was just thinking how fun it would be to explore a huge city like that.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    ... It was a major inspiration for Thief, too!...
    Mh??

Anyway, the first time I've seen this movie it was in 2003, and I was AMAZED by it! So much, that I wrote to the very beautiful Sean Young (and she even relpied me ). But I noted that really my preferred is Prix.

I love this style of black cat-doll punk! My heart hurted so much when I saw her get killed by Deckard. What a sexy, gorgeous girl

jtr7
    In the scene where Deckard enters J.F. Sebastian's home, hunting replicants, and Pris is pretending to be a doll, the place is mostly silent except for the ambients and J.F.'s toys. In the background you can hear what sounds quite like the Viki giggles.

Daniel Thron is a fan of Blade Runner, and the influence shows in his Thief work.

From his Amazon.com profile:
    I make movies for Looking Glass Studios, a video game company (I did the cutscenes for Thief: The Dark Project, plus a number of ads).

My favorite filmakers are Wes Anderson, Tarantino, Scorsese, Kubrick, Ridley Scott (at least for Alien and BR [Blade Runner]), Cameron, Hitchcock, 70's Copolla, 70's Spielberg.

Favorite films: Jaws, The Conversation, Blade Runner and Miller's Crossing. Movies are my whole dang life
    Thief and Blade Runner use a lot of EYE symbolism. Also, the close-up of Garrett's mechanical eye reflecting and observing the fire and spray of sparks from a welder working is somewhat related to the close-up of the eye observing the big city with industrial fire belching into the sky reflected on it.

The City, industrial, grimy, smoggy, lots of smoke-stacks. Slow spinning fans. Garrett vs. robots that seem too alive to be mere machines. The future noir detective elements, the voice-overs.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...t=blade+runner

Of course it's not exact. It's not meant to be, but the influences are there, and there are more, and why wouldn't there be?

BANNED
    Thief and Blade Runner use a lot of EYE symbolism. Also, the close-up of Garrett's mechanical eye reflecting and observing the fire and spray of sparks from a welder working is somewhat related to the close-up of the eye observing the big city with industrial fire belching into the sky reflected on it.
    Could you put that one with the Garrett's eye? The other one is well known indeed.

The City, industrial, grimy, smoggy, lots of smoke-stacks. Slow spinning fans. Garrett vs. robots that seem too alive to be mere machines. The future noir detective elements, the voice-overs.
    Hmmmm I though that the grimmy,industrial and smoggy were took from London city as inspiration... And for the machines... sorry, but I see not all this similarity.

Of course it's not exact. It's not meant to be, but the influences are there, and there are more, and why wouldn't there be?
    They could not be just but coincidences? I better believe in this theory.

jtr7
    It can be totally unintended, but the influence still comes through. An artist cannot help but put himself and what has been impressed upon him into his work.

thanks jtr7 for this, I never knew about this Thief/Blade Runner connection, it is very very interesting.

BANNED
    It can be totally unintended, but the influence still comes through. An artist cannot help but put himself and what has been impressed upon him into his work.

!

Amazing.

Even the pupil colour is the same.

jtr7
    Yeah. I'm sure there's more, but I'm usually not thinking about it while digging around or playing the games, but these are some things I spotted, especially after reading that Dan Thron really digs Blade Runner. I bought the five-disc set that came out last year, and that's when I first noticed the Viki giggles.

Hopefully someone can spot more--coincidence or not.

That's amazing. Good catch!

Return to the Cathedral (of Thief:TDP)

Inspired by Thief: The Dark Project...

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2...dcathedral.jpg

Here's hoping Thief 4 is as scary and atmospheric as previous installments have been!

xx
    Last edited by chagnampra; 13th May 2009 at 10:14.

My little clip is coming along...

http://www.shygreenmoon.com/City.mov

And I might as well post up this as well. I showed this during a typography critique and it scared people.

http://www.shygreenmoon.com/SoulForge.mov

Clearinghouse
    Wow! Very good clips

Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 491419242934394041424344454647484954596469747984 ... LastLast