TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213182328333843485358 ... LastLast

Thread: Taffer Art *Post thy works Here*

I know its not excatly art like everybody elses, but I made some arrows in Photoshop

Element arrows

Its all custom made. textures included.

@ Digital Nightfall

I send an e-mail to T-TC to put one of my Pictures up, but it never got up

oh well

Lovely.

Alrighty then.....

A new Karras picture for you people. Since this thread is not *completely* dead, I found it was easier to post here rather than starting a new thread.

Anyway, ImageShack is not working at all so you guys have to suffer with DA.
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/27783988/

And I know what my mistakes are....his face is all wrong.

REVIOVE!!!11/ /yeSShh

Awesome!! We need more thiefy fanart here. . interestingly I'm on the verge of creating some of my own Thief fanart. . .perhaps I may post it. .

Gorridd, the world's ugliest thief:

Nice use of the color black!

It's appropriate, looks like the thief is shambling on some kind of graveyard with several crypts in the background!

Perhaps he is a zombie thief!. .Stealing the brains of nobility everywhere. . .

No, not a zombie, he's just so ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer
    Perhaps he is a zombie thief!. .Stealing the brains of nobility everywhere. . .
    You are right, now I see the zombie as well!

That looks pretty sweet redf. But upon closer inspection it appears that you are gradually adopting Alexius' smudging style (which I abolutely hate). Yes/no/tot?

tot.

It's a 15 minute painting. If I wanted to work on it some more, the smudgy stuff would of course go away.

NEW GENRE INTERCEPTED

MM: I believe it's known as "dreaminism".

source: http://www.3dexcellence.com/articlevitaly.html

All right, all right, here's my Thief fanart . . .

But I must warn you, it's rather disturbing. . .probably because it's drawn so cartoony-like. . and some might question it's "worksafe-ness" . . .

The sequel. .

. . .you needn't bother asking where I come up with these ideas. .I'm not sure myself. . .

And finally, the picture I've been working on ALL FREAKING WEEKEND. .

A non-cartoony portrait of Zaya. (Be gentle. It's my very first fully digitally painted picture)
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 24th Jan 2006 at 01:11.

@redface

Smooth dude! ~_^ I like the mysterious feel of the painting. Great Job

@Lady Taffer

For the first and second one: What in your right mind possesed you to draw thoes? I needed a good laugh and those certianly did the trick. *shivers*
    And don't worry about drawing/writing crazy ideas.....you had fun no?

As for your Zaya painting: Wow. your first big digital? It's amazing! The warm orange glow really adds something. Thumbs up Hope you do more soon.

P.S. The third picture doesn't work. I can't see the whole thing

Thanks! I fixed the third pic so it works now. . . heeeeehehehe. . wait till you see it. .

. . . and yes, I have LOTS of fun drawing these crazy ideas. . .I don't know what posesses me but it's seriously demented.
    And thanks on the Zaya pic! I wasn't sure if it's good enough but this is definitely encouraging. .(though I think Wynne hates me now *cough*. . if she sees this. . .)

BANNED
    OMG!!! LOL!

nice stuff, Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Anakara
    And don't worry about drawing/writing crazy ideas.
    Ditto

A bit of constructive critisicm.

On the zaya one, the lighting on her right cheek is off. the light should follow along her cheekbone rather than cutting off in a sharp diagonal line.

The same rule applies to the rest of the face. Right now it looks like the right side is caving in on itself.

I don't understand what you're saying. There's no sharp diagonal line on her right cheekbone. . .are you talking about her right cheekbone or your right as you're looking at her?
    The only instance of "caving" I can see is on the shadow side. . is that what you mean? It's just because it's so dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sneak
    OMG!!! LOL!

. . you should have seen the pic I left out.

. .wait, no you shouldn't.

. . you should have seen the pic I left out.

. .wait, no you shouldn't.
    So, now you have to post it.

Previously Important
    and yet in almost every single picture of her and in every single cutscene in the game her face is completely BLANK. . .. I was a little disappointed with that so I drew her the way I thought someone burning for revenge should look.
    Also, since she's supposed to be from an Egypt-based culture I gave her slightly more ethnic features like darker skin, more prominent nose and rounder cheeks so she doesn't look so much like a pretty white girl with collagen lip implants the way she does in the official character artwork.
    Different artists end up with different things.
    Here are two of the original Zaya prototypes: A B

And as far as her being from an Egypt-based culture goes... That all depends on whether you consider the Precursors to be Egypt-based. Zaya's people were conceived to be descendents of those who escaped the cataclysm in Karath-Din -- hence Zaya's surprise to find symbols of Linjala in the Hospital. Or something. Which opens up an interesting line of speculation that was better left to the imagination.

DAMN, those prototypes are awesome! Now why didn't they use one of those?? Why'd they have to make her face so bland and boring in the game??
    She must have been Egypt-based, since in the first briefing art they've got the freaking pyramids in the background and Zaya's all decked out in ankhs and scarab beetle brooches, which are quintessential symbols of Egypt. Also in the briefing art, they show temples with paintings that are practically exact copies of paintings you'd find on the walls in Egyptian burial tombs.

Ominous cowl, .. .you asked for it.

I would like to state for the record that this picture was entirely my friend Steve's idea, therefore it is all HIS fault!
    gad, it scares me. . *shudder*

Previously Important
    DAMN, those prototypes are awesome! Now why didn't they use one of those??
    Probably because Saturnine's art style is totally different to mine? Just a guess.

Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213182328333843485358 ... LastLast